Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I dont understand the devs

Global
Global Member Posts: 770

"camping is a strategy"

then why are you punishing people for doing it .-.

p.s the emblem penalty wont fix anything. if someone is camping they obviously dont care about rank.

Comments

• Global

@Khalednazari said:
    Camping is a strategy, but not when you camp when there are 5 gens remaining. This change will only affect killers, who don't do anything but camp. 

But it wont do anything. If someone is camping at 5 gens they dont care about rank enough to even think about tehir emblem.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Global said:

@Khalednazari said:
    Camping is a strategy, but not when you camp when there are 5 gens remaining. This change will only affect killers, who don't do anything but camp. 

But it wont do anything. If someone is camping at 5 gens they dont care about rank enough to even think about tehir emblem.

Which is good, since it will further reduce the chances of that kind of play at rank 1. As a killer, sometimes it's fine to camp and maintain pressure when you are being gen rushed. If you played well, and then decided to camp a little to maintain pressure, it won't affect you much. And most of the time, other survivors will swarm around the hooked guy. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Tsulan said:
    Khalednazari said:

So the penalty only applies when 5 gens are up?
    Good to know! 
    :angry:

The padawan has graduated to sarcasm master, I'm proud of you. 😁

• Global

@Khalednazari said:
    Global said:

@Khalednazari said:

Which is good, since it will further reduce the chances of that kind of play at rank 1. As a killer, sometimes it's fine to camp and maintain pressure when you are being gen rushed. If you played well, and then decided to camp a little to maintain pressure, it won't affect you much. And most of the time, other survivors will swarm around the hooked guy. 

Thats true but that doesnt null out camping like teh devs want it to. Sure lower ranks will be safe but those who camped there will just be in higher ranks which might not seem bad until they start getting down in ranks due to bad survivor play with a camping killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    Khalednazari said:

So the penalty only applies when 5 gens are up?
    Good to know! 
    :angry:

The padawan has graduated to sarcasm master, I'm proud of you. 😁

I really dislike the way the devs try to force certain playstyles. 
    Campers will camp even more, because they can avoid ranking up. Just as loopers which won't rank up and torment new players. 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited October 2018
    i think camping is fine, and its ridiculous that devs are penalizing it. gonna do it anyways for giggles
  • People that camp normally don't care about rank and are feeding off survivor salt :blush:

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Khalednazari said:

Also, the penalty will negate if there's a survivor in the 16m radius around the hook. High chances of that happening, unless you play like a jerk.

Camping is a strategy even if you camp at 5 gens, The devs have been pretty clear about this and no the emblem system wont affect those killers because they dont give a damn about rank.
    Actually, killers might start camping not to derank, ever thought about that? :lol:

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Camp, tunnel, whatever who cares. Just play the game and shut up already. Rank up for what? What reward?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

And how is it gonna work when the gates are open and you are near the hook to secure a kill?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@HellDescent said:
    And how is it gonna work when the gates are open and you are near the hook to secure a kill?

I would just play how you normally play and wait to see if it affects you.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

agreed. since i hit rank 1, i just Magpie every game. If i die, cool.if not cool. Personally, Ive found that the devs don't give survivors enough to do and force the killer's hand 90%of the time. You either camp, tunnel or slug, or you as a killer will have a hard time at higher ranks.

So I've made it a personal goal to get a Magpie screenshot with every killer. It passes the time :)

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

@Khalednazari said:

Also, the penalty will negate if there's a survivor in the 16m radius around the hook. High chances of that happening, unless you play like a jerk.

can't wait to see killers "emblamstomped" by survivors orbiting around 20 meters from the hook wile the killer must defend the only hook he got in the entire match at low ranks... ochido&co will have a great time

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Honestly, I feel this is just a placebo change for Survivors. It wont change anything, and its just saying "Look! We did something about camping!". 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    This isnt going to amount to anything... players will only use this to derank faster... theres always going to be that player that is playing to ruin another experience.. those who actually care about rank and doing well will not camp either way punishment or not...
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Implement a rank tracking system to see if they hit purple/red ranks and make it once you hit them cannot depip past rank10 and rank 5
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Should have implemented a point reduction of the Sacrifice on the Survivor similar to the 500 safe unhook if the chase emblem degrades too much.

Killers will just use it to derank, it's not much of a deterent.