What’s with all the ALL-KILL hate?

i don’t get it, we get a killer with 3 great perks, a survivor with good cosmetics and two great perks, and a cool lobby theme. Trickster is good you guys just seriously can’t play him lol. There’s a lot of short loops he can easily hit over that huntress can’t due to hatchet hit box he’s also faster at damaging from long range and can apply pressure to survivors in a short distance. Overall a decent B tier killer idk why everyone’s so mad and acting like this is the worst chapter ever

Comments

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I’ve BEEN playing him all day all it takes is to get used to recoil and which hand is throwing which blade it seems hard at first but it’s honestly not that hard to get used to especially if you like playing snipers in other games.

• kate_best_girl

Because they have different scenarios to use them in. He’s great when it comes to indoor maps and small loops since it’s extremely difficult for survivors to dodge the knives and at loops where death slinger nor huntress’s projectiles can fit over his can. You don’t just go around throwing knives every chance you get like everyone I’ve seen does.

• kate_best_girl

It’s not that I own with him it’s just I took time to understand he isn’t huntress or death slinger.

• kate_best_girl

I agree he could definitely be better but he’s no where near as bad as everyone’s saying he is. He’s a solid mid to low B tier

• kate_best_girl

“Grrr you like chapter I don’t you must be lying!!!!”

• kate_best_girl

Yeah his main event is Niche. I’ve gotten a couple good uses out of it (like multiple people bomb rushing the hook save at once) but it definitely should be buffed more than just adding a way to cancel it

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

we should be able to save it and activate it when we feel like, like Oni.

whenever main event is active I NEVER have a use for it

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Stop ######### blowing up the vocal few as some community consent, it's not.

And if you truly cared you would.look it up instead of making another topic for people to regurgitate the same crap...

Honestly the people on this forum, ######### me

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

I don't doubt you like crap. Just disappointed that you do. You deserve better.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

this community still doesn't know how deathslinger works, you're asking a bit much.

Snark aside:

The issue is the new stuff feels lackluster. A chapter for the sake of jumping a hypetrain and because they have to meet their release schedule. it's another killer lacking polish and a rather bland survivor. there was potential, but it's not really used. every killer takes time to get used to, but in this community people are focused on quick kills, not finesse. Best prediction one can make is : we'll see a lot of freddys and bubbas with trickster's perks, and a few m1 tricksters with M&A. maybe the rare player who does 'understand' him the way you say, but even then it won't be anything new cause people will likely use the same kinda crutch perks we see on Deathslinger and Huntress (assuming they made Iron Maiden work on him)

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

I like his aesthetic, but he's objectively a terrible killer to play. His slowdown is ridiculous on his knife throwing, and by the time you get to the survivor, you might as well just M1 them. His Main Event, half the time I saw the yellow and then didn't do anything with it, because what's there to do when you've already downed the survivor?

He's just objectively a terrible killer, compared to all other killers in this game.

Otherwise, he's great!

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600
  • hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited March 2021

bugs. new bugs. and probably the over nerf to DS.

• kate_best_girl

I agree they definitely need to lessen his slowdown. IMO reducing recoil slightly (because sometimes it can help to adjust aim slightly higher if you use it properly), reducing spread, reducing slowdown on knives, taking away the main event stun, and allowing us to save main event (even if they have to nerf it a bit) would greatly increase his viability however I still think he can perform fairly well on his own.

• kate_best_girl

So because someone is good at a killer you’re not and took time to actually learn tricks with him...you think they’re lying?

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

I understand that.

If or when he gets buffed, I hope to see a lot more of him. He’s almost completely different in terms of aesthetics, design.

• kate_best_girl

And I do agree with a lot of what you said mostly about main event. But I just know that death slinger, huntress, and trickster all are played differently and you shouldn’t play them like each other. Remember when death slinger came out and everyone said the same things about him til they realized not to play him like huntress? It’s the same things for trickster. He does need changes he’s not perfect but he’s decent enough. (I’ll go over more in a bit in a match)

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

we dont have to be a fan of KPop to enjoy the killer. Dont get me wrong, he’s alot of fun. Reality is, he could end chases faster using M1 only in most scenarios. Not very ideal for a 4.4/110% m/s killer.

His perks are decent, yes. But uncreative. They are just buffs of 3 already existing perks: bamboozle, forced penance, remember me.

Once again, it has nothing (at least for me) to do with KPop, although Im not a fan.

• kate_best_girl

The problem is everyone has said this about the past THREE KILLERS now.

• Amatter0314
    Amatter0314 Member Posts: 3

The reason All-Kill is hated?

1: boring uninspired perks on both sides

2: no new map to spice things up

3: The killer is terrible. There are very small situations where he is good. And every other situation he would be decent at all he is outclassed in every possible way by already exciting killers

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited March 2021

Dude everything about this chapter other than Trickster's power is great, but you can't deny that this killer is weak af. He has lots of potential but he's just not strong at the moment. Just because he has 1 other great thing about him doesn't automatically make him a good killer, and just because you're the only person who constantly gets good games with him doesn't make him good to everyone else. His power is WAY too inconsistent. The best you could do with him rn is run Monitor on him due to his 24m terror radius or run a slug or basement build, yet he doesn't even perform those two that well. Smart survivors will just dodge his knives from a long range as well.

Also, there are so many times where my Main Event charges up without me being able to use it. I'll try running Infectious on him sometime but it's still annoying how I have to waste it or get 0 use out of it.

• kate_best_girl

Okay so my continuation. You have to focus on things he can do that huntress and death slinger can’t. For example reloading speed, he doesn’t need to reload as much as the other two and an amazing trickster who can hit his knives is gonna be saving a LOT more time than huntress or death slinger. Be more accurate at a distance; he can deal more damage further away and quicker than huntress or death slinger while it may not be a whole health state it’ll help once chase is actually initiated and does create some what of a panicked state in a lot of survivors from my experience. His projectiles are much harder to dodge especially if you understand what you’re doing with them. For example if you’re a survivor and going against huntress you can duck at a short loop and her hatchet will break or fly over you and death slingers will most likely just hit the wall not you but trickster can make better use of it by hitting the top of your head or your back so basically he nullifies short loops and you can’t just run in circles like a huntress or try and make unpredictable moves since his knives cover the area in front of him not just a straight narrow area. He can pull his knives out quicker as well which may not seem like an amazing thing since he does require multiple to injure someone but at loops huntress or death slinger might struggle at The Trickster can counter simply by landing one knife every few seconds. His hit boxes are also much smaller than huntresses and even death slingers so there’s that as well.

• kate_best_girl

(Forgot to add I do understand the idea behind the meter but I do agree it could use a fix and be less punishing)

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Well killer is garbage, survivor is meh, ez answer

• kate_best_girl

Well I’ve agreed main event is completely terribly in need of serious buffs such as a quicker start time, being able to pocket it, no stun or power restriction afterwards etc etc

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

The perks are great, but no, the killer is bad and it is not people not knowing how to play him. He has a very easy to pick up play technique, there are no secrets really here with him.

• kate_best_girl
    1. Tbf we got all good perks and that is just your opinion at the end of the day on if they’re boring but also when the devs tried to add cool unique perks people did massively complain they either didn’t make sense, were to complicated, or were too weak.
    2. a new map would’ve been great but devs did state we wouldn’t get new maps til all old ones were done with revamps sadly
    3. I just don’t think this is true to the extent everyone thinks it is
  • MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited March 2021

Also to summarize what's wrong with the killer:

He feels like the combination of three killers' weak points without the elements that balance them out

• His wind up is Huntress, without the direct injuries
    • his hitbox is Deathslinger's, without the 'reward' of being able to pull the survivors in and hit them or cause damage even if they break free.
    • the laceration is Plague's, just that it goes down instead of making downing survivors easier, potentially, and providing you with a ranged attack (again potentially)
  • Amatter0314
    Amatter0314 Member Posts: 3

1: All the perks are situational at best and are simply older perks just with a fresh coat of paint. Crowd control is bozzel on a hex. With starstruck it’s like forced penince and will probably only get you one maybe two downs in one game. No way out is the only good perk I would even say is in the bunch and that is still pushing it calling it good.

2: I know this but the claimed to be working on a least a rework for cold wind and many expected it to come out with All-Kill. As you can see no it did not.

3: I believe I do know after playing him for an hour and dreading every moment due to his lackluster at best power. Yes I will not deny he is able to down people fast in some very small situations but yes almost all situation others are superior.

ranged: huntress/slinger

small loops: dude using knifes barley matters small loops are so unsafe a basic attack is enough.

big loops: almost everyone as on large loops he has almost no power even with his boost.

close: plague can injure survivors quicker easier and even leave em broken for you later. And it actally punishes them for removing it.

Say what you want you may have your opinion. You are entitled to it. But the fact still remains that this chapter was overall disappointing

• kate_best_girl

That’s where you’re getting it wrong, playing trickster exactly like huntress and death slinger won’t work

• FaceCampinBuba
    FaceCampinBuba Member Posts: 50

He's fine were he is. Everyone use to talk trash about how bad Bubba was... they reworked him and now look at him..

• kate_best_girl

I think Trickster just needs a few buffs to push him much higher in the tier list tbh

• kate_best_girl

once I can play DBD on PC again bet (I’m in the middle of moving so it’s packed away)

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Please tell me.

What can Trickster do that no other killer could?

• kate_best_girl

What no I’m literally gonna be at my PC tomorrow, I’ll just play Hag to rank back up to red ranks and try and find a good recording program I mean OBS shouldn’t be too hard to use lol

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Trickster's power is good but bad at the same time but everything else in the chapter is good IDK why people hate it lmao