Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Trickster feedback

BMO
BMO Member Posts: 1
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Just for the sake of clarity im not doing this to bash the devs for this killer since ive seen alot of people getting mad at them for how trickster launched and this is not what i want to do here im just doing this since i enjoy thinking of my ideal changes.

So these are my thoughts after around 15 games at rank 1 i could be missing a very indepth strat not yet found but i dont feel like i am. For this im going to seperate into the problems and my ideas for fixes to them

PROBLEMS:

Tied worst map pressure in the game, Power is weak at tall wall structures, Main event is worse than not using it at all, laceration forces you into chasing 1 person

Now for a more indepth explanation of each of these starting with the map pressure.

MAP PRESSURE:

This is caused by being 110% with a power that lacks damage at range and needing to recharge at lockers and when aiming knives you go <100% speed and finally when rapid throwing knives you slow to a near halt

POWER AT TALL WALLS:

This is self explanitory you need to hit 8 knives but when you cant see them you cant hit them meaning the best you can hope for is 2-3 knives if you predict a pallet drop but...

LACERATION:

This makes it so when they make it to the above mentioned tall walls the laceration starts to reset making all the work you did at a good loop worthless but if you leave you also dont have any laceration progress on anyone else so its a bad situation to be in

MAIN EVENT:

This slows you to <100% forces knive throws so you cant effectivly moon walk and you cant save it like oni's power to use when its a good situation meaning 99% of the time you just let the power you spend 2m getting run out

MY FIXES:

As you can probally tell there are alot of problems with trickster but i genuinly feel like this isnt a case of a full rework but a numbers tweak that requires significantly less resources to do. So i will now go back over the points made and add my ideas to each of them

MAP PRESSURE:

Base movement speed 110% --> 115% *(Not sure on this yet)

Knive Aiming movment speed <100% --> 100%

My idea here is to make him more inline with a killer such as plague with him being baseline able to keep the pressure on in chase and his ability to cross the map and ontop of this make his ability to aim knives without losing distance

POWER AT TALL WALLS AND LACERATION

Laceration can no longer fall below 4 knives worth of damage or 50%

Laceration does not decrease when sprinting

The Trickster can now see each survivors laceration meter

This makes it so that survivors can decrease their laceration but only if they stop to walk so there is a decision that has to be made keep making distance or try to break Line of sight and recover some laceration but limiting it so that they can only recover some amount so that tall walls are less annoying

MAIN EVENT:

Movement speed <100% --> 115% (Regardless of base being 110% or 115%)

Auto Throw knives Off

There is no timer on when to use main event

This is my final set of changes to his kit i feel strongly that his main event should be this power strong enough to be truly feared not the current very situational power that has the same flaws as his normal knive throws

If you managed to get past my wall of text thanks for giving me the time to explain my idea's and if you have another idea for what should happen to trickster i'd like to see them in the comments to see what the general thoughts on him are so far