Not really happy with the new iri huntress add-ons

rha
rha Member Posts: 418

As someone who loves playing huntress ... I had hopes for her add-on rework. If you're showcasing those two add-ons because you think these are the most exciting ones, I really don't want to see the others.

New Iri Head: my issue with that is not even whether it's still broken/unfair or not e.g. for close up hatchets (didn't use old IHs and won't use new ones), it's more that I consider it poor and lazy design if any two add-ons of every killer can be combined (at least I don't know any existing exceptions), and suddenly you come up with the single add-on in the whole game that can't be used in certain combination. If a combination is broken, I'd rather like to see the effect of one add-on changed entirely or in a way that still allows all combinations. Perhaps I shouldn't care because I still won't use it. It's just sad that of all killers, huntress gets this.

Soldier's Puttee: sorry, but if that makes it live I'll consider it to be the worst add-on in the entire game. I play a killer to use his power. I expect add-ons to increase the power or to enable different play styles still unique to the killer. An add-on (particularly an iridescent one) that encourages giving up your power and playing huntress as a trapless trapper to get sufficient value from it considering it's an ultra rare one? What? Really? Why would I want to waste bloodpoints on that?

I know this has been requested often. I was against this. As a compromise, I could imagine that such an add-on - should it be made - should perhaps have a timer of 10-15 seconds so that it can be used to get faster to the next locker to reload hatchets and get your power back quicker, but wouldn't allow you to play the rest of the match like a powerless M1 killer.

Most killers have much more creative iridescents, it's so sad huntress won't get any.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about this. I don't expect that anything will change, just had to express my disappointment. Thanks for reading.