Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

HSHS Will Add Licensed Survivors and Killers?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I know that the question is silly and illogical right now, but now I think that this game will be the new Dead by Daylight competition, so far a large number of the DbD community has played this game and I doubt that if Home Sweet Home: Survive succeeds, will it add licensed characters just like Dead by Daylight does? I mean, in HSHS they are cataloged as Survivors and Specters and I think my doubt is something crazy but will this ever happen if it is successful?

Comments

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483
    edited April 2021

Can't rule it out, but I'd be surprised if it got to the same level as dbd. Realistically, I don't know much about HSHS but from what I've gathered, it's pretty much just a different dbd. Of course it's probably got different mechanics and objectives, but all in all dbd has a 5(?) year headstart and many licenses already in place that continue to attract new players. If I was looking at both of these games without having played either of them, based on gameplay videos and characters included, I'd hands down pick dbd - of course, that's just me but I think a lot of people would agree.

If HSHS puts up solid competition against dbd (and I desperately hope it does despite my doubts that it will) I believe it'll be more from people seeking an alternative to dbd than new players rushing in to try HSHS

Edit: wow, I got carried away and didn't even answer the question... I could see them going for licensed killers once they become established, but not before. Licenses seem more likely to be included in already established products or new, unique products - to me, HSHS is neither of those quite yet

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

They already have added a licensed character.

However the license is from the Eastern area so the western audience probably wouldn't recognize them or really care about them being in the game.