If there was a 2v8 mode.......

Which Killer pairings would have the best or most unique synchronicity?

I like to think Trapper and Legion would be interesting. Legion to scatter them and Trapper to snatch them as they flee.

Comments

• Novaranium
    Novaranium Member Posts: 2

Maybe, but how many generators would there be? 10?

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

As someone who's stopped running Spine Chill for a while now Myer's/Ghostface/Pig would be awesomely effective.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,099

I think Legion would be a must for 2v8 mode, since they would just find and injure everybody easily and the second Killer would finish the job.

I would say Legion + Blight / Huntress would be really good together.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Sure, watch 6 gens pop after the first down. An amazing view!

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Ghostface and Jumpscare Myers are the perfect duo.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,809

Legion & Trapper got me thinking - I think I like Legion & Hag better. Legion to injure everyone, and Hag to rapidly deal damage to people trying to move around the map while injured.

Imagine two Bubbas playing a basement build lol. You play as normal until you get a basement hook, but once someone's down there you always keep one or the other relatively close. Even if you down a survivor too far away to get all the way down to the basement, that's fine; provided you get them reasonably close to the basement you can have your buddy down the survivor once they wiggle and bring them right downstairs anyway. Once a survivor gets on the basement hook, they're basically dead. Eight downs = win, and those downs might even be easier if people ever go for saves. BT can't even always save you against one Bubba. Good luck against two.

Forever Freddy & Plague would be disgusting. Stacking slowdown perks would be disgusting in general but these two would be so good at it.

Legion & Twins would be insane too. Everyone's injured all game and Victor gets to do nothing but rampage. Usually the only reliable counter to Victor is staying healthy so you can kidnap him for a bit when he hits you.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Plague + Spirit is why this game mode would never happen.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811
    edited March 2021

Plague + Oni = Oni will be getting his power all the time and can down Survivors very quickly. If they cleanse, then the Plague will have her power all the time.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Hag and Legion. Hag sets the traps, Legion makes the survivors run into them.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Imagine legion vaulting during frenzy and stepping in a trap lol

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

Most tryhard combo? Nurse + LF or nurse + Trapper

She brings survs to other, and that other is camping them to death

Funniest? Tbag duo Piggy and GF

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,959

Legion+ Spirit (UwaUhaUwauha)

Trapper + anyone (you now have to pay attention to 3 things at the same time)

Oni + Spirit (good luck trying to hear spirit when ONI is screaming all the time

Gunslinger + Clown (sniper and spotter)

Doctor+ anyone (i am the only survivor i know that runs calm spirit unironically)

Freddy + Anyone (especially: + Spirit and + Legion)

Pyramid head + Anyone (except Ghost Face and maybe Myers)

Hag+ Huntress

Plague + clown, twins, Blight or Pig

Nurse + Hag ( WAAAAAH!)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Trapper and Hag playing the basement game

Oni and Blight for M1 madness

Nurse and Spirit for GG survivors

Ghostface and Myers are a bit of stealth comedy pairing

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Probably Doc/Plague/Legion + one of the top tier killers I guess.

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306

Plague and nurse. Injure them all with plague. Give her the ability? Or let nurse down everyone? It's a win win. Obviously nurse has to be good, as well as plague.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,048
    edited March 2021

Legion and Oni would probably be the meta choice, since Oni's Blood Fury is the best power in the game, but his overall power, yamaokas wrath, has the downside of needing to get an injure with a basic attack. Having Legion pretty much negates the one significant downside of Oni's power, and you'd also get extra blood with the mending time and healing time, which is quickly undone by Legion, and, on top of this, even if you DO heal, Oni negates your health state with instadowns. It'd be disgusting.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Well i'd only play Wraith anyway, so i'll think of combinations with him...

I guess Plague or Legion would be the way to go, especially Legion.

Get a quick hit in with Legion, then get a surprise attack in with Wraith.

They both have the "a bit more speed than usual" thing going on as well, so that's a neat lil theme.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Doctor + a strong killer

Legion + a strong killer

Both doctor and Legion can pretty much debilitate survivors from doing anything while the stronger killers focus on killing.

• poomanchu
    poomanchu Member Posts: 242
  • Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

Guys this mode will never happen. Too many variables. I would expect a DBD dating sim mode before this

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318

Okay, but there better be an Oni route. I just want one smooch from him, that's all I want

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Body is 1 character too short.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

In terms of most unfair Nurse + Spirit. Just put the two best killers together lol

Hag + Trapper I feel would be evil as well. Both setting up their respective webs of traps far away from each other would create two large zones for survivors that they have to worry about and even if they overlap some, that just makes it even worse for survivors.

Aside from these unfair combos one I feel would be more fair but still powerful and a good example of two killers who would synergize well together would be Plague and Oni. Injured survivors from Plagues vile purge give Oni his blood for his power and if players cleanse they give Plague her corrupt purge power so it's a lose lose situation vs these two snowball killers.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

When you guys are thinking about "which pair of Killers do the best job" and list in the best Nurse with 2nd best Spirit.

Guys, 2 killer players can pick double Nurse thats the true best of pair killers.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited March 2021

Def doc and nurse static blast and she starts a chase

But if that's not allowed probably freddy w fake pallets and idk bubba

Ohh def oni and legion 10 people for legion just to hack and slash and oni just has plenty of blood considering they would probably bring double pallets to make up for the amount of survivors there are so legion will ingore them

If not pluage and oni with thanata

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Idk it dosent sound too impossible considering a moble game like dbd done it

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Plague + Twins

Everyone is injured, everyone will get slugged constantly, and anyone who tries to heal will make Plague slug even harder

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    edited March 2021

IdV's duo hunters mode is quite an experience. The ruleset is interesting, although i dont remember how strong the decoding penalty is. That upgrade shop wouldnt make it into dbd tho, thats for sure.

It's funny, the dbd community gets so hung about 2 killers tunnelcamping the same survivor they forget the remaining 7 pushing those gens.

-- back to Op's question, I'd say doctor is a good "support.

Else chainsaw bros' before metahoes 😂

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited March 2021

Two Bubbas.

Okay c'mon hear me out on this one. One Bubba facecamps, the other gets downs and actually plays normally. Then they switch roles once the other Bubba gets their facecamp kill.

Also please BHVR make this happen exclusively to ONLY custom games, I don't think it'll affect the playerbase as much and maybe it'd benefit the queue times. C'mon lads you added the new UI for new features, right..............................?

• thuzhar
    thuzhar Member Posts: 3

trapper + any killer

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

The doctor would go well with any killer. I would pair him with nurse for aesthetic reasons.