Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stop giving killers pity hits at the exit gates.

2»

Comments

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    edited April 2021

I've had it a few times where they bodied me, waited at the exit to teabag, acted like they were going to give a free hit and then as I took the bait they walked out. Every time someone is acting like they're giving me a free hit I feel like they're just making fun of me, like if I walk over there they'll leave.

Sure I lost, but I'm not a dancing monkey for you and your friends to laugh hysterically at.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

>Not exactly. Many times survivors who are injured take advantage and heal for points or they may have a challenge. So it isn't always about the killer at all.

Maybe that, but in the light of this discussion, we're talking about HEALTHY survivors staying in exit gates.

>My point is in that getting a 3k still means you've won. So getting that 4th person and slugging at that just to make sure they don't get hatch makes zero sense unless you actually have a challenge or something.

3k isn't a full victory. It is like a second place. Still cool, but not good enough.

Also, "etting that 4th person and slugging at that just to make sure they don't get hatch makes zero sense unless you actually have a challenge or something." it makes sense if I want to win.

My win condition is to kill 4 survivors, not 3.

If the game is designed the way that getting last survivor is either hoping you'll power through at least 2 colossal second chances they get just because they were least ######### out of the bunch or slugging, then I'll preffer slugging because I don't want to play a rigged gamble which isn't rigged in my favour despite me being the one who actually won.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Profezia

The OP never specifiied scenarios, they only said "Survivors at exit gates", so therefore I am giving you a specific scenario where a killer might think survivors do not want to leave, when in fact they just want heal points and not to give the killer a "hit".

A 3k isn't second place. It is a win. If you think it's 4 then that is your own personal win condition, not by the game standards.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Yup, if it was just a bad match for me and they were not toxic I'll go get the free hits but if they were tbaging or clicking flashlights all game then I'll just afk

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

"by game standarts" what are those btw? I don't remember 3k being specified anywhere as a complete victory.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Profezia

Because a 2k is the average the devs want, which means that a 3k is above that.

You are slugging for a 4th person, meaning you want the extra points. Same with people who are waiting at the exit gates, whether it'd be for altruism or boldness points. Not necessary but more of a luxury.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,178

I see it as the DBD equivilant of a handshake and gg. Sure, it's done woth the survivor coming out on top, but they don't have to waste their time for you to hit them.

Take it as a compliment, yet if they are dicks just see it as getting out the gqme sooner by chasing them out. The real dicks will wait until the very end of EGC before they scurry off.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Me at the exit gate.

Actually jk, I'll usually let them hit me twice unless they're an insta down killer. And never leave at the last second instead of letting them get a hit which a LOT of people do. Meanies

Though, I can understand if the killer was scummy and camped/tunneled hard but yeah, for the most part I see nothing wrong with giving killers free hits at the exit gates. Same with survivors healing each other for altruism points etc

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Speak for yourself I love pity hits when i'm playing a killer for the daily challenges that i'm not good with

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Also you ever heard of blood warden? Its a very nice perk to have when you down someone when all the gens are done. Open gates, hook survivor, profit. If you wanna try make it even better bring NOED I guess.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    edited April 2021

No, because I always use wglf and if I get two stacks there it could be upwards of 12,000 bloodpoints.

Teabagging and bming at the gate is a different thing. I'm disgusted when I see a random that got out with me teabagging someone that didn't play like a douche. If the killer was a tunneling sweatlord tho, screw him in that case.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Survivor, do not listen to OP. I want the extra tiny amount of benefit I get from it.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Ignore them. If you know they're at the gates, go break pallets or walls instead. Waste their time while you get something out of it.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

I really dont. It just makes the match take longer before I can try again and do better. that egc is like 2 minutes of hell

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

It takes a few seconds longer. I am willing to take that in favor of an extra free hit.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I don't mind it. It gives me a bit more points, maybe helps me get my WGLF stacks when I'm playing as survivor and it usually can mean the difference between pipping and safety. Also, you get rewarded MORE for ending chases quickly rather than a long chase as killer. You get rewarded more as survivor for long chases so it's actually helping you pip.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I'm liking the idea of running around break walls and pallets for points though, that seems like a good way to spend EGC time if I'm not in a hurry to chase somebody out.

I'm pretty chill about spanking people out the door though. I'll sometimes just toss ranged attacks for practice when it's the last couple people. Or if I'm Myers, moonwalk across the entrance for lols.

Have fun with it, that's what you're here for right? Disarm their behavior by showing you don't give a rip.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

2 minutes is pretty much nothing.

I remember the times before EGC where you HAD to force them out or waste a lot more time otherwise.

Just grab something to eat/drink,watch a video etc. while waiting for them to leave.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

Idk I think it's nice

• Danoobiel
    Danoobiel Member Posts: 132

Honestly I'd appreciate if survs would. Just. Leave.

Please stop trolling and wasting my time, thanks.

I wish Bloodwarden wouldn't be utter trash.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

Woah buddy. No need to get personal. Again, it's not like you're phisically incapable of going to the gate and kicking them out. You're just being petty if you don't want to.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

I personally appreciate it. Extra bp? Why not?

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

Often if I've been outplayed and I know they are just waiting at the gates to teabag, I will just go and chill somewhere until they leave and do something on my phone for a bit. If they want to waste their time, they can.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

It's never about the pity. They want to show off and tell you: nananah, you didn't get me! Haha!

So basically, just let them wait there and you watch netflix.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

"almost everyone thinks it's disrespectful."

Free BP? How could those survivors do this!? Giving killers BP is so toxic!