Why do we still have grab challenges

Leader7th
Leader7th Member Posts: 26
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

This challenge sucks everytime it looks like I'm going to get a grab my damn character just sticks out their hand and they get away JUST WHY

Comments

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I didn't even realize there was a grab challenge. But yeah, those things are impossible playing normally at red ranks. So I just down a survivor and then take them to a gen and keep dropping them till they get released and hope they work on the gen in front of me.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Not just particular, grabbing has been bugged for at least two chapters, the only way to do it is accidentally, if you go for it, you just give the survivor a backrub, they can just run and cancel your grab.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

oh I know I was trying to avoid using the word broken but the hell with it it's completely broken and only works when it feels like it sometimes.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

I'm going to try it legit with spooky Mikey. If I'm robbed of grabs because of servers then I'll just farm it.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Considering grabs have been really iffy for probably years at this point, it is pretty annoying we keep getting challenges relying on them.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Yah, it's been a bit touch and go since the dedicated servers went live.

Got a couple last night that I wasn't even trying for thanks to the Trail Of Torment perk, but I wasn't even trying for them.

Meanwhile, I can think of at least half a dozen instances where I just held out my hand and nothing happened while the survivor got a step away.

I told people that when dedicated servers came out it wasn't going to fix dodgy hits and things like this.... I flippin' called it.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596
    edited April 2021

Grabs on gens or unhook are often denied, yes, but grabs on windows (injured survivor vaulting) normally work, esp. when you try to do this intentional. And I'm pretty sure that a grab from locker counts as well, so "just tunnel" and force the survivors with ds to jump into a locker, so you can easily grab them out. It's really not that hard, trust me.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Because whoever comes up with these challenges hasn't played the game in a good 2 years.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,523

The people making the challenges don't play the game.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Honestly i despise grab challenges. The first tome had the exact same and it took me near a year to finish the final level of it just because grabs never worked. I recently had a Trapper who farmed for it which I happily helped him with. But grabs should not be a challenge when most times they never work thanks to the server deciding you were just giving them a pat on the back.