The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Infinite Looping

CoolerSphinx
CoolerSphinx Member Posts: 22
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
Is it a annoying problem or a useful tool. I guess it depends on which side you are looking at it from - Killer or Survivor. For a Killer, almost nothing can be as annoying as wasting time trying to catch a survivor that is just looping.  However, as a survivor, this is a very useful tool to help escape. Should this be a normal technique for survivors or should they rely on sneakin, hiding, and other methods?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

How does looping help one escape, exactly? The whole point of looping is that you're being chased indefinitely.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Now that sneakin', hiding is not a thing anymore due to aura reading perks and some anti-stealth killers, surviving is a combination of both. I usually only get in chases when I'm spotted. Rest of the time I'm doing my objectives and saving other people's asses. 
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Infinite Looping? I would only loop to try to break line of sight rather than occupy their time. I would much rather be focused on my objective to repair generators and provide unhooking and healing whenever necessary. If people want to infinite loop, and the killer falls for it, more power to them, but I'd rather not partake in that, whether playing survivor or killer.

• CoolAKn

@Orion said:
    How does looping help one escape, exactly? The whole point of looping is that you're being chased indefinitely.

I think the OP is referring to the fact that some killers will quickly lose interest and seek a new target if a survivor engages in infinite looping.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    CoolAKn said:

@Orion said:

I think the OP is referring to the fact that some killers will quickly lose interest and seek a new target if a survivor engages in infinite looping.

The OP is actually asking whether looping is justified when survivors can rely on stealth play?
    The answer is no. I stated my reasons above. 
  • CoolAKn

@Khalednazari said:
    CoolAKn said:

@Orion said:

The OP is actually asking whether looping is justified when survivors can rely on stealth play?
    The answer is no. I stated my reasons above. 

The OP stated looping was a useful tool to escape, to which Orion asked why they thought that.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

FYI, I'm assuming "escape" means "escape the chase".

• ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    Orion said:

FYI, I'm assuming "escape" means "escape the chase".

Thats exactly what hes talking about but thr other poster is too stupid to understand