The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DC Penalty

tacotyce
tacotyce Member Posts: 2
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I understand why the DC penalty is in the game, but it should not exceed more than an hour or a couple of hours. It also shouldn’t carry over into the next day and so on. My penalty is continually adding up day after day. People also still DC regardless even it’s not as often. I don’t wanna get into DCing too much, but I’ll just say that I don’t like DCing, because I obviously get the penalty and have to wait for another game, but I can’t stand the toxicity in this community. That goes for survivors and killers. Also matchmaking needs to be fixed!! It’s gotten worse!! I shouldn’t be a rank 16 killer going against red rank survivors every game and I shouldn’t be a rank 12 survivor going against a rank 1 killer. I loved this game and still have love for it, but I can’t enjoy it for more than a match or 2 on most days, because of terrible matchmaking or toxic players. It’s essentially impossible to fix the toxicity issue, but matchmaking has so much potential for growth even if it’s never perfect. That alone would make the game bearable and fun again. It’s fine if you want to come at me in the comments I can take it, but I don’t wanna argue. This is just how I feel and you don’t have to agree with it by any means. You’re completely entitled to your own opinion. Thank you for reading tho

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I mean I think the DC penalty should be replaced with another method but if your consistently getting up to 1 hour bans that’s on you

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Just pointing out that unless you DC multiple times in a short period of time your DC penalty shouldn't go over 10 minutes, so if your DC penalty is over an hour is on you

Noone will say that going against much more skilled players than you is fine, but DCing from the match doesn't solve anything, so you should probably stop that

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

No, If you get past an hour you've been DCing or losing connection regularly enough & I don't want to get matched someone who DCs regularly.

• fatmyers
    fatmyers Member Posts: 4

the penalty seems totally reasonable as is, if you're dcing so much you have over an hour ban that's on you. i can't see why anyone would need to dc so much?

the matchmaking is a little off i have to agree, 4 rank 16s against a rank 7 killer last night wasn't fun

• Billymain37
    Billymain37 Member Posts: 5

My problem is whenever I launch the game always the first match I go into I get kicked and my connection is fine. Then I get a penalty for something that I'm pretty sure is on the servers end. Why always only the first game I start? Then it runs smooth no issues

• pennythewise
    pennythewise Member Posts: 48

EXACTLY my problem. Once Ive been playing 2 matches after my 47 ban but the 2nd match i was kicked AGAIN mid game because my internet is “bad” .....

ive received 71 hours ban and im waiting to this day ... my ban should be removed by Tomorrow tho

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

The bans going as high as they are is a good thing imo. Because if you know you're going to get a 6, 12 or 24hour ban that's a great deterrent to stop people from doing it if they want to be able to play another match.

For me the penalty could be 24hour everytime or at least 12 because if I'm that frustrated with the game that I'm dcing then I'm definitely done for the day and off to play another game instead.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited March 2021

Every now and then the game has network stability issues out of our control and drops out at any given moment, Getting DC penalties for a problem from something that has not only NOT been caused by me but something caused by behaviour annoys the hell out of me.