"Because they deserve it"

I swear to god, every self-congratulatory spite post I read on this forum ages me by one more year. Immortal superbeing that I am, I can feel my #########' bones starting to melt from being here too long.

Let me tell you something.

When you say to yourself "Oh, I can do this miserable unfun thing to the other side, because they deserve it and I can feel good about myself on top of it", you're infinitely worse than whatever dickhead survivor tbagged you at the exit gates, or the facecamping bubba smacking you on the hook at 5 gens. Infinitely worse.

I will gladly take a hundred of them over one of you.

There's nothing sadder or less fortunate for me to have to look at for more than a fraction of a second than someone who's managed to elevate their resentment of the other side, "them" to such a level that they've decided--

Not only are they all bad, not only are they all out to get me, I can take moral, righteous pleasure in doing bad things to them. I'm doing a good thing! I'm indulging in my base, petty spite and it's not even my fault, i'm the good guy!

There is nothing worse.

Good day.

Comments

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I can relate, fellow immortal super being.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I agree with you. I doesn't make it right to do bad things to others. It just makes you stoop down to their level.

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462

Easy there. They are gonna think your talking politics lol

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I was almost going to argue... then I realized that SWATTING was a thing.

Fucking sad to realize that....

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

I believe Saul Alinsky (sp) wrote in Rules for Radicals something to the effect of “the greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing humanity he doesn’t exist”..... I say this because the game is in such a state (performance, balance, matchmaking.... the devs making) that it’s inevitable that opposing sides look opposite and lay blame. All the while, the devs are let off the hook. (They don’t exist.)

Until the Comunity holds them accountable, this is what we have. I mean all dramatics aside, we all know this is a pvp game and in any pvp game there will be a pissed off side. As much as I enjoyed your post and agree 100%, it’s kind of a moot point.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

That's an absolutely amazing quote. Thank you for telling it.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2021

I heard it from Civ 5 :P

I think it's said when you research dynamite.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Thank you so, SO ######### MUCH for posting this. Excellent take as well.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Yep. And that's legit. It's not your job to babysit killer/survivor fun, cause you just know they're not concerned about yours.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

I don't play to be "the good guy". I play to have fun, for myself, as I intended when I purchased the video game with my hard earned money. Winning, as it turns out, is fun for me.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
  • SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

Seriously, it’s like these people have never seen the movies.

Yes, Michael Myers is concerned with the fun of the person he is smashing a TV on after drowning them in a toilet.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

You are 100% right. Don't camp people to avenge other people. Camp people because you want to!

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

I agree that people in this community spend too much time trying to punish other people, or list the offenses that "justify" being punished. But, if the specific players you match with are being really aggressive, I think it's totally fine to use a proportional amount of aggression in return.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

That's not what is being pointed out.

This is about the killers/survivors who say "I got tbagged/camped" and then say "I'm going to make the next survivors/killer feel like crap because I'm pissy."

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

I used to be that way. I used to throw on an ebony mori and tunnel after losing a match and being taunted by the survivors. That was pretty long ago though. I've matured greatly since then. I don't even return bm to someone who bms me cause it's just whatever. If I lose sure I might feel a bit salty but I move on.

Point is It's not the next group of players fault whatever happened to you in the previous match. As for the people who bm you they just want to get reaction out of you. Sure you can bm back but that just shows you let them get to you and I've learned I'm better than that. Just have fun and ignore them.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

These posts are such snoozefests feel free to tell me how I can or can't play once you send me the money that I spent on this game.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

because paying money for something means you can do whatever you want, its like driving a car and paying road tax, you can drive as fast as you want and honk at everyone who is in your way.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Are you talking about the childish people who do things to aggravate others and post about it on the forums?

Cuz that’s pretty much the internet.

I’ll admit I will t-bag a killer for BMing me or any of my friends, when I’m at the exit gate. I just won’t post about it on the forums cuz I don’t care that anyone knows. That’s just a personal choice I make which is dependent on my mood. Don’t need to explain it nor does it need to make sense to anyone else.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Amen 🙏🏻

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I swear to god, every self-congratulatory spite post I read on this forum ages me by one more year

Immortal or not you should be older than the universe by now.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

Here was me and my foolish optimism thinking this was going to be a heart warming post about leaving items at the gate for killers and giving survivors the hatch.

I see now that I was naïve.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

When I started playing survivor it gave me a whole new perspective on how to play killer. I'm not saying I didn't try to win but I would walk right past a recently unhooked still injured survivor to go and find someone else. I always and I mean always gave hatch or exit gate to who I felt was the best teammate. If someone gave up or dc'ed I would take it easy on the rest and let them leave. Slugging, tunneling, camping was not in my arsenal not even in EGC. Was more than happy with 8 hooks and no kill games. Did not care about what this did to my BP, emblems or rank because it was what I felt was right from playing survivor. Then I spent 2-3 weeks playing nothing but nurse..... There was one survivor and I really mean ONE who was halfway decent in there gameplay/messages everyone else tortured me for weeks. It's like they had never escaped before in this game or seen a new nurse. I knew I was in for a rough road starting to learn her at rank 2 but never would have thought people would have been that way to a nurse everyone knows how to spot a new nurse. After a week or 2 of torture things turned around and I was able to dish out some pain with her and vowed that my game comes first. If I'm behind and need a kill I will remove someone aka tunnel yo ass, sluggs galore if needed, Camp that boring but if I catch you by basement proxy time you prolly aint gettin out, and hatch pssf I'll slug forever to prevent it then happily walk you past it hook you and close it. Say what you want about I'm torturing others for others doing no no no you claim there are good/nice surviviors out there. Where? I don't see em not as killer and not as survivor. They aren't even nice to other survivors. I was a nice baby killer for a long time now I'm a killer who kills sorry if that's bad.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

If it isn't doing anything bannable then get over it. It's nobody's problem but your own if you get shook by a video game. Stop brining real life scenarios in to the picture when talking about a video game. I know some people may have a hard time differentiating between the two but there is a difference.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Yup, its a neverending cycle of salt and toxicity. I got V& for a month and for that month, despite still being home due to Covid and on my PC a lot I was enjoying myself more. Turns out I was spending so much time on this forum getting pointlessly heated over stupid things that don't really matter. I stopped debating about the game and just played it.

Now when I see someone with 20 hours "killer is too hard" or "Ruin is too strong",etc I just ignore it. It's not worth getting involved in the debate.

There's a lack of impartiality on these forums. Every post about balance is "Us VS Them" from players with 500 hours in killer and 5 in survivor or vice versa.

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2021

What if the forum is the real villain?

• gibblywibblywoo

Now that I think about it, I probably began enjoying this game less and less when I started posting on here. I became less hopeful for its future.

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

There's not a lot of constructive discussion here and the threads that start out that way devolve into the usual "nerf x/buff x/killer-sided/survivor sided" arguments that get a least three new posts a day each.

It sucks, but....what are you gonna do?

• NoxVeno
    NoxVeno Member Posts: 177

Its a competitive multi-player game. What else would it be about? People are going to lobby for things from their viewpoint and argue against their opposition. Hopefully you find balance in the middle. What would you consider constructive?

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited March 2021

I don't really care much about that in itself even though the "I'll get revenge in the next match" mindset is one I personally just don't understand.

But you often see people never considering that whoever made them set out for "revenge" might be doing the exactly same thing. I mean, suuuurely they'd be just as understanding if their opponent(s) that got to them were just blowing off some steam after a rough match as well, right? Must be some kind of miscommunication, as that would be some truly pathetic quadruple PhD-in-hypocrisy level hypocrisy right there, reserving the right to take it out on unaffiliated player(s) while not extending that right to others... 🙃

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

Like I said-- do whatever the hell you want, play how you want to play, do what you do to get kills, indulge in your pithy spite all day if it pleases you. Maybe read a little while you're at it.

Just don't tell yourself you're a #########' hero if you try to ruin other people's times and smile about it because you sure showed """"them"""".

Wallow in that miserable pit all day if you want to. Just do it honestly.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

Reading would be pretty #########' boring if I didn't actually read at all, you're right.

I'm not telling you how you can or can't play. I'm literally telling you to do whatever you want.

Just admit that you're the same brand of miserable dickhead that you hate to play against if you decide to play to ruin the game for the other side. That's what this post is about-- the people who do it, but can't even be real with themselves and admit they're nothing better than the worst people they go against.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476
    edited March 2021

Most of my they deserved it are reactionary to what the other side does and not pre-emptive strikes because of past games

survivor working on gens dses me, go out of my way a little more to tunnel them (thankfully getting fixed)

all of my hexes get cleansed to fast and I don't think I can maintain enough pressure to keep 4 survivors juggled, get one out so I can play at a more reasonable pace in my new situation

and other stuff like that is what causes the they deserved it plays retroactively never pro actively or pre-emptive

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2021

I never understood that mindset, people who take this or any game to such extremes of pettiness should take a cold shower or go for a walk and clear their mind, especially with party games.

I remember before Ebony got nerfed threads "That Squadette did THIS to me so the next game I burnt an Ebony and took revenge by tunneling off hook everyone, hehe that should teach those random Soloqueuers who had to endure my pettiness" were the norm.

P.D. I would LOVE to play UNO against some people on this forum, especially if my brothers were there since we play to see how can annoy the others the most.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Just admit that you're the same brand of miserable dickhead that you hate to play against if you decide to play to ruin the game for the other side.

Preeeeeeeetty much this. It's one thing when someone is being a jerk, but if they admit they're being a jerk, at least I can respect their honesty and understand their reasons. Veiling ones actions behind false pretense just makes the person that much less capable of garnering sympathy, understanding, etc.

And ya, if someone says "I'm going to be an unfun sweat lord because I just had a bad match and I want to take it out on something", it's wrong, but at least I GET where they're coming from. Saying "OH THEY PROBABLY DESERVE THIS" just shows that they are being dishonest to you, and themselves.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I do it honestly. That's why I just told you about it. Now who ain't reading. I dont do it to ruin fun I do it to win/kill which is what the killer is supposed to do. Only spiteful thing around here is your posts. I play play my normal builds and kill I just dont hold anyone's fukin hand anymore when they suck or are having a bad gm. You get hooked/slugged/tunneled/proxy camped/######### on like everyone else.

• gibblywibblywoo

Its the mentality that leads to some poor soul going up against a Object Key squad or (used to) go up against an ebony mori hook camping Leatherface. Taking out your anger on some poor sods in their first match of the day because you feel wronged by someone else beating you last game. Neverending cycle.