Feedback on my idea for survivor passives

TumbleElf
TumbleElf Member Posts: 48
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

There was another post about this a couple days ago, but I wanted to evaluate on it.

I wrote out passives for each survivor and wanted to know if this would actually work in the game. This would be the equivalent of killer powers but for survivors, and could bring more people to playing the less popular (ugly) survivors ;)

the passives were meant to synergies with their teachables and work with their lore/backstory

here are my ideas:

Survivor: Name of passive: effect of passive

Meg: Athlete: While not exhausted, walk 3% faster.

Dwight: hard worker: after working on a generator for 30 seconds, great skill check success zones are increased by 20% for that generator.

Claudette: Helping Hand: always see the aura of healing survivors, and increase healing speed by 5% in cooperative healing actions

Jake: nature’s blessing: after alerting 2 crows, the next crow will not be alerted and all other survivors will be revealed to you for 3 seconds.

Nea: On the run: whenever the killer gains a level of bloodlust, gain an extra 5% speed boost for 1.5 seconds

david: reckless: gain an extra 5% speed boost after being hit for 3 seconds

bill: commander: after reuniting with a survivor, that survivor gains 5% repairing, vaulting, and healing bonus for 30 seconds. This can only be activated once per survivor.

Ace: Risky and courageous: after unhooking a survivor gain 1% stackable luck for all survivors up to a total of 6%

Feng: in the zone: after 5 minutes of not being hooked, gain 10% repair speed bonus for the rest of the trial

laurie: let go: after being hooked twice gain 5% vault speed bonus for the rest of the trial

quentin: FOCUS: after not being chased for 30 seconds, reveal the closest generator for 3 seconds.

tapp: intel: when a survivor gets chased, reveal the killers character to you (tells you which killer it is).

Kate: By the campfire: while doing a cooperative action, reveal your aura to all other survivors.

adam: philosophy: after a survivor takes a protection hit gain a stackable 2% bonus to healing speed up to a total of 20%.

Jeff: rock and roll: while in a chase all other survivors repair 3% faster

jane: on air: for 12 seconds at the start of the trial, all survivors can see your aura

ash: saviour: after unhooking a survivor, that survivor moves 7% faster for 2 seconds

steve: let’s go: after escaping the trial all other survivors move 2% faster and vault 5% faster (only 1 Steve at a time)

nancy: Be Strong: when a survivor dies, gain a stackable 1% movement speed and vault speed increase

yui: drive on: after repairing the equivalent of 1 full generator, gain a 10% increase to unhooking and healing speed

zarina: Fascinated: when you discover a new portion of the map, see the aura of the closest generator for 10 seconds.

cheryl: dark past: after being unhooked see the aura of the killer for 1 second

felix: architect: always see the aura of all pallets and vault locations in the main building. If the map doesn’t have a main building then always see the aura of the closest pallet or vault location. This will deactivate if you vault or drop a pallet in a chase, and reactivate when you leave the chase.

elodie: strange new world: for 6 seconds at the start of a trial see the auras of chess, generator, and 1 dull totem for 3 seconds.

yun-Jin lee: musical: hear generators for an additional 8 metres

thanks for reading :)

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

This would just lead to Players playing the same survivor over and over since they have the best passive

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

you put a lot of effort into this, but the answer is just no, it would wreak hell on what little balance there is and just mean players will quickly zero in one what passive is the best and you will only see that survivor.

Define your own survivor by what perks you run, that will give them their identity.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited April 2021

I like a lot of these ideas aside from neas and fengs. Neas, bloodlust is supposed to help a killer catch up to a survivor in loops with extremly obnoxious issues of which there are still many. Making nea gain a rather large amount of speed against the mechanic is absurd. I would suggest reduced fall stun duration.

Fengs might need something less feast or famine since 10% repair progress is too strong but not getting it will feel awful.

Other then feng and nea's i like a large majority of these passives there not game changers but open up making more exciting build options and I'm a big advocate fir adding more depth for options of survivors.

• papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271

I love this and think that with lots of effort and nerfs this would be great. If anything just make perks for them like hexes for survivors:

Passive: Athelete

Meg Thomas

yadda yadda yadda 5% speed thingy

See?

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited April 2021

me and my buddys will be playing jeff the best passive on that list.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

As cool as it is, it would create survivor passives meta and reduce diversity of survivors as some would be just stronger than others. I wish this could work but it just can't.

Also something like 5% vaulting speed in any form is extremely strong and would be more than worth a perk slot. At that point, it's just passive really strong perk compared to someting as useless as 6% of bonus luck which might as well not exist.

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488

I feel like a few of them would need to be slightly nerfed (a little too strong ) but the ideaa itself is really nice

BUT its only fair if the killers have something like it too because otherwise itd just be a big flat buff to survivors and you know how much we like to complain about one side getting too much attention (lol jokes but seriously maybe an earnable passive for each killer? you have good ideas so Id like to know what you think of)

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I've always thought their should be a reason for players to play one survivor over another and my thought was a boost in their teachable perks.

Take Feng for example: If someone was running ALERT as Feng then at tier 3 the perk would give an extra second of aura reading. LITHE Tier 3 would have like 1/2 a second boost to LITHE speed duration. TECHNICIAN Tier 3 would only be an extra 1.5-2%% regression penalty.

This passive would be small and only apply if you are playing the actual character who the perk belongs to and it is tier 3.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I’ve always liked the idea of Survivor Passives. A lot of people will tell you it’ll create a “meta” of which Survivor to use, but I think the majority of people will still play who they want regardless of passives so it could be fine

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

If the passives could be teachables and switched around it would be fine as an idea.