Why are all the survivors from the same/similar time?

Options
Harold_Shipman
Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

The entity has taken killers from many different time periods (either it has been doing so for centuries or it is not bound by the same laws of time) yet all the survivors appear to be from recent times. Why is this?

Can't we get an old tavern wench survivor or like an old japanese Geisha to compliment Oni? I'd love to see one of them pull off a flashlight save.

Comments

• Harold_Shipman
    Options

surely they could chalk it up to the same way david king and ash dont beat the living crap out of legion; entity powers?

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368
    Options

I always thought that survivors from past times have been thrown into the void after losing all hope. Now that you mentioned it a geisha survivor would be really cool but I doubt that will happen.

• Harold_Shipman
    Options

Forgot about that; I guess that would explain it nicely. But would mean that the entity exists in the same timeline and can only pull killers/survivors from its present and not from past else it'd be able to get survivors from the past too. Which means plague has been doing her ######### for a long long time.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,247
    Options

we wouldn't get them as new survivors, we'd get them as skins for meg and feng

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

Maybe because survivors from our time are more familiar with the concept of slashers therefor would in a way get their goal more? Also i suppose the entity does pick older survivors as Talbot was a survivor prior to his capture.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options

I mean its a decent gap. The oldest survivor being laurie (1978), and the youngest being yun jin (2020/2021).