If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Using Gamepad + Mouse Input Destroys the Frame Rate.

Options
azjerrylee
azjerrylee Member Posts: 8

PC, Steam.

Ever since the patch went live, my game has been displaying in 15-20 fps. After all the normal troubleshooting I found it was due to my odd way of playing the game. I use a gamepad in my left hand (The joystick is superior to WASD) and the mouse in my right hand (superior over joystick camera movement)

Using only keyboard and mouse the game runs fine, using only gamepad the game runs fine.

Trying to use both? The game chugs under 20 frames. This only started happing today after the update.

Below is a video showing the issue

I understand this is a specific issue, and definitely shouldn't be a priority over game breaking bugs (Like the Spirit Fury Bug right now) But this issue does make the game difficult for me and my condition.

21 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 551
    Options

Thanks! I have the same Problem.

• Mondhirsch
    Mondhirsch Member Posts: 209
    Options

I have the same problem :(

Left Hand Controller (for the Joystick) + Right Hand Mouse (for the camera) is the only way I like to play this game but with this new Bug it's basically not possible anymore. I can't play DBD anymore till there is a fix :(

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

I have managed to replicate this bug. Simply hold a button on your controller and move your mouse/press a key on your keyboard at the same time.

• Blumenkind
    Blumenkind Member Posts: 12
    Options

Same here. There is another treat describing this issue. We are not alone. I'm using this Controller/Mouse Combination for health reasons. There are not only colorblind people out there, BHVR..., please fix it....

• L124K_PL
    L124K_PL Member Posts: 26
    Options

Same.

I'm using controller that has touchpad, which emulates mouse :(

• azjerrylee
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hopefully there's a fix soon.

This is different than the colorblind issue, that didn't prevent someone from playing the game (just made it more difficult)

This is arguably unplayable.

• Blumenkind
    Options

I dont know is its obviously for everybody. U can change the keybindings in the steamsettings too. For example WASD to the analog stick and LB to LShift. Then u avoid the stuttering, but of course u have less precision in Movement. There is an analogstick-emulator function too, but in my opinion it doesnt work well.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,165
    Options

Im assuming its something to do with the flicker of controls at the bottom of the screen, when you press a button on both at the same time the controls keeps flickering between the two and the game takes a frame or two of all its processing power to switch between control schemes, and you are inputing switching controls schemes in a constant stream.

• Mondhirsch
    Options

Dear Diary,

today I told myself: "Maybe it ain't that bad, give it another try".

But it's really unplayable. I hope so much they'll fix it very soon.

• pjsjongsung
    pjsjongsung Member Posts: 28
    Options

same here

• Mondhirsch
    Options

Hey Guys, I found a method that helps a little bit against the stuttering.

To make sure: this DOESN'T solve the Problem, it just helps to make the game a little bit playable again as Survivor.

It seems that the game gets over the 60 FPS cap since the recent Update (you can see it in the menu on the campfire or in the symbol animations inside the Bloodweb).

So if you have a Nvidia-Graphics Card you can lock the max. FPS-Cap to 60 FPS for DeadByDaylight.exe in Nvidia-Control-Panel.

This helps against like 30% of the stuttering. Playing Survivor is with this method a little bit possible again. Playing Killer is still not.

~ Hope the Devs solve the Controller+Mouse-Bug and the Framerate-Bug soon, so the stuttering ends completely ~

• Mondhirsch
    Options

Hey Guys, I found a method that helps a little bit against the stuttering.

To make sure: this DOESN'T solve the Problem, it just helps to make the game a little bit playable again as Survivor.

It seems that the game gets over the 60 FPS cap since the recent Update (you can see it in the menu on the campfire or in the symbol animations inside the Bloodweb).

So if you have a Nvidia-Graphics Card you can lock the max. FPS-Cap to 60 FPS for DeadByDaylight.exe in Nvidia-Control-Panel.

This helps against like 30% of the stuttering. Playing Survivor is with this method a little bit possible again. Playing Killer is still not.

~ Hope the Devs solve the Controller+Mouse-Bug and the Framerate-Bug soon, so the stuttering ends completely ~

• DevonC97
    DevonC97 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Yeah I am having the same problem. I also play with controller (for movement) and mouse (for camera) and let me tell you: Killer is so unplayable for me right now because of the intense FPS drops. I miss like 80% of my swings because of the constant stuttering. I really miss if a survivor tries to 360 me. Let's not even talk about that. I miss all the time because of the frame drops and it's soo annoying. Won't be playing DBD again until this is fixed.

• Mondhirsch
    Options

They haven't mentioned it in today's Patchnotes, great :/

• Blumenkind
    edited April 2021
    Options

If we wait until the devs have found a solution, DBD VR will have been released also ;-) So i tried to solve the Issue by myself.

Im emulating my right Stick with my mouse now. ^^

U can bind this with the tool reWASD. There are other free tools, which are promise to doing the same, but i couldnt get it working. So i came back to this "pay-app".

reWASD has a two weeks trialtime, so u can figure out if it works for you...

Post edited by Blumenkind on
  • Mondhirsch
    Options

You emulate your right Joystick (the one with the Camera) with your Mouse? How do you mean with that? Cause I always used the Mouse for Camera and the Left Joystick for walking (till this Bug existed). :)

How do you walk with your Setup?

My temporary Solution solving a little bit this Issue is playing with the Steam-Controller in Left Hand, cause you can remap the Joystick to WASD of this Gamepad in Steam-Big-Picture-Mode for free. But of course this isn't solving the Issue completely cause you still can only run in 8 Directions by emulation WASD instead of full 360 degrees which you could do without this Bug.

• Mondhirsch
    Options

@Blumenkind ahhhh now I understand what you mean! So you walk with your normal Joystick and remapped your Mouse, thats clever! :)

Sounds way better than remapping a Joystick to WASD. Can you still aim normal with Flashlights with this method? I wanted to try REWASD earlier but always got an Trojan-Virus-Warning from Kaspersky.

• DevonC97
    Options

What does remapping your mouse mean? Does that mean it will all become one input with your controller instead of the 2 different inputs fighting over one another like it's doing in the game right now?

• Mondhirsch
    Options

@DevonC97 I think so, cause it also works the other way (you can remap a Gamepad too that the Game thinks it's a Keyboard).

• Mondhirsch
    Options

The recent Patchnote 4.7.0 says it's fixed, but sadly it's still bugged.

• PinkP4ndi
    PinkP4ndi Member Posts: 25
    Options

How you configure it with this program?

I try to remap the right stick in joystick so this work like a mouse movement but in game the issue persist couse it detect the mouse movement anyway and the lost FPS continues.

I have up to now mapped the joystick movement to the WASD keys with another simple program, but the result of this is a rough movement.

• Toff
    Toff Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2021
    Options

I confirm this issue is NOT fixed in 4.7.1 as well. Trying to use mouse as the right stick with Steam Controller results in massive frame drops. Strangely it may work fine in the tutorial, but not in the actual game.

• PinkP4ndi
    Options

I was waiting for the update in the hope that they fix it and I find that everything remains the same. Disappointing

• azjerrylee
    edited May 2021
    Options

I have found a solution that is now my preferred method by far. I don't need this bug fixed anymore.

1: Download JoytoKey (I included it in the zip, but you can go to the site https://joytokey.net/en/download

2: Open the config file (Open With - Choose Another App - Select the JoyToKey.exe in the folder)

3: You can use any controller that's not Xinput (the game detects x-input now so it'll just cause this bug again)

Which means no Xbox controllers, everything else goes as long as it's a standard gamepad or directinput gamepad.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

Just came back after 6 weeks away... and gutted to see this hasn't been fixed.

Even more embarrassing is that BHVR apparently attempted a fix... but God only knows how they tested this being as this is ridiculously easy to reproduce and surely they could have seen their attempt did not work. Shameful... to take something that was already working, and then break it and leave it.

• PinkP4ndi
    Options

That's not a definite solution, it's the same with the app Xpadder, you can mapping your keys with joystick pero just can get a movement in 8 diferent directions and no a 360° like a joystick. Yes it can help you a little bit to play decently, but you won't get the same move as before.

• marcocordon
    marcocordon Member Posts: 40
    Options

I'm facing the same issues. It has to be fixed as soon as possible :(

• azjerrylee
    Options

Apparently I've been banned for breaching the EULA. Excellent support, thanks BHVR.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

Still isn't fixed in the most recent update (with the 2nd attempt at a fix)...

• Toff
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm starting to think that maybe the "issue that could affect performance if a gamepad is plugged into a PC" they keep fixing is a different one.

• zomp
    zomp Member Posts: 18
    Options

Did you get banned for using JoyToKey in-game or for posting it here?

• zomp
    Options

Is this really still not fixed yet?

• zomp
    Options

@MandyTalk Is using JoyToKey an approved application for use with Dead By Daylight? I'd like to play, but this issue prevents me from doing so.

• marcocordon
    Options

It is still bugged, even after 4.7.1 or 4.7.2 bug fix patchs :(

• PinkP4ndi
    Options

Something new?

• PinkP4ndi
    Options

Maybe we have a fix for this bug in the next update?

• Toff
    Options

Still broken in 5.0.0.

• PinkP4ndi
    Options

Still broken in 5.0.1

LOOOL isn't this funny?

I wonder if we will be playing DBD next year? xD

• Ryuk_01
    Ryuk_01 Member Posts: 10
    Options

We should put everything that we discover in this regard here and also send messages to support telling all that info.

What I have found:

Apparently they have tried to solve it but only halfway, let me explain: the FPS drop only occurs when moving the joystick 180º forward+mouse, when moving backwards that drop in FPS no longer occurs. If they have been able to solve half, I think it would not be very difficult to solve the problem completely and make us have a very good 5 anniversary.

Any of you have news?

• marcocordon
    Options

Still broken in 5.0.2!!! BHVR, Aren't you ashamed of yourself ?

• Ryuk_01
    Options

Not solved in PTB 5.1 :(

• PinkP4ndi
    Options

Has anyone checked if it has been fixed in the new update?

• nomads
    nomads Member Posts: 1
    Options

Yes it is finally fixed.

• Ryuk_01
    Options

No, framerate was a little bit increased but definetly not fixed

• DevonC97
    Options

The frame rate is better but it is still not fixed all the way. There's still significant FPS drops...

• PinkP4ndi
    edited August 2021
    Options

Patch 5.1.1

They ######### it up again! I can´t believe it...

clearly the error is in The Trickster, because every time they touch him it fixes or breaks