The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Character Visual Update- What do you want?

Since they're eventually gonna update character models to look better, what do you personally wanna see changed? A new face for certain characters? An entirely new model? Improved hair/cloth physics? Better textures or animations?

I personally want them to update some of the older survivors. And better mori's for some killers.

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

Maybe some better fashion design.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Agreed. Even in Silent Hill 3, she looks a little tired and just sad.

• RamiSamii
    RamiSamii Member Posts: 173

I'd love for Claudette's dreads to finally move on her default head. Besides that, I'd love all the old models (I believe it will be everyone before Curtain Call, since Clown just got touched and Kate is still on par with newer survivors) to be touched in general. Laurie is a big one for me, as well as Quentin. Hope they can get fixed if licenses allow.

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306

i know they just did nurse, but she still has a stiff dress, just fix it lol.

other than that claude and huntress, which i think huntress is next if not after that. i heard that this chapter is the rework of coldwind farm maps and the next ones red forest. probs her.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

Well, Quentin needs an urgent face rework, that's for sure. Maybe Nea and Laurie as well.

Meg, Claudette, and Tapp (his face is not bad-looking, just needs to look more identical to his appearance in SAW) could use face reworks as well.

They could also give some of them the Nurse treatment. Remember how they changed Nurse's default cosmetic design this patch? Well, I suppose some of them could use reworked default clothing. Not exactly sure who deserves this treatment though.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I would like better hair, cloth physics, and better textures. And also a better face for Quinten.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Claudette is disgusting Frog, Meg is a caveman, Nea... let's not talk about Nea

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

Face reworks: Quentin, Laurie, Nea, Cybil and kinda Tapp (his face is okay, but I don’t like his hair on that hatless cosmetic)

i don’t want them to look more beautiful, but just more human and on par with the other survivors..

Jake needs better leg/ass model, can’t find a cosmetic piece I like on him...

Krampus and Minotaur should get more love as well.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Honestly just make them look better and the couple of goblins in the game need to look human.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Wonder how long it's gonna take them to update all the models for survivors and killers? Pretty much has taken them a year with these graphical map reworks, gonna take another year for all of these?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Mainly Jake. His face looks like a potato

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Kate and Oni for me.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

They recently renewed the Halloween license so I hope they can make Laurie look more like Jamie Lee Curtis.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I want for the update to not affect frames and performance.

Those nonlicensed dont really look better graphic-wise or more realistic except hair, they just look more handsome except Kate who looks like someone who had way too much plastic surgery.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

The second Quentin face rework doesn't even look like him or Kyle Galner.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

I think that all characters (mostly survivors but also killlers) up to the "Shattered Bloodline" Chapter need some better textures and meshes. With Shattered Bloodline characters started to look better and were of higher quality. They might need some fresh textures, but nothing big.

My highest priority would be the first 5 survivors, then Ace, Feng and David. Kate is ok for me but could use some minor improvements. Then go for the licensed characters. Laurie, Myers and Quentin first (although the NoES license is always a bit tricky), after that improve Tapp a bit (he's ok but not great) and give Bill higher quality textures. That would it be for me. Cheryl, Steve, Nancy and Ash look good, so nothing to change there.

I also would update all of the old Mori animations, especially Trapper and Wraith. Myers could get a locker Mori animation like in the movie if grabbing someone out of the locker with a tombstone.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

Quentin and Laurie are the 2 big problems imo, after that it'd be Nea and Meg, and MAYBE Nancy.

Pleas bhvr quentin looks like he lives off of the leftover hotdog water in the sink.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

I don't need them to be barbies, just a little bit more detailed textures and not so stiff facial animations.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Kinda looks like someone used something like a Barbie and Ken filter on the other survivors 🤣

• DonkeyRat
    DonkeyRat Member Posts: 42

Maybe change the way Jake stands? The way he stands is very annoying to look at.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366
    edited March 2021

I wish the default outfits of the earlier survivors weren't so dirty, you can hardly see the clothes that they're wearing.

(Edit) Also, adjust the proportions of the earlier survivors, why is Dwight's torso longer than his legs? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

Update the original 4 and give us better hair physics for all survivors

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Put paper bags over Meg's, Nea's, Quentin's and Tapp's faces

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Better prestige cosmetics.

Grinding for one bloody often outdated look seems entirely pointless especially since you get less medkits on p3 bloodwebs when medkits are the only thing I want.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

How is the Nancy one an improvement? The one DBD modelled is more realistic to what the actual actress looks like. Same with the Steve one.

Also I'm NGL other than the David, Laurie, Tapp, and Quentin one, all of the "better" versions look mediocre in comparison to the original or flat out ugly and unnecessary.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 367

Beyond just that, rework a number of killer cosmetics. We can't just be biased against Blendette when there's tons of black/brown sets of clothing a killer can wear to blend in that's difficult to see.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

Some of those I like. Others are worse than the original. Honestly Meg looks fine as is. Quinten is the one in desperate need of a makeover.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

Honestly, Laurie and Quinton are the only ones I think in a desperate need of a makeover. Lauries hair looks like wire brush and Quinton looks like a meth gargoyle

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    edited March 2021

The Shape needs an updated design badly. He looks like a PS2 era model under most lighting.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

The original 4 survivors remodeled, they are extremely outdated.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337

I coulda sworn they said character reworks were supposed to happen like a patch or 2 ago, was really looking forward to it as well. Now it's probably set to happen once all the map reworks are done, forever away. Map reworks are nice and all but it isn't nearly as fun as actually having new maps to play on. Blight, Twins, Trickster are owed maps of their own.

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371

This is the first Realm Beyond update to feature Character Models – should players expect more of these kinds of changes in future updates?

JF: YES! Some Killers will receive the same treatment as The Nurse and The Clown. The idea is to make them more beautiful without changing the look and personality of each character. We are also working on a bunch of updates for Survivor models – I cannot say more for now, but I’ve seen the first results and it looks really promising.

So according to the devs back in early Feb, the models are in fact in development.

Like you said, I'd also bet it's going to be after all the map reworks. Thankfully since facial reworks are not as hard as map reworks, it'll take less time for them to release those.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

New killer animations, some are very dated. Trapper slides around when he walks for example.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

I'm nervous about this, because I don't want them to not look like themselves. The earlier character models have personality, even if they look less polished than some of the newer ones. That said, they've come a long way in how well they model hair, and I like that the newer cosmetics are usually less grimy, so you can see the clothes. So, changes like that that don't fundamentally alter the way they look, or the vibe they give off, would be neat.

• FoolyCooly
    FoolyCooly Member Posts: 21

More jiggle physics