The fact that since DS "nerf" people started complaining about it proves something

Options
sad_killer_main
sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

That DS wasn't being used as an anti-tunnel perk, but rather, as a huge crutch oppressive perk.

The core functionality of DS and why people should use the perk hasn't changed: If I tunnel a person who's been unhooked I'll get my ass DSed.

That's still happening. It's still a anti-tunnel perk.

Then why DS has dropped to B in the tier list and people stopped using it? This is what's really interesting to me.

It clearly shows that the main intent of people running this perk wasn't to stop tunneling, was to a have an oppressive god shield.

Because that's what DS was, a nonsense shield.

Even if you weren't tunnelling a survivor could repair a gen in front of your face because they new they had the god shield and as much, you could only slug them, but their hiding teammate would get them back up in seconds and start repairing again.

DS changes were meant to remove that nonsense mechanic DS had to be a god shield, which was basically a complete crutch people relied on, and most of the time you getting DSed didn't mean you were tunnelling, just that you forgot that person had DS after almost 1 minute.

Has been interesting to see this huge tier drop in the list for DS, it has shown the real reason why people were using the perk.

If you no longer use the perk but you spammed it before, clearly your intentions weren't anti-tunnelling ones.

Comments