Should old tinkerer be back?

Adidi
Adidi Member Posts: 44

I really loved old tinkered. It made some addons (mostly charge times) better (Super nice on Billy, Leatherface, Huntress and Myers). I don't think it was overpowered, especially that killer sacrificed perk slot for this effect and it did only worked once - If killer put two addons affecting one specific thing, tinkerer applied only once and not to both of addons so it was better to equip addons for two different things.

I liked it, but I also like new tinkerer, it's pretty interesting perk for gen control and stealth.

Should old tinkerer be back? 43 votes

Yes, it was fun and balanced perk
2%
[Deleted User] 1 vote
No, it made some killer broken while not having effects on others
83%
White_OwlGibberishSeiko300WoodywoolTapeKnotDimekRaptorrotasSkeletalEliteBlazelskiSillierHorizon5SneakyPigMainParallaxCritical_FishPlantCollectorDawnMadCornHubPredatedMadLordJackbm33Crowman 36 votes
Yes, but the current tinkerer should be kept as separate perk
13%
GeneralVmagicFobboTomskrexAdidiXukthun 6 votes

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

As a survivor new Tinkerer has done way more damage to my teams than old Tinkerer. Old Tinkerer you could finish a gen before the killer could get to you and you could easily hear them coming which made it easier to time out if you should commit to the gen. New Tinkerer gives the killer more opportunity to stop the gen and if in a chase already they are given a mind game advantage.

• Adidi

@bm33 Bruh, by old tinkerer, I mean the one that increased effectiveness of some addons (which had "affected by tinkerer" note on them), not after rework, but before buff :D.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Old tinkerer was a mess. I wouldnt be opposed to them making a Killer version of Ace In The Hole on the other hand.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,581

I know it was broken, but I really want to do the "Machine Gun Hatchets" build.

• Adidi
    edited April 2021

@GeneralV 2 addons and perk slot to get a bit more consistent hits. Meanwhile Spirit exists. Is it really broken, man?

@Gibberish Why was it a mess?

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622

Description of the perk says: Add-ons that affect the charge time of your Power are 5/10/15 % more effective. (patch 1.0)

Add-ons that affect the charge time of your Power are 6/8/10 % more effective. (patch 1.3)

It was change

I really like the recent Tinkerer than the original from 2016.

The old tinkerer was so broken with insta-chainsaw add-ons. And today we haven't add-ons for Billy and Bubba that affect the charge time (not including mother's helper). So, it will be completely useless.

• Adidi
    edited April 2021

@Woodywool Billy does have two charge addons now. That's a one. Huntress, Ghostface, Myers, Nursre, Plague - they all have addons that would benefit from old tinkerer... so your point is simply wrong.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

A perk that affects addons shouldn't exist as it will never be healthy for the game. It's far better to balance addons themselves.

It's why enduring got changed to only affect pallet stuns, because balancing perks like DS and Head On around the existence of Enduring was a hassle.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622

My bad. Forgot about tuned carburettor. Besides, we have also 2 add-ons that are increasing charge time (2 engravings).

I know that tuned carburettor isn't being a favourite add-on cause makes you 4,4 m/s killer and even with the old tinkerer this add-on not will be the best for sure...

About blink add-ons that reduce the time for get the maximum blink distance... Even as standalone add-ons, these are strong for Nurse and making her more powerful.

Speaking about the Spirit. She has some add-ons that reducing charge time too like "Bloody hair brooch": Considerably increases Yamaoka's Haunting Activation Charge rate. I have got a feeling that it can be way too strong too.

What I want to say is that the old tinkerer will make the game more unhealthy IMO.

Yes, we have a lot of things that are not balanced very well but making more unbalancing stuffs isn't a good idea.

• Adidi

@Woodywool Don't forget mother's helpers. It's trash addons, but with Enduring Fury it does catch people of guard at times.

Also keep in mind that this increase comes with sacrificing a perk slot. It's huge price and having infectious or not on Nurse is big deal.