Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

THE SHINING (NEW CHAPTER IDEA)

I am student athlete in college and a big fan of DBD. I have a idea for a new chapter that I would love to see come into fruition. It’s just a suggestion but I hope it’s alright. The next chapter would be based on the Shining with axe or bat wielding Jack Torrance as the killer and older Danny(his son) as the survivor. The Overlook Hotel would be the new map and Jacks main power would be called “Here’s Johnny” where basically as the match progresses over time his core mechanics such as tracking, lunging, pallet breaking, generator disrupting and overall speed percentages increase. His power represents his gradual fall into insanity displayed in the movie. 

Similar to the Doctor Jacks craziness tier would rub off on the survivors. When fixing generators or in the middle of a chase the murdered twin sisters would appear pending the survivors interaction with Jack throughout a match(hooked, hit, chases, etc). The haunting “redrum” sound will accompany the terror radius when Jack is around a survivor and it can also be heard during the course of a chase pending the survivors level of insanity and/or the length of the chase. Not sure what Danny’s main perks would be but I just thought it would be a cool idea. You guys can figure out most of the stuff but I think the community would get a kick out of it. Thanks for your consideration. 

Comments

• aras1377
    aras1377 Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2018

you know i love to all the ideas become real and devs add peoples idea , but i feel like they dont really care , its pissing me off , isn't this a wish list for god sake ? for example i see alots of people want the killer " pyramid head " from silent hill or the famous ghost face to be a new added killer to the game but its didn't happen , for how long should we wait and in the end we get nothing ? people make tons of good idea's for the game but none of them are happening . after all these great idea's from people , we get the stupid spirit killer chapter , but in fact, people want for example pyramid head or ghost face

• grisstyl
    grisstyl Member Posts: 110

@aras1377 said:
    you know i love to all the ideas become real and devs add peoples idea , but i feel like they dont really care , its pissing me off , isn't this a wish list for god sake ? for example i see alots of people want the killer " pyramid head " from silent hill or the famous ghost face to be a new added killer to the game but its didn't happen , for how long should we wait and in the end we get nothing ? people make tons of good idea's for the game but none of them are happening . after all these great idea's from people , we get the stupid spirit killer chapter , but in fact, people want for example pyramid head or ghost face

They can't implement every idea that people have because they have to consider balance (yes, they do before anyone starts), licensing costs, and all that. The Spirit was heavily drawn from someone's idea on here. Not to mention that they likely have upcoming chapters planned in advance since they gave away the Year 3 plan.

• aras1377

@grisstyl Dude , don't tell me what i already know , because i'm the guy who tells everybody that licensing is not easy , i agree with everything you say because i already know it , what i'm saying is that they don't put let people to vote for the new contents and ideas officially, here , this is the wishlist , wich one of this peoples ideas became real ? seriously ! wich one ? this is not a good way to use peoples ideas on the game , most of the people prefer to have classic characters or contents from other movies or video games , not some self created characters and stuff ,tell you what , dont you want them to bring some famous characters or maps to the game ? or do you just prefer to have new self created characters or maps ? i'm not saying its bad , its good to have new characters and contents , but the key to success is to is to see " WHAT PEOPLE REALLY WANT NOW ? " if devs ask this questions from themselfs , i think they will care more about this stuff , we have enough new characters in the game , dont you think its getting boring? dont you think its time to make diffirents and and make the game more intresting than ever by bringing some classic characters ?, everyone knows that the classic killers are badass and they're keep asking devs to bring them to the game , i'm sure people asked for ghost face more than the spirit character , why would they still choose the spirit , besides its not just about new contents , there are some good ideas wich is about the gameplay and the balancing problem and we all know this this is so much easier to be done than plannig on a new contents ,for example lots of people are suffering from the problems like survivors camping and wasting time and i saw more people asking it to be fixed but nothing has happened

• aras1377

@grisstyl dude, dont tell me what i already know , dont get me wrong , i agree with you because i already knew licensing is not easy , i'm not a fu***n jack as , all i'm saying is that we have a enough new self created characters , but now people dont want anymore new created characters , everyone know classic characters are badass and tell me if i'm wrong , most of the people want some classic characters to be added in the game tell you what , dont you want the devs to focus on these kinda new contents ? something that really worth it ? or do you just prefer to have new killers wich is not even scary anymore, we can all make new stupid characters out of our minds , besides its not only about new contents , the game is not balanced yet and most of the people have good ideas to make the gameplay and the game system better , for example everyone want to be able to setup their own servers (like time limit score limit ,gameplay changes or even new gamemodes ) , but none of these have been solved until now

• kilas2megas
    kilas2megas Member Posts: 6

@aras1377 y u no use periods ,

• Klash
    Klash Member Posts: 1

Здравствуйте! Я хочу вам порекомендовать что было бы неплохо если бы вы добавили в игру следующих убийц: Джейсон,Колекционер и убийцу из фильма Крик. Да я понимаю что не мне решать но было бы неплохо если бы их всех троих добавили. Просто многие пользователи хотят видеть их троих. Вы можете сделать следующее новое обновление где будет сразу они в троём. Спасибо за понимание! Буду очень благодарен! Ответьте и добавьте их пожалуйста!

• aras1377

@klash thats the point man , they cant just add everything that easy , there are laws that says you cant just add other peoples stuff in your game you have to license it first