The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

One hit down is balanced?

linancy
linancy Member Posts: 38

I find games with one hit very annoying and i wonder if one hit down is a good idea.

Survivors can't do anything against one hit ability or add on.

Window as a protection is not always an option.

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Depends on what "one-hit down" you're referring to.

Iri Head? NOED? Sure, I can see why you're frustrated.

Bubba? Starstruck? There are obvious counters for these perks & killers that you could easily learn.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,385

In my opinion, the only "one hit down" that isn't balanced is Iridescent Head, and even that is debatable.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited April 2021

Lowkey starstruck looks extremly great on every killer that isnt nurse. On nurse with a dedicated build it seems kinda busted. Throw on distressing starstruck and infectious fright suddenly the nurse can create these giant slugfests.

Put on a delay perk of your choosing to fill out the build and by the entity you may have the most terrifying build in dbd. You could go with a more aggresive bbq option but having at least one form of delay might be important depending on your skill level.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited April 2021

I had exactly this in a match yesterday that lasted all of 2 minutes. They were TTV of course, an expert Nurse main with Starstruck, Devour, Agitation and BBQ.

When I checked out the stream after I died, the first thing they said was "damn I hate it when people kill themselves on hook."

No delay was necessary, we were slaughtered with no chance to do any gens. I mean, there's no point working on a gen when three of your teammates are already on hooks. It just snowballs from there when two are in the basement, one is on the hill next to the basement, and the Nurse is stood on that hill surveying the map.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Not all instadowns are balanced but most killer power instadowns are.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

The only non balanced inta down is iri head and that’s because the hit boxes are ######### janky as #########

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

My Freddy with Make your choice + Devour Hope + Haunted Ground says hi !

Perk wise i think all one-hit one are fairly balanced, since they usually have a cooldown or a downside. Power wise, it usually requires skill. Addon wise, it usually requires skill except for Iridescent Head (Huntress)

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Most of them require a charge time or hard read to land. Except for Iri heads but I've never seen anyone defend them.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yes, they are mostly fine.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

Survivors can't do anything against one hit ability or add on.

Window as a protection is not always an option.

Then position yourself in somewhere where there is a window? It's not rocket science. You're basically whining for a bubba getting you with his chainsaw because you're in a dead zone. You're being punished for being in that dead zone

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

If we're talking about the general idea of whether or not instant downs are balanced, then I'd say yes they are. At least for the current state of the game. If we're talking about specific perks or add ons then sure there's some bullshit stuff in the game that needs to be looked at. Iri head and Noed come to mind.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

majority of insta downs can only punish survivors for poor position like bubba and billy chainsaw.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

The only insta-down which I would consider unbalanced is Iri head, and I would only say that when it is used in combination with Infantry Belt. When a Huntress has only 1 Iri hatchet, she is actaully quite weak, especially if the player isn't that great (let's be honest, if you're using Iri head you probably aren't that good).

Every other instadown has counterplay. Any m1 killer with an instadown is still countered by basic looping fundamentals, this is what makes Myers/Ghostface so weak. Stay a little more immersed if possible, but when found, play safe in chase. Drop pallets early, don't try to chain loops together too much, etc.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

I only hate iri head and bubba tbh. Most killer like oni and billy who instadown require at least some sort of skill to do so. Bubba is just boring

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The only problem i have is with iri-heads, and even that is ok until you see them every game against huntress, like right now.

Noed, devour hope, they all come into play late and you have plenty of time dealing with them before.

Ghostface and myers have to work for their instadown.

MYC activates for 60 secs while the killer is far away, just hide for some time if he comes back, same for haunted grounds.

Bubba is a little annoying, but can be dodged, unless he is insidious camper, then you have to let one go and gen rush (but i play only solo survivor, so most of the time he just picks up one.

The thing is, that you need such things vs good swf, or you have no way of dealing with it as killer.

So it comes down to matchmaking, and the balance difference between solo and swf.