Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

NOED NEEDS A NERF YOU BABY KILLERS!!!! BHVR!!!!

rrogers_NW
rrogers_NW Member Posts: 83
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I just did a match where legit I looped for 3 gens straight and then at the end the killer pulled NoEd out there ***!!!! Why doesn't BHVR make it so a killer can only down two people? Then if you break the Hex Totem during a game, you can only down one person, during end game phase. Or you can still down 4 people, unless you get some sort of Hex Totem during the game. Then it drops from downing 4 people to only 1.

Because during my match, all the huntress did then was slug, until it was to the point where no one could get revived. Even when I play killer I don't use nor think I would ever slug. Its to the point where, bad players that abuse the game need to be in their own lobbies. Or just nerf the F out of NoEd. I mean, its okay to nerf DS, so why can't BHVR Nerf NoEd? Fair Is Fair Killer Mains!!!!

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Oh.. you done did it now.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

DS nerf was also unfair. Buff DS again and also buff NOED. I dont know why fun perks nerfing... I miss oldest NOED and DS.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

You will pry Noed from my cold, dead hands! We killers need second chances too damn it :'(

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I personally think NOED is a trash perk and have never ran it as a killer. I also think it's a cheap free pass rewarding killers who can't kill anyone before end game.

With that being said: This is why I always try to cleanse totems as much as possible. Generators are not the only objective in this game, but survivors tend to get tunnel vision and pass up totems left and right KNOWING that totems can play a huge role during end game - precisely because of NOED. I don't think NOED needs changed in the slightest. Also with that being said: I will not "GG" any killer who has zero kills before the end game and only gets a kill due to NOED.

Oh and if you are a survivor with me...and NOED pops up - good luck! I am not rescuing you or hunting for even more totems. I make it a point to cleanse a minimum of 2 totems per round...if my fellow 3 survivors cannot be bothered to cleanse at least one.... and they get caught up with NOED - that's their fault for failing to complete a simple totem.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'm not against NOED being re-worked. Even if it can be stopped by cleansing, I think getting that much of a boost of power just for being at the end of the game is excessive.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    edited April 2021

I mean, Undying got nerfed when it made an OP combo with Ruin after less than 6 months, while DS Unbreakable was in the game for like 2 years if my memory doesn't fail me.

I do agree that NOED needs to go, though, and its my opinion it shouldn't insta down at all.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

This is some low-quality bait.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Never used DS*, but I think in its current state it is reflective of its purpose: anti-tunneling. Would you like to know my Survivor build?

Alert, Lithe... and whatever other 2 perks I wanna use at that time: Sometimes Borrowed Time...if I am playing with friends usually. Sometimes WGLF if I am looking to farm BP. Sometimes Soul Guard...to... wait for it.. combat Hex totems and especially NOED. There are over 100 perks in this game and I think you will find that a large amount of survivors do not rely on the "meta" perks.

I am not sure why if survivors know that NOED is made from a dull totem why they would ignore dull totems.

*I have used DS when requested by a viewer of my stream when they pick my perks, but have never used it as my own personal choice. I think in total (4+ years of playing) I have used it MAYBE 10-12 times all from viewer requests.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

NoED should only expose survivors who've been hooked once during the trial. If you haven't been hooked, you shouldn't be exposed. Kind of hard to do bones when you're being chased by the killer for several gens. I think that'd be a fair nerf that wouldn't encourage face camping.

• KingFrost

NoED gives the killer a speed boost. Practically a perma-stack of PWYF.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

I used to hate NOED--and then I started playing Trickster. I've had 3 gens pop before I've even walked all the way across the map but the usual number is 2. The only way to even kind of have a fighting chance half the time is to down someone with NOED and to hide in the wings (not under the hook) for people who are heading to get a save.

• KingFrost

Did you think up that argument yourself? Oh right, it's been used on this forum forever. At least be a little original.

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi
    Demodoggie_isgoodboi Member Posts: 43

Coming from a survivor main, dont get hit when noed is active lol

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326

I really liked Fungoose's rework idea for NOED. I believe he said he would make it so it was like a reverse BBQ and Chili. You'd start with 4 tokens, and for each unique survivor you hooked, you'd lose a token. When the exit gates are powered, you can instadown one survivor for each token you have left. I think that's both fair and balanced for the game. Hell, I'd even throw in the movement speed boost just so the perk did something even if the killer loses all their tokens when the exit gates are powered.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I’ve encountered killers who have played terrible and use it to get an easy 4K. I suspected they were going to use NOED so I did three totems myself and still couldn’t find all of them. Sometimes it’s not enough to “just do bones”

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The Survivor side is a TEAM effort. :) If you did three, that means the other three Survivors only had to do two. Again, that is on you and your teammates, not the Killer. Survivors are only as good as their weakest link. Get the word out. :) I think that Survivors frustrated with NOED would get far more out of doing educational posts for their peers than they do whining about NOED.

This is the game. It is (4) Survivors versus (1) Killer. The Survivors win by working together, either coordinated as a SWF or just using commonsense and experience. If they don't do that, they lose. NOED illustrates this point clearly; the Perk does not reward bad Killers, it punishes bad Survivors. Totems are ALSO objectives. You gamble when you don't cleanse them, just as the Killer gambles when he/she puts them in. We all have agency in this game. We all make choices. Stop blaming personal failures on the Killer or the Perk.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

There’s no “getting the word out” in solo q. You can’t convey how many you have done to your teammates. And if it’s a SWF then the Killers will just complain it’s SWF, which I hate SWF too. At least with NOED it’s a lot more complicated than just do the bones.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

To be honest, whenever NOED does go off, it's usually because the Killer played bad. At least that's how I've observed it. I despise NOED and I haven't used it since 2018.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You can continue to make excuses for why you can't get your Bones done, or you can just saddle up and ride. You and I play the same game. I play Solo Que most of the time when I'm a Survivor. How is it I'm not experiencing the problems you are having? Statistically I run into NOED just as often as you do. Could it be that the random Solos (and myself) seem to get those Totems cleansed, or if not we manage just the same when NOED triggers? Do you see my point? Countless Players manage to get by against NOED every day; I'm sure you can too.

• TheHitman
    TheHitman Member Posts: 22

That's way to much. I main killer, and I can tell you right now that NOED being base kit and revealing auras would not be fair. I recommend trying to get away from using NOED if possible. I used it as a crutch when I was first starting, as I wasn't confident in being able to apply enough pressure to the survivor team. While it is a powerful perk, it can really limit your growth as a killer player if you begin to rely on it too much.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Very good and pretty basic game mechanics, you are right everyone passes up totems until the end then they cry when NOED strikes again lol. I try to do at least two of them unless I see something lit then I go for it.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

People complaining about NOED. Baby survivors.

It's literally the most counterable perk in the game.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

How? If he was most likely solo que and the only one getting chased the entire game? More like “tell your teammates to do bones”. Don’t blame it all on this guy.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

no one escapes deez nuts haha laugh

• VispeR
    VispeR Member Posts: 39

Then nerf genrush. NOED is a endgame perk who can help u down 1 survivor for sure, but still u can broke totem right?

And save survivor who on hook then escape, if u have very good teammates or just running with SWF

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

git gud do bones

stop gen rushing

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

“For 3 gens straight” is what I read. That’s not the entire game. In the reds, that’s the first 90 seconds. BTW not blaming on the op at all, it’s just that is that simple to prevent NOED you don’t get to complain about it. Blame the teammates then, not the killer and not the devs.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Because the point of NOED to one-shot Survivors in the end game. It is working as intended.

The point of Decisive Strike was to stop tunneling, but it was being used as a form of immunity for 60 seconds, so it was reworked to be a proper anti-tunneling perk.

NOED requires no change because it is doing exactly what it was meant to.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Then maybe they shouldn't blame the perk but their teammates. But most survivor simply blame the opposition like killers but the latter don't have teammates to put the blame on and survivor started to just look at most problem like they would be playing killer and don't look at their teammates anymore. And I know that random teammates in soloQ are a mixed bag with the current rank based matchmaking.

• Just_Alex
    Just_Alex Member Posts: 57

I don't see the issue here. If you can't take those 14 seconds to cleanse a totem, maybe you deserve to get downed by noed in endgame. I don't complain about Noed because I know that it's my fault for not doing secondary objectives.

When I'm playing solo I try to avoid chases so I can hunt totems. When I play duo, my friend always brings Detective's Hunch so we can find and cleanse them fast enough between gens.

If you're having trouble finding them you should bring Small Game, Detective's or a Map. I doubt that you have 4k hours because I never heard someone complain about Noed with at least 1k hours (unless they were one of those super entitled Survivor mains).

Also, DS was a free shield and a cheap excuse for bad Survivors. The "nerf" was deserved after the abuse, since it's an anti-tunnel perk and not a "free gens all day" card. Besides all this, the devs stated at some point that Noed is fine as is, iirc.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Starting the game lit would just kill the perk. But you could instead just expose people who didnt cleanse a dull totem during the game.

So everyone is responsible for their own demise. However, it might kill inner strength.