The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tricker is viable at lower ranks

SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I've played 2 games and got 4k on both playing at rank 16. Games were on Yamoka and AutoHaven and I haven't had the chance to try no way out yet. M1 works against the lower skiled players and there lower ability to escape allows you to actually down with knives.

3 of the 8 players were more skilled than the rest, 2 of them kept zig zagging, 1 decided to crouch in circles around anything in the vicinity and both were effective, but it time, inevitable downs.

Seen a lot of hate for trickster and deservedly so, he needs recoil, movement and power reworks, BUT, people on here seem to have forgotten than not everyone is a red rank superstar and there is a place for the less skilled characters in the game at lower ranks.

Comments

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited April 2021

You're eventually going to run out of lower skill players & if you 4k enough, you're going to move up and have to find a new killer to play. Not to mention that matchmaking is bad and completely blows everything you're saying up. Example: I'm rank 12 right now & I played against a 3 stack of rank 1 players last night.

Edit to add: & if you just want to be a noob stomper, why wouldn't you just play Huntress instead?

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

You could not even use your power and play an M1 110% killer, you would likely still get 4K's in those ranks.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I'm not a noob stomper, I'm a full time worker so don't get to play all that much, plus I play survivor 70-30. I was purple rank last year but cod cold war took me away for 3 or 4 months 👌

• Florin
    Florin Member Posts: 65

I play him a lot and I found he is ok for me in rank 3, I win I lose but I can keep myself in rank 3

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

Every killer is viable at low ranks.

The game is killer sided at low ranks as new survivors don't know where to run and how to loop effectively, making the killer's job easy.

A no-addon wraith that refuses to cloak can get a 4k against noobs.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Of course he's viable at lower ranks, because at 15-20, the killer role is simply more dominant as survivors have no idea of how to loop, save, or even do generators appropriately.

But you will not be there forever and the second you start moving up, you will begin to struggle fast with Trickster.

• celesteismore
    celesteismore Member Posts: 173

I'm rank 15 killer and going against rainbow ranks of red purple green and yellow

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

no blink nurse is viable at lower ranks

• pennythewise
    pennythewise Member Posts: 48

Every thing is viable in low ranks lol

what does that contribute to anything exactly? Lol even burger king myers is viable.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432

Every killer is viable at low rank. At High MMR/High rank though, only nurse and spirit are.