IS IT WORTH BUYING A NEW KILLER (THE TRICKSTER) AFTER THE OFFICIAL COME OUT?

He is so slow :(

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Hard no from me

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited March 2021

After the majority of 'glowing' reviews (😂), I would probably avoid the new killer. I certainly would not spend actual money on him.

Even the sad-acts who cosplayed as him and spent all night streaming themselves struggling to get to grips with the new killer (currently removing all the make-up and hair dye)...I reckon even they would now have some regrets.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

As of now, no. Even though I'm only a day in to playing him, he has nothing going for him when you compare him to Huntress and Slinger. He's got the hard to dodge attacks like Slinger does but he's got the charge up that Huntress has. And ontop of that he has to hit 8 shots, which on some loops you can't even get one.

If anything changes I'll comment again, but as of now he seems like a weak albeit fun killer.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

It isn't.

• ThatOneMartin
    ThatOneMartin Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 4

I did buy him yesterday and played around 10 games. Managed to get at least 3 kills in 8 of them. All in all I think that he is quite decent, however people do not know how to properly counter him yet.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

I wouldn't buy him until he gets a full on rework, but you'll be waiting a while before that ever happens.

• JR000
    JR000 Member Posts: 25

Wait till he's buffed, with how hard the marketing team sold this killer I think they know it'd be a shame to keep him in a garbage state and make their efforts go to waste. Pretty much unanimously agreed he's awful so he'll get a buff.. eventually.. whenever they stop being afraid of buffing weak killers.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I bought the DLC because I am a completionist. I like having the ability to quickly/easily unlock perks for my main killer and survivor. I also have no issues supporting a game that I have spent thousands of hours playing with a $7 purchase every few months. Will I ever play Trickster?? Nope... BUT not because I think he is a "bad" killer - I don't enjoy playing ranged killers.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,581

Nope. Use shards or don't even bother. Weakest killer in the game.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Neither him nor the Twins dlc are worth buying, in fact DON'T buy them, don't support behavior (kekekekekeke) like this, if you want a company to get their act together then you do it by hitting their wallets, works 100% of the time or they go out of business.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Nope. Not even that fun after a while, his recoil makes him insanely frustrating.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I recommend buying a smoothie with that money instead of trickster, you'll get more out of a smoothie than trickster

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

His perks are pretty sweet, but during the next bugfix they'll probably nerf them all.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I used iridescent shards instead don’t spend money

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

No, save your shards

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

No. Also they ruined solo survivor even more by destroying DS. I would advice you to not buy the killer and drop the game altogether lol

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

No unless you are that desprate for his perks

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105

No, I got mine for free and I'm glad for that because the killer himself is so disappointing. I was really excited and optimistic about him at first, but actually playing him was just awful. Just me saying to myself "I could have just M1'd you" over and over again.

Also, you don't know true frustration when a survivor finds a good loop or manages to escape chase and the laceration effect starts to disappear, effectively rendering the time it took you to throw the knives worthless.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Might as well. He's somewhat fun and change is probably already in the works.

Plus, his perks aren't half bad. Crowd Control can help you with early game chases and No Way Out seems like a very nice pressure reliever.