Lets make a List of NON-OFFENSIVE things blocked by the new chat filter

Options
13»

Comments

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

it really doesn't make sense. I saw a phot of the the entire phrase pick me up being censored by the chat so who knows.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

The word "bond" was censored in my game, I dunno why

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

"Its just a case of community complaining about anythign instead of giving constructive feedback"

Words like "Myers", "Real" and "Name" are filtered words, the filter is absolute trash. I dont know what kind of feedback can I give about something that filters those words, the whole adaptative stuff is absurd because I have never ever used strong language on the post chat yet I have regular words filtered, what kind of adaptation is that? a preemptive strike?.

Just make a list with slurs and heavy insults and call it a day, like the one we have in the forum, easier, more reliable and faster to implement.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

When you have to resort to what? Facts? Please, be specific.

PS: I'm not "running defense" for anything or anyone. I'm stating facts, nothing else.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

Myers isn’t filtered for everyone initially though, someone posted a screenshot on the first page, trying out different words that supposedly are censored but they could write all of them...

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I know the filter works on a personal basis but as I said, I have never ever used strong language unless you consider "camper" something worth of being filtered yet I have Real, Myers and Name filtered, what kind of adaptation is that when I got 3 regular words already filtered without even saying any kind of insult or slur?.

The only feedback I can give to the filter right now ist that its trash, its not something in need of tweaks or QoL changes, it needs to be scrapped and rebuilt because it doesnt work like it should in the slightest and I studied computer coding, making a regular filter like the one on the forum is extremely easy.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Youtube

• Rattius
    Rattius Member Posts: 34
    Options

"to a good place" is censored. Lol

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

I think Dwight is blocked, although I'm unsure about it

But

Why

People call for me by saying "Dwight" instead of my username

Just

Why

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214
    Options

The filter seems off. I've had friends type words in chat that for me get censored but theirs go through

• Rattius
    Rattius Member Posts: 34
    Options

lets add "to the right place" as an alternative censor to my last one. there's no trying to say this phrase I guess?

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347
    Options

platforms like instagram and onlyfans are also blocked

dont get why this game needs a chat filter, it literally states that this game was "Intended for mature audiences" with their bs "violence, blood, gore"

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

The filter is garbage. I referred to the (completely harmless) name of one of my teammates but it was blocked for some stupid reason, and unfortunately their name was 6 letters so it actually looked like I was calling them a slur lmao. So the filter completely backfired by making my totally innocuous statement look like I was calling them an offensive insult. Nice.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

It blocked Ventura as i was saying ace should get a pet detective outfit

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

They want us to say Shape more, triggered we dont? XD

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options

It is. If you paid for it, you should be able to say whatever the ######### you want on it. Censorship is never, ever a good thing. Not even once; no exceptions.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2021
    Options

If I pay for a hotel room, I agreed to a certain list of terms that gives the hotel the freedom to kick me out if I ######### on their floor. No amount of "BUT I PAID FOR THE ROOM" is going to get them to not kick me out.

We don't live in a capitalist dystopia where, if you pay for a good or service, you're free to use it however you want, even to the detriment of others (including other customers and the creators/owners of that good/service). You agreed to the EULA. If you felt you couldn't follow it, then you shouldn't have agreed to it.