Please, stop complaining about "camping" or tunneling in end-game chats

Yes, I know, another thread about camping and tunnelling blah blah blah.

I've been playing this game for some years but I'm STILL surprised that people keep complaining about these issues.

I perfectly know that It can be boring having to "counterplay" these type of strategies but honestly, do you think for real that people is going to adapt their play style or the way they act during their games just because you just spit nonsense in the end-game chats?

The answer is simply: no. No amount of hate/######### talk is going to change the way a person plays, and that's the reality.

Of course that I hate a lot of ######### survivors do and of course I've complained before about it! I've been there. But I learned that at the end of the day, It's useless to go against the tide.

If I decide for some reason that I want to be toxic towards 1 survivor during a game for whatever reason I come up to during the game, do you REALLY think my behaviour will change just because you insult me? Of course, not.

Comments

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Yeaaaah so by your logic its like punching someone in the face in the street for no reasons and then being mad they sue you ?

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

In-game """toxicity""" is perfectly fine for either side to use as you are just using strategies that are valid and allowed within the game.

If the creators of the game don't want these strategies to be in the game, they can just change the way this game works in order for them to disappear.

Camping and tunnelling are actually valid strategies that can turn the tide of what could look like a "lost match".

Not because they are viable strategies, but because they are psychological strategies. The fact that you camp and tunnel usually tilts people and when they are nervous/mad etc they'll start playing poorly, which benefits you in the end.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Some people tunnel and camp specifically to draw out this angry reaction.

• sad_killer_main
    edited April 2021

That's me. I use camping and tunnelling as a tool.

It's not toxic whatsoever, because we do not call toxic gen patrolling, and that's another strategy in order to win the match as killer.

Instead of just spitting random insults in end chat, they should have been level-headed and use the brain to counter my strategy during the game.

Probably, by doing so, they would not have spit random insults in end chat.

EDIT: Obvious but worth mentioning that I do not use these strategies in all of my games, because they are not always viable. You just want to use them a little bit and ONLY WHEN you really need it.

Contrary to popular belief, using camping/tunnelling effectively is a complicated thing to do.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Which poisons the entire experience for everyone, hence the term "toxic."

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

OP gets it.

Just let it go and play as cold and ruthless as you want to yourself

If you find you still can't deal with it, find another game.

Hell, that's what I do. If I'm not in the mood for the things DBD throws at me, then I just don't play and find something else.

Never make a game your only game or your life. That's a sure way to make yourself miserable with it.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I mean if you camp, don't be surprised you get called a camper. Nobody thinks it'll change the way you play. It's just their only way to lash out at a pretty crappy thing to do. Aside from going further and being more toxic than that. "Camper" is pretty mild compared to some of the insults they could use.

• FrenziedRoach

It is NOT a crappy thing to do, it's playing your objective. FFS people - this kind of talk isn't helping.

It's not always the most tactically viable thing to do most of the time, but there are some times when a killer's best move is to camp. So attaching some sort of meaning like "Crappy" isn't helpful.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Stop being unintelligent pls

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I try not to camp and tunnel just out of niceness. Unless it’s getting close to endgame and I’m falling behind as killer. I just want to show respect to survivors and expect respect in return. If you start tbagging me and clicking your flashlight at me, sure you can call it a valid strategy but then that respect and niceness goes out the window. Heck, as long as everyone plays fair and nice I’ll even usually give the last person the hatch if I dominate. I just see no reason to ruin the experience for others just for my sake. We already have a problem with low Killer player count and high SWF counts. We don’t need anymore toxicity than we have.

• sad_killer_main

Why am I being so unintelligent stating objective facts?

Please, elaborate.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Well first of all a fact is always objective...so there is that...

• sad_killer_main

"Objective" can be used as an adjective, and adjectives describe nouns.

In this case, "objective" was used as a way to emphasize due to that "repetition" of meanings.

And repetitions in order to emphasize are a really common thing in languages to use, also in poems.

So, what you said it's nonsense.

Next?

• FrenziedRoach
    edited April 2021

You're technically correct, but I'd call it more of a calculated gamble/risk in your case. You're gambling they aren't going to just ruin you even worse by just doing the gens.

What I was referring to is specific situations where the risk of losing momentum is higher if you leave the area. For example, you hook somebody, but some pea-brain decides to try and borrowed time unhook in your face but you manage to grab them, then drop them. You turn and find a 3rd person nearby expecting to take the trade but you didn't. You now have one on the ground, one on the hook, and another in sight... you literally have no reason not to guard the hook and the person on the ground now

Or all the gens are done and you just hooked somebody. In that situation, you literally have no gens to pressure now. You can try to guard two spread out exit gates, or you can guard the hook. Hook is usually the safer bet.

Or my personal favorite, you hook somebody, and find some jake SIXTEEN METERS AWAY AT A PALLET TEA-BAGGING. That Jake called me a camper because I wouldn't take his bait and take a pallet in the face.... freakin' simpletons....

Frankly, survivors need to understand that if they want a killer to leave a hook, they need to give them a reason. Do a gen near the hook and pressure them to shoo you away, risk your skin and take a hit, don't rush the hook and finish the gens you are on.... ect.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

First of all end game chat can be disabled if all you get is insults.

And second you want people to get mad by using certain strategies and then expect them to be "levelheaded" once the trial ends? You expect a little too much from a human being there. And only because you yourself keep level headed during such strategies from opposition against you doesn't mean everybody else can/should.

• sad_killer_main
    edited April 2021

And second you want people to get mad by using certain strategies and then expect them to be "levelheaded" once the trial ends? You expect a little too much from a human being there. And only because you yourself keep level headed during such strategies from opposition against you doesn't mean everybody else can/should.

That's the whole point of improving in DbD. The better you are at the game, the more level-headed you become.

They should try to keep their cool if they ever want to get any better at this game, since it requires fast decisions in difficult situations.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Yeah about being better at the game..... You know that ranks atm are just time investment per month and have nothing to do with skill? Since the ruin rework anybody can reach red rank with dedication. I even read some people managed red on survivor side in two months since their start of playing any dbd (don't know record times for killer).

And this ability with staying levelheaded isn't even honed by getting better in dbd but a character trait developed in real life. It's a balance of.emtional vs rational thinking and is largely outside of the skill in dbd or any other game and relates more to the personality of a player.

• FrenziedRoach

This is 100% correct. "Getting Better" just means you end up in your failure state in game a lot less.

But having a level head is a trait that has nothing to do with the game itself.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I wish this game would has block system for not playing together. I would block people like you. You are not tunnellng for tactic, you just wanna being toxic. And i hate people like you. You can't bully people in the game.

• sad_killer_main
    edited April 2021

I'm specifically saying that I use tunnelling and camping with a reason, and strategically.

So basically all that you have said makes little to no sense at all.

You should start seeing DbD as a strategy game (because that's what It is), grow up, and learn to use your tools.

If you do play survivor, learn to counter every strategy they use against you (because yes, there's always a counter).

• LynnMoon
    LynnMoon Member Posts: 8

I had a game the other day. I was still learning Trickster. Only had maybe two perks at the time still. Game starts and I run straight into someone, when I hook them I turn around and two others were RIGHT there. So I chase after one, and the person gets pulled off hook. No biggie. The map was one of the in-door maps (sorry bad at map names lol).

So using my knives was a little hard at times and eventually I break chase to get them off gens. I run into the person I had hooked, get them again and hook them in the basement this time. Before I could even get far someone has booked it down to them and unhooked them. I turn around and go back and chase the person that unhooked. (having Tricksters perk, I wanna hook them all at least once)

As I'm chasing them they lead me straight to the person on death hook. That person darts in front of me and gets hit. Sighing I just hook them and move on. It's down to a 3v1 but they're now at 1 gen. (one of them I never even saw) While they only had 1 gen, they 3 gened themselves. So I go between the three gens, chasing them off of them. But not giving chase after any of them.

Eventually they get a gen down and leave. I only got the 1 person killed that match. At end game two of them started bitching at me for tunneling. I was so confused cause I didn't feel like I tunneled. As I talk with them (no bad words from me or them) they eventually say I was tunneling the purple rank. (which was one of them, that got out) The whole time I thought they meant the red rank (who was the only one I had killed). To a degree I could get why they'd of thought I tunneled the red rank, even though I didn't still....But they were talking about one of them. I never tunneled them...and they all got out..like what? I don't get it.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

So by your logic. Killers shouldn't complain about Survivors teabagging and gen rushing im the end chat because these are also valid strategies right?

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Survivor: "Nice tunneling, #########"

Me: Nice doing generators efficiently.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Mate I get chats like that all the time 😂 killer: "yeah nice gen rushing, top skill"

Me: " good one mate "

Killer: * No reply back*

Seriously dude, how else we supposed to get out? Climb a wall? 🙄

We all have objectives, survivors main one is to get the sodding hell out of there before we get our arses hooked.

Killers main one, crack on and find your prey.

Both sides objective... stop complaining, play the game and have fun. Too many people getting salty and crying their eyes out peeing their pants because they've lost.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Some people just get angry for no reason. Doesn't matter if they win or lose. Makes you really wonder what's going on.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Don't get mad when someone runs you around for 5 gens it's a strategy

• Tillablerhino44
    Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

Kill 2 farm with two kill after max everything I kill them fast if you re the first one on the hook you better get good quick cause your dead.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Survivors are ALWAYS going to accuse you of one or the other, it's part of their strategy to win without playing well.

The solution is to earn it, they're going to accuse you, don't argue, earn their tears.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

The killer can only ever attempt to mitigate the pace of the game set by the survivors. If generators are too fast, tunneling/camping may be used. If the game is relatively normal and gens aren't flying, they may play more chill and give everyone 2 - 3 hooks each.

Point is, if the game goes too fast, then everyone wastes their time, but especially the killer. In order to get the points they need and keep the survivors in the match longer, they may resort to greasy tactics. Sometimes, even this isn't enough. You get the gameplay you enforce about 90% of the time on the survivor side.

That said, this kind of generator efficiency rarely happens in solo queue.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

if you tunnel off the hook/facecamp survivors you deserve every single insult they give you. it may a strategy, but just what kind of strategy is that? and no, theres no counter to tunneling cuz youre just going to eventually use up all the good pallets and then get struck by noed. same goes for camping. no amount of skill can help you in these situations

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,358

I got called a scumbag last night for playing a meme build since I'm trying to get the multi-tasker achievement.

They were also a streamer so when I went to check out their stream at the end of game the first thing I heard was their buddy saying how I'm the kind of player who must have no friends in real life. I went back through the vod of the game and at one point they were even talking about reporting me for exploiting (exploiting what idk).

It's honestly insane how toxic survivors act towards another person just because they are losing the game.

• FrenziedRoach

Those are the very people I'm preaching too when I say "dude, just fine another game already, you're obviously miserable in this one"

If people want a chill game, they need to find a game they can be chill in.

There are tons of games on the market now, many of them less than full price - people need to take advantage of that and find something they aren't going to be constantly angry in.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

Why the bad word would anyone want to talk to other gamers? Turn the chat off.

• sad_killer_main

The problem doesn't root in the fact of having the chat turned on/off...It roots in how people misuse the chat.