Copy-pasted builds become boring you know

I'm not the type of killer who relies on S tier builds to win, but rather I think it's better to use weird combinations of perks and see how they work out.

Nevertheless, It's really boring to see match after match copy-pasted builds on 4 survivors. It's like...you really never get bored?

I'd get bored if I played 1 build 24/7.

They remind me of when I was a newbie years ago, and I always wanted to run the best meta perks. But they'll be a point where you just don't want to run them anymore since they become boring.

Maybe they run those builds because they haven't played the game enough to get rid of them? Maybe.

Comments

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

I'm not the type of killer who relies on S tier builds to win, but rather I think it's better to use weird combinations of perks and see how they work out.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

... It's really boring to see match after match copy-pasted builds on 4 survivors. It's like...you really never get bored?

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited April 2021

I think I'm the same as you as well. I don't relay on s teir builds to win as survivor anymore. Overtime if i started to use different perks and relayed on my skill to do better and I gotten better overtime.

I have a list of fun survivor builds that I try.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Don't worry have a new build of Alert, Balanced Landing, Leader, and Unbreakable.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Thats really funny because I see killer mains running the exact same types of builds to win. I am sure they would say like survivors doing the same,, if if aint broke,,,,well, you know the rest.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I mean, I agree, it does suck seeing the same build copy and pasted multiple times, but it does happen on both sides. And imho it's kinda just an issue on how matchmaking works- with everyone being thrown into the same queue despite how they play. People who play to win are gonna run the best stuff as often as possible to win. People who play for fun will run whatever they want.

It's just kinda hard when you mix those two groups together like the current queue does. Especially since, you can play either side, have more games with random perk builds or off-meta combos, but a few bad games against strong copy-paste builds can make you think you should start doing it too so you can play the game as well.

It's hard though, because the community is too small to split queues. But there's definitely a noticeable divide in players. And I totally agree with you- I tend to run the same few builds a lot, but they're all off-meta, random builds. Occasionally a meta perk will sneak into a build, but I never usually have more then one on at a time. And I definitely have looked at a lot of peoples builds- as Killer and Survivor- and wonder how people can have fun running it so much.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

Whenever I don’t use them, I get into situations where I wonder why I didn’t run X perk. Like I never get tunneled when I run DS but as soon as I take it off, boom double hooked in 60 seconds and dead. Same with slugging, when being chased, teammates getting camped or I’m getting camped. I’d rather run the perks and not get to use them than risk being without them and be left in the dust.