D-Strike is Atrocious

2»

Comments

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

Played survivor and never used DS since it always felt cheap and I been doing fine.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 646

And flick their flashlights a bajillion times making that clicking sound.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

If you ran him for 4 gens that means no other teammates were hooked. Teammates not bringing borrowed time isn't the killers fault that's on your teammates. Not using DS is saying that you don't care about being re-hooked after coming off the hook(because the core function of DS hasn't changed). Saying its trash now is sayin that you abused it for free escapes.

• Hektic3000

That's like telling killers not to run perks to slow down gens. "Tunneling" doesn't exist its just something survivors made up to shift blame from themselves or teammates and onto the killer.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 646
    edited April 2021

I fought people using DS last night. It doesn’t allow a single person to do whatever they want for 60 seconds anymore. It’s still good for Anti-Slug and whenever a survivor decided to perform a risky save and failed. If the killer knocks you back down off the hook you can lie down for 60 seconds until someone else picks you up. The killers won’t think players run DS anymore. So often times they’ll pick you up right away. Meaning if the killer got DSed then and there they still wasted plenty of their time. It now takes a bit more effort and teamwork to make DS waste the killers time. DS is much like Head On where it’s now a niche, and in the right hands/team it is valuable. A team of people with it has still stolen my time.

The people that are whining know that they can’t unhooked then do a gen, DH, and flick their flashlights knowing they can’t get picked up by the killer for a whole minute. Lmso

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I am not blaming killer for that. He used one of the killer tactic. He lost game and wanted one kill. I did not say killer was wrong, did i?

Problem is DS is not useful anymore. If i would have DS on that match, yes it would save me. But problem is most of matches DS is useless now. So most of matches i will waste my perk slot. For that DS is not problem for tunnelling. And it never was anti-tunnel perk. It is weaker now, thats all

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Sorry if you were unlucky in your games.

Frankly, though, that Trapper match sounds exactly where DS would have been clutch. If you were rescued during EGC while a gate was open, even if the rescuer didn't have BT, that would have likely gotten you an escape. Killer downs you off hook, you hit DS when they pick you up, then run out -- at least in my experiences, that's how that scenario plays out nearly every time with very few exceptions.

Using DS to escape during EGC is one of the strongest uses of the perk there is. In many instances, hitting the skill check is almost a guaranteed escape for someone in that position. Unless you're a mile from the doors and/or have terrible teammates (the former is bad luck, and the latter is a teammate problem, not a perk problem), then DS is game-changing in that situation. I've gotten numerous escapes in that situation that frankly, I probably shouldn't have gotten and didn't deserve.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,395

DS should never be a perk you can reliably get value from. The fact old DS was a perk you considered was useful in most matches before really shows how broken the perk was.

• Northener1907

And now that shows how weak that perk. They wanted make it anti-tunnel. Problem is DS was never anti-tunnel perk. So they just turned it to useless perk, Z-Tier Perk. If you wanna make it really anti-tunnel, it has to be more scary for killers. I mean longer stun or 5 seconds stun + blind effects bla bla bla. They need little buff it for balance. Because game is already bad for solo-q, why we have to do this worse

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

DS still works, if you can't win the chase after the stun that's on you not the perk

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

DS is trash now. Half of my matches I don't see it, and in 1-2 weeks you'll see it less than MoM

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Why shouldn't it?

It's a viable strategy, just like slamming gens.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

@valvarez4

Still has the same function. If no one runs it, so what, just shows people used it for benefits other then to stun & escape. If someone wants more a more beneficial effect throughout the match, chose another perk instead.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

DS originally was never an anti-tunneling perk... the devs needed a reason to justify it's nerf and that's the optics they chose to spin.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Well a swf with all having DS isn't fun for the killer either but now DS is true anti tunnel meaning that if the killer goes after you after being unhook and they knock you down you'll still have that DS. The main problem with DS was that survivors hopped on gens while injured and got a good chunk out of it before being knocked down or insta rescuing a hooked survivor because they have DS. DS was bad for killers who played fair. I'm glad they changed now my ques for survivor are faster.

• Hektic3000

How are you to say it was never anti-tunnel? It literally lets you escape from going back onto the hook once you get off and let you have the ability to do so for a minute.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

You didn't need to be hooked to use DS back in the day.

• Hektic3000

Which didn't make much sense, what do you need to be protected for?

• pennythewise
    pennythewise Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2021

How? The Perk still does its job as an anti tunneling perk and it didn’t lose its functionality.....

if the killer is slugging u always in a match well then put unbreakable? Ds and unbreakable is a great anti tunneling combo ?

I dont get it , its still an anti tunneling perk, just say u like to abuse it infront of the killers face.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@MandyTalk

Unfortunately because of the RNG in every match, it is not possible to predict on whether you will need D-strike or not. It all depends on the killer because tunneling is possible in every single match.

For me, I've had matches where I have certainly needed it because the killer wanted to tunnel at the start of the match. Fortunately I have a lot of game knowledge where I could use other means to try and avoid it. I can't even imagine those new people who haven't even gotten around to purchasing Laurie, and how they must feel being new and getting tunneled out of the game, simply because nothing has been done to deter it aside from a perk.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

If the killer decides to tunnel you, it will still work.

So...#########?

• DivineZak
    DivineZak Member Posts: 14

No because even if you are being tunneled he will just slug you anyway.

• DivineZak
    DivineZak Member Posts: 14

No because even with this new change I still get slugged while being tunneled so what's the point in this perk.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Dude, you said it yourself. "If you get tunnel out of the hook *and run the killer for more than 60 sec* and get down you still get hooked."

You kept the killer away from your teammates for a full minute+, leaving them free to do gens/heal/progress towards escape. That's adding real value to your team!

Yeah, you can still get hooked after that but if you've run him for longer than a minute that's a definitely contribution. Be happy! The purpose of DS is not "If you've ever been hooked the killer doesn't get to down you anymore" its "If the killer downs you within 60 seconds of unhooking you shiv him, get away and run them for even longer".

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

It's still good for the egc camping killers. That's about it for now. Someday they might start tunneling more when their years of fear of ds wear off, but for now they mostly assume you have it and slug.

• You’re confusing “easy” with “fair”.

Survivor perks have been made so braindead and overpowered that they can be abused just like DS was.

DS still stops a killer from quickly tunneling a survivor out of the game with ease. It still gives you 60 seconds of protection. Except now you can’t sit on a generator in front of the killer looking all smug knowing that with your Unbreakable/DS combo there’s nothing this killer can do to stop you. You can’t sit there and progress the game with conplete immunity.

• There’s the irony DS would have saved you there but you didn’t take it. Also being a teamplayer IS taking DS. You’re creating an obsession if there isn’t one, and you’re making sure that the killer can’t try to tunnel you out quickly without penalty because a 3 vs 1 early on really hurts the team.

I still take the perk everygame.

• therealcroissant
    therealcroissant Member Posts: 20

Well, in my opinion, it was the right decision to change the d-strike this way. Ppl were abusing the perk constantly. And from anti-tunnel perk it tipped over into the part of the bully build.

Although, d-strike should no longer indicate the obsession. If there's no obsession in the game, killer gets too much information. It should be unexpected, then it makes sense.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

Yeah don't run DS so there is no obsession. Good. thatll stop the killers from tunneling/slugging. "No one runs DS anymore" Lmao. It is still VERY strong and is still ran almost every single game.

• Northener1907

It is useless for me. It was works for me on end games but if i save my teammate in end game DS will go. So i dont need it anymore. I have better perks for use. Thank you

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited April 2021

Only reason killers are having a "field day" right now is because people have overeacted and stopped running DS. I guarantee that most of us will not pick you up right away if we still see an obsession in play - just sayin'.

In only 1 game out the past 2 days I've played killer, I've lliterally only had 1 game were the nerf actually affected the survivor I took down. Cheeky little Claudette that just got unhooked and I got led back to by her rescuer sitting there doing a gen injured. I see somebody on a gen, I don't even need to check of as obsession at that point, I know they're fair game now.

Damn straight I hit that. I put it on a hook too. Thanks rescuer for being such a great teammate!

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

DS works exactly as it did before in so far as dealing with tunneling. These various threads and posts are nonsensical. The only reason Killers are having a "field day" as you put it is because a bunch of Survivors threw a hissy fit and stopped running DS. If the Killer sees no Obsession, they know there is no DS. Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Run DS again, so there is an Obsession, and Killers will assume it is there and play accordingly.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

true but after the nerf to ds there a lot more tunnelers now then before now that some took ds out

also true killers will tunnel no matter what ds does not stop them either.

• Moundshroud

Another reason there SEEM to be more Tunneling now, and I don't necessarily agree, is the days are long gone when people were actively taking protection hits, doing shoulder saves, and regular hook sabotage. I remember a time when the Killer had to fight to get that prey to the hook. The change isn't in the Killers; it is the Survivors and how THEY play that has altered.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

If only did it help against tunneling. Most killers don't facecamp at red rank, but they tunnel. Healing and killer downing you without a perk means it really isn't a perk at all. It punishes for playing the game.

• Moundshroud

Again, it does the SAME thing in so far as tunneling as it did before. Your argument doesn't hold water if you don't say it was exactly the same BEFORE this update. :) If you feel it punishes you, don't take it; problem solved! Seriously, if you guys spent half as much energy on playing the game and practicing as you do bellyaching over here, you wouldn't have ANY of the problems you talk about.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

well i'll agree to disagree and move on :) bye "sugar"

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

1,000th DS is bad-post with no evidence since the All-Kill update.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

When I use ds now I think about my current situation. Is it more beneficial for my gameplay to deactivate ds and go on this gen? Or is the killer close and it might just be better to hide and see if they go after me? If I believe it'll be more beneficial to go on the gen or cleanse the totem or heal up and go for the save then I know I'm not getting tunneled. Otherwise I keep ds activated. I make this decision within 10 seconds of ds activating because seeing how ds is supposed to be used you'd know within 10 seconds if you ACTUALLY need ds.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

DS could use further tuning as you can open exit gates without it not deactivating. It is still extremely good perk as hitting one will often make the killer not tunnel anyone else.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, to me ds was a waste of a perk slot before, because tunneling in my games where not that common as other people seem to have experienced.

Now, however, tunneling is in the rise. Now it might become worth a slot.