Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Im not playing agaisnt nurse. Sorry.

Im not doing it. I dont care if I derank or lose a pip. Not doing it.

Comments

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

Why? :c

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi
    Demodoggie_isgoodboi Member Posts: 43

Yeah, lets just bring the most anti counter killer in the game and meta perks and lose a rank anyways because all good nurses do is slug.

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi

Or, you know its annoying to lose to an uncounterable killer who brings thana sloppy ruin and undying and slugs because god forbid she needs any of those things if she can down quickly and efficiently.

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi

Actually no, you can counter her with a locker too, but people startes bringing the brown anti fatigue add on now so thats even gone.

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi

Yes, I agree nobody likes losing, but when theres almost always a chance im gonna lose because theres almost nothing I can do agaisnt her to defend myself, ill just take the fat L instantly.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

It’s ok, you don’t have to play against whomever you choose. I don’t like to play against Onis and the minute I see one, I mostly meme during that match to at least get some points.

You also don’t need to announce it.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Nurse is the killer I win most against. The second I find out that I am going against a nurse I literally imagine two coins flipping at the exact same time - and that is how I make my moves when they blink - I flip the coins in my head and then do whatever the coins land on. In other words - I play completely unpredictable. I forget about loops and strategies - and simply...spur of the moment decide what to do from a possibility of 4 choices (heads/heads, heads/tails, tails/tails, and tails/heads). DBD is a strategy game - revise your strategy if it isn't working.

I have never purposefully disconnected because to me that isn't a strategy - it's more akin to a temper tantrum.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Congrats for figuring out how to play against her. Like you, Nurse is the killer I win most against (at least when it comes to chases; with teammates who kill themselves/DC, all bets are off when it comes to actually escaping).

Since you're a good teammate, here's a tip: being unpredictable helps, but that's just the first step. If you understand how her power works, you can predict where she's going, and use that to your advantage.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Learn to run a nurse.

She has counter play, if she didn't her kill rate (even in the top 1%) would be higher than Spirit and such. It's not. At all level of skill, even using only the best nurse players as a guide, her kill rate is still like 3rd or 4th from the top.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    edited April 2021

Im sorry but why would we care, seriously you cant act like this community is the worst/most toxic thing in the world but then expect us to stay in matches just because we should care about other people's fun....

I personally dont mind Nurse but Freddy....yeah F freddy, every time I think: "ok ok, lets give him a go... oh look jump rope, tinkerer, pop, camping, yep.....yep yep yep....good fun"

glad that killer cares about the survivor's fun huh?

Post edited by BioX on
  • CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

Nah, after you learn to play the game in general you might need a few dozen hours as her to get the hang of it quickly. I don't main Nurse. I play Nurse. It takes me 3 or 4 matches to get used to it. And when I say "me", I mean anyone who's an experienced player.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

and I'm not playing against SWF without nurse.

So if you want nurse nerfed then swf must be nerfed

• Lord_Tony

". A killer that if played correctly has basically no counter."

trickster says hi

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Look I hate nurse probably as much as you do but DCing just because you don’t like fighting the killer is just being a coward

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
  • landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
  • Lord_Tony

and yet even the worst survivor tbags killers like trickster

then you wonder why we got tired of tbagging and started playing nurse and spirit

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited April 2021

It's been so long since I've seen a Nurse. The best counterplay is play cautious Nurse is loud and can't move like she use to. So if you suspect she's coming leave immediately. Not the most exciting counterplay but if you wanna do the best to win then do that.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Nothing like being chased first and being the first to finish not one but 2 gens and then die first because the others don't play around bbq and lead the killer to you without healing you. yay...

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Bruh, just because you can't use the exact same looping style that you do to every killer doesn't make her op

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'd say choosing to leave because you don't like playing against X type of player removes any right to complain about players bringing in particular builds and whatnot.

• BioX

and I say players bringing particular builds and whatnot gives players the right to complain/choose to leave ;)

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I used to do this when I first started playing survivor, but the only true way to get better at countering specific killers is by going against them.

The thing with Nurse is that she's very inconsistent in terms of how "good" she is. As she's arguably the hardest killer to master, you either go against:

a) newbie Nurse who's still getting used to the blinks and usually turns out to be a really easy round to escape.

b) Nurse main who has 100's of hours of practise and can take down an entire team within the first couple gens.

When I get option B it is what it is. I just play the game for fun and don't get too invested in "winning" or "losing". For every ridiculously well played killer round, you get a bunch of beginner/intermediate killers who are much easier to escape and get better points. It all balances out in my opinion. I do agree still though, whenever a map loads and I hear that screech I'm filled with dread. 😂

• TAG

1000% disagree. If that were an actual valid thing, there'd be no need for a disconnect penalty.

• BioX

there is a DC penalty because people DC too much, what they did not adress is why people DC, hence we are back in the loop

• TAG

Salty people will always exist no matter how balanced/fair/etc. something may be. You will never stop ragequitting because it is tied to the person. The best you can do is punish people who do so to disincentivize it.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I hate Nurse too but you'll almost never run into a Nurse that you can't win against. Refusing to play against any killer is stupid, just play the game and get your bloodpoints.

If they fixed her visual and audio cues not being so de-synced and buggy I wouldn't mind too much but nope I'm getting hit before the nurse even appears on my screen and she's making blink charge sounds even though she's just walking and that messes up any sliver of counterplay she might have. I hate it so much, I wish they would fix this broken ######### killer already, it's been nearly 1 and a half years.

• BioX

thats a really dark and depressing outlook on the world im sorry to admit.

You are one of those that rather stomp the poor further into the ground when they steal something to eat rather then adress their need to steal in the first place?

Take a killer that just slugs everyone and thats it, enjoy wasting 4 minutes of your life, good fun that is, there one could DC ORRRRR maybe the devs could implement something that would punish that behavior or give the survivors a legitimate way out but nope, lets just make it so you are not allowed to do it and punish if you dont want to just waste your time on the floor.

• TAG

"You are one of those that rather stomp the poor further into the ground when they steal something to eat rather then adress their need to steal in the first place?"

I'm not sure what this has to do with ragequitting in a video game. Video game salt and poverty are two different things.

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156

Entitlement is reaching critical levels!

• BioX

its about fixing the real problem and not brute forcing it into submission

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited April 2021
  • OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181

I can do decent against a regular nurse. But a god nurse is totally different. Accuracy be in five million even with unpredictability lol. I find her fun to go against lol

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Ah, you must be fun to play with I'm sure, just f everyone else right?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

She's not that bad honestly. You either get the baby Nurse who is no danger to you, or a solid Nurse. If it's the solid Nurse I enjoy those games because it's fun to try to beat them.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Why isn't this meme closed? :(

• TAG

I don't think ragequitting is a problem that can be fixed. People will ragequit whether we like it or not.