PC players bad treatment of Console players

Title.

I keep cross-play off due to how just insanely prejudice PC survivor players are. Every time I turn it on it just reinforces why I turned it off. Like my last match, where 2 PC players didn't get hooked one time, and left without even remotely trying to unhook me.

Either enable cross-platform chat, or I will never use it again, and I strongly encourage other console users to do the same. Right now, PC players have unfair kb+mouse advantages, pre-game chat, and graphics (wink wink visibility) options. Distinctly, the lack of lobby chat makes us console users seem like a no-faced mass that can just be looked down on. Without ANY way to talk to cross-play teammates none of this will change.

Comments

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

The only time so far when I was dumped on the first hook while my teammates were too busy cleansing totems and repairing gens was a game with 3 console players. There are arseholes on each platform.

• Zora_sauce
    Zora_sauce Member Posts: 8

I think there are bad teamates on all platforms. I play on ps4 and I guess since I'm a relativly low rank (rank 14) I haven't encountered pc players like this. The pc players I played with where competent at the game, im sure when I get to the higher ranks I'll face a problem like this but IMO I think you made a good decision.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Survivor is close to equal on pc or console , pc has a slight edge due to sensitivity and frames but just because someone is on a 5000 dollar pc it doesn't give them skills at the game and is pointless without experience, the only real side where there's a noticable difference is killer because not having the sensitivity they need on console hinders certain killers from performing as they should and pc survivors who are top tier can outmaneuver and pick them apart due to their limitations, but I'm not saying console killers are bad, some killers can be on par with some of the top tier in the game even while being held back by their hardware but that's few and far between just due to circumstances out of their control.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yeah, every time I play Legion and dare to use my power, my frames go down to 15.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Console survivors are no different to pc survivors (apart from the urban ones) but their ping is trash tier and causes many issues with "aim dressing"

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384

I Hope I could play with CrossPlay off on Xbox Series, but I dont know why DBD thinks that One and Series are different platforms and we cant get matched with CrossPlay off, that means 30+ min queues without games because the 80% of Xbox playerbase plays with One.

For that reason I must play with PC players and suffer their hate. I know we have a huge disadvantage and we are not the best players due to console and controllers limitations, but this is not a reason for being rude with us.

I dont know if PS4 and PS5 have the same MatchMaking issue with CrossPlay off, but Xbox players MUST play with CrossPlay on even if we dont want to... So please, respect each other and enjoy the game

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

It's the total opposite for me,

Half the damn time. they don't wanna chase a shirtless david,

I get ignored even with No obsession..

...Like bruv. chase me ffs

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

A few things...

• The crossplay symbol just means someone is not on your specific platform, it doesn't mean they're on PC.
    • I highly doubt you're being targeted for being a console player anyway.
  • VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Played with and against multiple fog whisperers and their chat is always saying "windows store players" nope all console baby!

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited April 2021

It’s funny you say this because every time I play with cross play on my ping is the lowest in the lobby while everyone else is sitting on 100+ ( ps4) I find everyone else that isn’t ps4 or 5 is just lagggyyyy

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

My ping is 35.

I never see pings that low on other players. Like ever.

• hanys94
    hanys94 Member Posts: 8

Most stupid thing i ever read.I hope i never gonna across you playing dbd.For me it doesnt matter if i play with console or pc players.I treat them the same and honestly yeah few times its happen that pc players leave me die on hook but the same happen to me before crossplay was implemented and i play on xbox so on both platforms are toxic players and its pointless to generalize

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I like crossplay. I get fast queues at rank 7, and my globe teammates are usually more competent than not.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

When playing killer. The only thing I like about console survivors is they can't talk to me after the match is over.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Who care what PC players do or think. Bring deliverance. Also I can see Blendettes in a bush wiping their asses and I'm on console. These newer tv's due awesome things. I tinkered in my setting and I can see myers eye balls through his mask so it's not just them. Yes that have some things console players can't do but console players can still do everything just some things take more effort. I only play cross-play because xbox survivors are usually (not always) Mehhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh 😭 in that order. Cross-play is more of a challenge.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

When it comes to video games with cross play, PC Elitists ruin the games for everyone. Also gonna note how they love to cheat the game, and exploit stuff that's not intended. And yes I'm looking at the bastards who stretch their screens out for competitive advantages, they can't do it the normal way because lack of skill in my opinion.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

As a PC killer, I like console players, they're never toxic in the end game chat. I'm aware they don't have a choice, but I choose to believe they're taking the high road.

• PubStar87
    PubStar87 Member Posts: 179

Exactly. Nothing about this dynamic will change without some way to communicate.

• DoctorRogue
    DoctorRogue Member Posts: 4

I kind of understand it to an extent, for me personally most of the games i get into with console players they always manage to single-handedly ruin games for me, being causing a 3 gen, crouching on the edges of the map and not doing anything, farming me when the killer is 0.5 nano-pixels away etc, this isnt to say there arent ANY good console players or that they CANT be better than pc players, but from my experience (again, from MY experience so it may differ for others) console players that i get teamed up with seem to be generally worse than pc players i get teamed up with, not to say i dont get my fair share of room temprature iq pc teammates.

TLDR i understand the frustration that both sides have, it certainly must suck if you are a console player to be constantly assumed to be room temperature IQ

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

So u priorities ppl by platform even if they're playing decent? Good to know hopefully nobody of us will get into match with u that's most biashed and stupid thing I heard in longer time factual truth is all blendette and urban evading Nea thing started from pc players not console ones do with it what u want

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

What baffles my is you can't even know if they're on console. Why are people talking ######### when they literally can't know who they're talking ######### about?

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Also let's not forget Otz stomped pc teams easily while he was on streak but lost to console team there you go smh about ur theory

• SoloQKev
    SoloQKev Member Posts: 164

I use to be on console last year and now on PC. I have seen it on both sides and doesn't matter what platform your on your going to see toxic players. But yeah to some degree I get what you mean as last week I was in a match I had 3 console players for teammates and the killer was console. it was a 4v1 that match, meaning I was the only PC player that match all 3 teammates followed me around bringing the killer to me. Sandbagging me and killer hooking me, farmed off hook with survivors nodding at the killer as he killed me. They all did whatever then as I spectated he let them do gens and leave.

But apart from the odd match like that like before I been left to bleed out with a fellow other PC survivor. Yeah, apart from that I have come across some good players and made many friends from different platforms.

• randyorton
    randyorton Member Posts: 5

I turn crossplay off too. Pc Players are full of hacks. The Killers can see where every survivor is speed hacks and the worst thing is they can turn it on or off everytime. And they make slightly changes so that you dont think they hacks. I want a crossplay option where i can choos with which plattform i would connected.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 491

I'm sorry to tell you that my experience is extremely different.

As a PC player, I play with cross-play on because 1) I don't care, I'll play with console players LETS ######### GO BOYS!

but also 2) I need the larger player base to get faster games

but console players are GARBAGE toxic. I never have problems with PC players when playing but console players are almost 100% always in SWF, they always tea bag and clicky clicky at gate, and I can't even communicate with them post-game!

I would LOVE to be able to communicate with console players post-match. I'd turn that option on (wink wink BHVR)

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited July 2022

The number of times I get killed on the first hook because some console player is playing immersion simulator and walking around looking at the maps objects.

The quality of matchmaking definitely went down when they added crossplay a few years ago.

I had a game earlier with 3 console players on Lerys against a not so good blight, got his first hook at 3 gens, second at four gens and then snowballed from there, 2 console players got downed next to each other (god knows how that happens) and then I got downed trying to open the gate and the last console survivor then runs up to me on the ground, starts self-caring herself then gets downed on top of me and then we all die.

Thanks.