Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How does the matchmaking work on this game?

I had a question about the current matchmaking system in this game. Based on what does it group killers and survivors together exactly? I figured it would be based on your experience in the game (player rank), but it seems I get matched against survivors in red ranks pretty much every match even though I am only killer rank 14. I don't mind 'losing' as much as I do, but I do wonder how the matchmaking in this game actually works because I've not really found any logic to it just yet. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    Answer ✓

It should be rank based. Plus/minus 8 ranks is the theoretical threshold/goal.

BUT this isn’t working at all, as have the devs acknowledged. They are working on a new matchmaking system using a separate hidden rank that calculates your skill based on parameters they won’t reveal. They have made some tests on the live servers already. No confirmation when this will go live though.

Answers

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

It doesn't

• Wish2Die4U
    Wish2Die4U Member Posts: 12

Ah, that's good to know then. I was getting really confused as to why I kept being matched up with red ranks, but a broken matchmaking would explain that. Thank you for your answer, I'll just plow through the savage beatdowns until they change the matchmaking then or get good enough in the meantime to compete 😂

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

The way the current system (supposedly) works is that it tries to match with players close to your current rank, the longer you match for, the wider the range of acceptable ranks you can be matched with is.