Would you like to have an individual rank for each killer?

Hiralex
Hiralex Member Posts: 10

Title.

Comments

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited April 2021

Yup. Having that would encourage me to do rituals on old killers more. Hell, I'd probably be inclined to prestige them all.

Only thing that really transfers over is the looping mind-games. The nuances of the powers don't all transfer over as well. Killer's power really defines what parts of the game they are strong in, but other areas they are weak in. I, as a Doc main, am not really that good in the seeking department because his power more or less finds people for me. I haven't developed things like learning to predict where on the map people are going to run like the multi-killer players do simply because doc's power tells me where people are at all times. And tricks I learned on Hutress didn't always work on Deathslinger, and so forth.

Not to mention when you are REALLY USED to a killer, moving to another one of differing height or even a different weapon can really throw off your sense of distance. I noticed this when I was playing Oni for a bit - I kept overestimating my lunge distance due to how high he stands, If anything, trying to catch up killers I've missed the past few chapters have taught me I still have much to learn about being a well-balanced player - I'm severely lacking in several areas. Thus I'd be grateful if I was judged separately on each killer.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

Yes, it will be more easier to learn a killer, I love pyramid but I dont play him cause Im still bad at playing him and against red ranks survivors I dont learn anything.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

No

Quit clubbing baby seals

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Yes. You can show who you're best with and without but make it so you can't go back past Rank 10.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

It will be a good idea if the matchmaking worked well. When you are green rank killer you already go against red ranks...

• worriedfeng03
    worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82

I've always wanted to see what your success rate is for each character. For instance each of my survivors have a unique perk build that I for the most part I don't share with the other survivors so I'd love to see which survivors I get the most escapes with!!

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

No. I think the smurfing potential is way too high. Even if matchmaking is already kinda borked, I wouldn't want to make it even worse.

• Mineguy
    Mineguy Member Posts: 318

That's not necessarily because the Mmr system is coming in the future who excectly is taking care of this problem.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

That's basically what the MMR system will have..it should have a "base" level shared between killers, and a "killer specific" level that depends on how well you can play that specific killer

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

Most certainly. I’m rank 11 and unless I want to have constant losses when trying new killers I’m stuck with my same killers. Cause all I get is red ranks so no go for trying new killers. I tried the Spirit finally, didn’t understand her power at all and got no feel for her, and got stomped easily. Makes me not want to pick up her again.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Yes! I'm a better Legion or Huntress than I am any other killer, so I hate getting put against people who are at my Legion level when I'm struggling like a dumb idiot baby on a killer I don't know how to play like Billy or Bubba.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

That's how MMR is going to work, to some extent. Some skills are common to all killers, though, so I'm guessing the devs will take that into account.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Yes. Id like to be a purple rank trapper for example. I'm pretty good with trapper up until purple ranks usually. Would be a good way to learn a new killer, starting at lower ranks.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

With MMR, that should take make the matchmaking better. They can always give a certain amount of points for each new killer so its not a complete shitshow.