Why do killers hit me on death hook

Ok I don’t care if you play killer or survivor but can someone please explain to me why I get hit off death hook? I don’t do anything toxic like T-Bag, flashlight click or anything. If it’s because I spin around the killer avoiding the hit it’s not toxic I just don’t want to die...I feel like the more I stun the killer and dead hard pass them as they miss they get pissed at me or something and hit me ;-; I am not bragging or anything but I’m a rank 6 and I’m good but not the best...I just don’t get why. Is there something I didn’t know that is supposedly toxic? Like using DS, dead hard to run past them, stun them or blind them? I mean that is what those r for...

Comments

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369

There's two reasons I hit someone on the hook if I do.

1. I got annoyed with you and chased you for longer than I should have
    2. I don't want to listen to the screaming and hit you to interrupt the sound (This is the more common reason for me)
  • BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 464

tbh the dbd community is weird. Killers/Survivors tend to do things to the other side for the dumbest reason.

Lopped a killer well; prepare to get face camped, tunneled, and hit on hook multiple times.

Try to play fair as killer; trashtalked and tbagged at exit gate.

Of course this stuff doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen from time to time.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    edited April 2021

Is there something I didn’t know that is supposedly toxic?

Everything is toxic.

It doesn't matter if you are a killer or survivor you're playing toxic.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499

Because you scream in my ear when i hook you. Its my way of saying to shut it lol.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

They are asserting dominance.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

They're probably just mad that they have trouble getting someone, instead of taking their L they take their frustrations out on you. I've had this happen many times to me when playing survivor

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,171

Its just frustration and a translation of them saying "Ha! I finally got you, sucker!".

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Like others have said. Of they only hit you once and then leave it was probably just to silince the scream.

If they hit you multiple times it's just bm

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

its a pointless action that is used to invoke a negative reaction. basically, hes being a dik to you for no reason (unless you teabagged him, then you kinda deserve it). they could also just be trying to interrupt the scream but i dont know why you would do that unless you have some sort of hearing disease

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

For the same reason survivors click their flashlights or tbag. Because they can.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

The only times I do it is because I don't wanna hear the scream.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Whenever I do it, it's either to silence the scream or to BM the Survivor when they BM'd me (t-bagging, clicking ect ect)

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

I can only tell from my perspective: it's a big F you. Positive or negative, depends but it's just a big: FU - I hope you feel salty.

• RubiqRage
    RubiqRage Member Posts: 25

USally take it as a compliment the killer has been frustrated by your actions and spent too long trying to put you on a hook.. they are peeved and this is there way of saying they have finally got you... I have had this loads.. usually multiple hits whilst face camped.. dont take it personal.. they are showing your their version of tipping their hat to you.. lol

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

If you we're a serial juker which to me is effectively exploiting a movement mechanic, I will vent my displeasure on said survivor. Saying that, I don't hit them as my 2 mains have better methods. As trapper, I just stand in front of them and spam trap setting to earn BP, and as GF, I just do Mr Bean style zig zags in front of them. Sportsmen celebrate in front of the opposition fans/players, nothing wrong with celebrating a little victory :)

• PsyQuil77
    PsyQuil77 Member Posts: 130

I'll whack a survivor on hooking, usually as a means of making the LOOOOONG scream cut off sooner so I can hear if there's any grass rustling nearby. It does work, caught survivors trying to stealth for unhook like that in several matches last night.

It's not always about you, please remember that.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

If they hit you once, they're cutting off the scream.

If they hit you multiple times, they might be 1. BM'ing, 2. new players who think they're speeding up the process (not joking), 3. bored, 4. testing out a glitch with how the controls respond (I've done this a few times, because I'd swing to hit the survivor, and not only would my weapon hit them but I would turn 180 degrees without touching the thumbstick).

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Depends on the survivor, in my case. A quick smack shuts down the scream. Gives me a half second to listen for any hook bombing. Plus, some survivors sound like nails on a chalk board. Looking at you, Zarina.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Killers that smack on hooks are probably the same people t bag as survivors.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,436
    edited April 2021

Ok i don't care if you play survivor or killer but can someone please explain to me why i get teabagged all the time? I don't do anything toxic like camp, tunnel or anything. If it's because i moonwalk to get the hit, it's not toxic, i just want to land the hit. I feel like the more i hit survivors and use pop on the gens they have almost done, they get pissed at me or something and teabag me ;-; I am not bragging or anything but I'm a rank 6 rank 1 and I'm good but not the best...I just don't get why. Is there something i didn't know that is supposedly toxic? Like using Spirt fury, Enduring so that i can hit them through pallets easier? I mean that is what those r for...

• SMitchell8

The ones that literally spin as if they jumped onto a playground spinning wheel. Characters shouldn't be able to spin like that when juking, its ridiculous to go up against. Don't mind a bit of juking but the torvile and dean ones get on my nerves big time.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,485

If the killer hits me on hook i usually take that as a compliment that I looped them for long enough to make them miserable.

• Mr_K

Take it you play on console? That movement can be hit.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited April 2021

Most do it to BM honestly.

I only personally do it if I hate that specific survivors’ scream. I am looking daggers at you Elodie.

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434

To prove that auto aim still exist.

You will feel that when atk a survivor who start to flying.

• SMitchell8

Yeah

I literally have no issue with DS, noed, camping and tunnelling and the other dark arts, they're all aspects of the game I accept despite how annoying they can be, its just the 100% sensitivity spinners that I hate lol. I get them eventually, but i'm like Hades after I miss the first 2 or 3 shots as I know that they're probably laughing the heads off at me :)

• Mr_K

Instead of turning, try stepping back before swinging. Tapping swing instead of going for the full lunge works too, if they are close.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 284

Because they're BMing pieces of trash

• hardtimefun
    hardtimefun Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2021

If I do it, it pretty much means ######### you, either because you were annoying as hell to catch or becasue you tbagged and spammed the flashlight, there is always a reason, and again I do it rarely

• TheLegend130
    TheLegend130 Member Posts: 1

I play on mobile and today a legion did the same thing, i wasn't t bagging or anything, they had a cypress memento mori. I would loop around them so that's probs why they did it. If they downed 1 of us I guess they would go for another to hook at least 2... but we healed eachother left and right. I was last survivor and about to open the exit gate, but they still killed me. I main a killer, I get that it's kinda annoying, but nobody was toxic or anything, no swf, it's disappointing seeing players get mad just because they aren't... as good? Idk tbh.