The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New players tunneling

I just played a few games with my friend, this latest one we versed a Ghostface who was rank 17, this Ghostface tunneled everyone in a row one after the other. This is a pattern that has been repeating more often than it should.

Is this what dbd is coming to, are the new players to the game just going to be tunnel and not be punished for it, like i do understand that tunneling is a Strat in the game and the devs have said as much, but it is still really bad for both killers and survivors.

It makes for a boring game and also doesn't really help the killer improve in any legitimate way.

I love dbd ive been playing for ages, but if newer killers are all gonna tunnel I don't see this game lasting very much longer

Comments

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

This is so spot on.

I've said it before. They keep nerfing solos. Hence it pushes people into SWF. They nerf DS and people start clapping with their ears. This didn't cause any harm to SWF. It caused harm to solos.

• TheVolgun
    TheVolgun Member Posts: 34

I agree with you, that tunneling is a meta tactic now days. What I am referring to is when people tunnel out the gate first thing.

There are certain situations where tunneling is the best thing and maybe even the only thing a killer can do, but that is fine because it takes some knowledge of the game to recognize these situations.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

To be fair, DS was pretty stupid before the nerf honestly. But I do agree with the nerfs to solo queue. Solo queue players haven't had anything buffed for them since kindred got buffed. They need some sort of communication to perform optimally or at least a little better. New gestures would be a start.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

You can't expect killers to not hit the next survivor that comes into contact with them. I'll slug a survivor if they don't get far from the hook they we're just on, but I wont continuously hand out lifelines.

• TheVolgun

I completely agree with the DS changes, DS is suppose to be an anti tunnel perk, before this nerf it wasn't that it was an immunity badge that lasted for 60 seconds. Now it actually does what it was intended to do.

• TheVolgun

You're comment makes no sense, in terms of what I am saying. These killers are downing someone and then only going for them, even to the point of ignoring other survivors infront of them.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Coming to? No, always has been.

New players are just that, new. They don't know the maps, where survivors are, or how to chase. They take the route thats easy for them and that happens to be an injured survivor they were able to get before.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

New players always tunneled. It was the same two years ago.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Get 2 other people, split up around the map and hold M1. Don't go for saves unless it is 100% safe and only save just before second stage.

Watch the killer crumble while eating popcorn.

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191

They don't even know what tunneling is

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Honestly if you've been playing for ages and cant just brush off an obviously new playing doing what they can to get kills then that's what's gonna make the game not last much longer. People need to stop shamming killers, especially new ones, or else the already long queue times will get longer.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384

If a killer try yo play "Fair" and with Fair I mean following the survivors infinite rulebook, he Will get rushed and tbagged at gates.

So, I dont know why Survivors complain about Killers tunneling One person if they are tunneling/rushing gens.

With the actual gen speed the most effective way is tunneling and slugging, take One or two survivors out of the Game fast and then play with the others. We cant Chase the good looper of the team or we loose, we Need to find the weak link and destroy It.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

The unfortunate reality is that tunneling is the most efficient way to play the game. Getting one survivor out early hampers survivors' abilities more than having all four up and running but on death hook.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

When you see a gen at 90% and regressing. Do you finish it or do you ignore it and go for a fresh 0% gen instead?

Survivors complain about tunneling, when they do the exact same thing as the killer. Each survivor has 3 lives. The killer has 5 gens which would count as lives, since the game is almost over when they are done.

So maybe, once survivors stop tunneling gens, killers will stop tunneling survivors.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Idk how many times it needs to be said before people understand this. At a certain point its not even tunneling but the killer just playing the game.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

tunneling is only so common because of the ds nerf. it isnt the nerf that made them tunnel harder, its the fact that youll only see one ds every 3 matches or something like that. also, whenever i equip ds now i am almost guaranteed to be able to use it. statistically speaking the ds nerf was good but it also made tunneling 3 times more frequent

• celesteismore
    celesteismore Member Posts: 173

The amount of times a killer acts stupid and is like what tunneling it's too much.

This discussion has been closed.