The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can we get a crow rework

The topic of game progression is a main focus and I feel this could go a long way to implement a steady pace. As of now crows might as well just be scenery, they function poorly and most just ignore their vary existence. By making them more of an obstacle and an informational tool, matches would be meet with a more cautious speed. The best thing that can come out of this is working for both sides. 
1- new alert just for crows; both sides receive these and only out side of chase/ at a distance (actual range of audio)
2- make perks concerning them mean something again, help prevent triggering 
3- have disturbing multiple crows insight a murder flock ( a temporary semi blind ) to distort field of view and sounds
4-(random idea) nesting hooks; new objective that increase crows in an area when survivors are placed or decrease when sabotaged (animated crows pecking you)
Not perfect but I think this is something that could be improved and genuinely add to the run time of a game

Comments

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

Dude screw crows and their creepy ass ability to blend in. Also too many at the hospital.....Its not a forest!!!!

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Crows interacting with survivors would be dope.... like a crow starting to peck a survivor while their working on gen stopping their progress would add to the game... I think crows isnt something that's at the top of the list of needed changes 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    skilled killers look for crows taking flight in the distance and catch players that way constantly. use your eyes and ears a little better. crows seem fine to me.
  • El_Sneako
    El_Sneako Member Posts: 21

I use crows pretty often to tell if a dweeb has passed through recently, but the audio queue is lackluster, so they only matter if you can see them leave or return. I would personally appreciate it if they could FOLLOW and make noise for a short duration if disturbed, and the perk for crows made that effect last longer/make more noise.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Don't want to sound like im asking for more ques or promps for help. Just mentioning a feature that feels under utilized. I started before crows were reduced and liked how a map feature interacted with play. Killer's want to slow the pace of matches and Dev's don't want to increase gen time. I figure having obstacles spread around that both parties can benefit from is a better direction then time adjustments. Don't even care if its anything close to what I suggested.
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx

You get a crow! And you get a crow! What if they incorporated crows with premonition and they had a crow whack you in the head from the direction of the killer. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

We should have a silhouette of Brandon Lee appear when the crows are spooked or spies from the shadows activates

• NoxiousOnnyyxx

@HellDescent said:
    We should have a silhouette of Brandon Lee appear when the crows are spooked or spies from the shadows activates

Who is that?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

@HellDescent said:

Who is that?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Lowbei said:
    skilled killers look for crows taking flight in the distance and catch players that way constantly. use your eyes and ears a little better. crows seem fine to me.
    That works on all killers except freddy since theres those black ash thingies flying in the sky. They've messed me up quite a but before :frown: