Do you people realise what is about to happen?

Lucky break is about to get a buff that when combined with iron will allows survivors to just dissapear when they get hit. Which will be very problamatic.

Thankfully killers have a perk that will mitigate some of the shenanigans from this perk that being spies from the shadow.

Which brings us to the next logical conclusion. Yes, you heard it here first folks. Calm spirit will become meta!

When they put it as only perk in the shrine last year's april fools we were all laughing. But who's laughing now?

Comments

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

Even with spies from the shadows being a counter, most would rather complain about having to waste a slot for a perk that some consider "Sub Par" (Imo information is key, as a huntress main I run it just because it gives me an idea where I can throw hatchets) even though its a good "Counterplay option".. I mean, I've seen people run Adrenaline, Poised, Babysitter, and Distortion all in one package. Plenty of disappearing, but it's not really hard to get back on track of them. I'm curious how the new stuff will play out. I already have a bad time with Claudette's who play Blendett lol.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

Lucky Break is going to be great on dense maps, even without Iron Will. The distance you gain just from taking a hit is going to enable you to completely disappear.

We'll see how frustrating it is from the killer's POV, but I have a feeling after the initial excitement of the buff dies down, it wont be as problematic as people anticipate. Many high-tier players want to be chased, so they're not likely to keep this in rotation all that often. I think this perk will find a place with stealthy survivors who aren't all that confident in their looping ability and need more ways to lose the killer until they can learn how to chain loops together.

I wouldnt be surprised if Lucky Break, Iron Will, Calm Spirit, and Self-Care is the go-to combo for new players looking to get the killer off their backs.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Sounds like Hillbilly won’t have any issues with Lucky Break.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I run calm spirit nearly every game. It's seriously underrated imo

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yeah, i don't think it will really be a problem. It will be strong but mostly against the higher tier killers. The strongest part of it will be losing your first chase leaving you without any momentum all match

For spirit and nurse it's very strong. But for killers like bubba and billy with insta downs it shouldn't matter much. Legion doesn't wipe their weapon after a hit with frenzy so good luck dissapearing against them. Quite a few killers also have aura reading with some of their addons which will completly butcher this 2 perk combo.

It's really strong but against the right killers to be strong against. An actually interresting change imo

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

Iron will, dead hard, resilience users just don't exist eh

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

I think it MIGHT be too strong, but this whole doomsday theory that every survivor is going to vanish into the ether after being hit once is a bit exaggerated.

You'll still see them zoom off in front of you and chase after them and still probably get LOS on them in most maps. If you win that chase their entire perk is just gone. They are banking an entire perk on losing a chase one time, which is it's intended purpose. That and if you are the first survivor found to maybe give you some reprieve if you pull it off.

It might be too strong with iron will, and maybe it needs a change there because it works too well for the duration of it together, we can find out over the next few days but this doom saying because you saw a scott jund video or whatever really is just silly.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

You are absolutely silly if you anyone is going to drop the second chance perks

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I can see people running Lucky Break and Iron Will but not adding Calm Spirit on top of that. Just because you want to be able to use other perks.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Calm Spirit is currently bugged. It doesn’t suppress location notifications when screams are suppressed.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Only if 3 different people are all doing different gens at once.

• TheClownIsKing

If you can’t be found, you don’t need second chances.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,487

I guess, but I meant specifically while in the injured state.

You are right, however.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021

It deactivates if you are put into dying state, so how does that work?

Edit: Okay I see. It means it pauses, great description work behavior lol.

The perk words it this way:

I had to go look up gameplay with it real quick just to be sure.

• TheClownIsKing

That’s what I meant sorry. It doesn’t stop bleeding in the dying state, so it deactivates and pauses the timer.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021

No it's not your fault man, I was just reading the perk description and going off that because I never really bothered using the perk before tbh. The description it gives is just not worded the best and it confused me.

• JCZ
    JCZ Member Posts: 57

There is no doubt in my mind that Calm Spirit will NOT become meta unless it was buffed in another way somehow

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021

edit: nvm

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The recent map reworks really hurt the ability of stealth survivors, so i like another option to do it even on those maps.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

yeah buuuut thats not how it will work for 99% of the cases and for 99% of the players aka it wont change the meta per definition

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It will become new meta perk. It really sounds a bit OP.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,218

Nah, a normal trial is:

One person being chased.

One Claudette nearby who THINKS she's being chased.

One person looking for Ruin.

One person working a gen.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Oh, I'm well aware I have vastly different trials to most. But it doesn't change the fact that my norm is buckets of sweat thanks to my region and the time I play at.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Meanwhile, hshs

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

1 character too short

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

HSHS map is quite 2 dimensional. When you see a team mate dies, you can totally tell where Killer coming, because there is only 2 path to your location and 1 is really far from other. Unlike DBD maps is a square, Killer can go from unexpected direction.

Beside, HSHS objective is really active, requires survivors to keep running (to find key items). Because of the map design & objective design (combine with 32m TR), there are many times you search survivor on a Gen and see no one there.

HSHS, Killer can easily find survivors, but survivors are also easily able to break LoS and hide.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

LB is here for all the Shift+W Gamers Delight.

The boost from getting hit is enough for survivors to activate LB+ IW, cut a corner, slow down into a Locker and Killer has nothing, 0 momentum, no info where to go next and grabbing someone from the locker will be a pure guess. LB+ Sprint Burst makes this even better, LB+Q&Q makes this better aswell. Killer can counter with Iron Maiden but by the time the Survivor decides to leave the locker the killer has moved somewhere else so the Iron Maiden info is useless on that survivor's location and it's even more useless since the survivor will still have LB active thus killer can't go back and find survivor. Whispers will let you know someone is in that area but it will only help mostly in 1v1 endgame situations. If i were to guess an experienced survivor will make use of LB+IW+Resilience+ whatever. stay injured, stay invisible, be more efficient.

If i were to guess for killers i can expect 1 shot killers to rise in popularity, especially Bubba and Myers but Myers needs to stalk so Myers will double down on Slowdown perks, so Myers will be using Corrupt and Ruin+Undying non stop and most likely BBQ or Infectious will be the 4th perk with Dead Rabbit and J.Myers Memorial or Hairbow or Infinite tier 3. But Myers is too tall and easy to see in most cases so the 4th survivor perk can be Sprint Burst or SpineChill or Q&Q and hide in a locker. It would be highly unlikely that Myers would use Iron Maiden based on his power so lockers would be safe most of the time. So Myers can counter LB by not injuring and doing 1 shots but 1 survivor alone can waste so much of Myers time while he tries to get stalk that the whole team benefits early on. Ghostface gets destroyed by SpineChill cause eventually you'll have to be up close to make use of your mark and his recharge is so long that if he gets discovered before fully stalking he has lost the match. Billy's only problem is indoor maps i think, correct me if i'm wrong. Doctor is safe and fine for the most part. BEWARE OF PLAGUE AND HAG.

So what of everyone else? Trapper is just as useless, Wraith will only work with All Seeing, Nurse Fatigue means goodbye survivor, Spirit is nulified, can't chase sound or scratch marks anymore, The Depipster is screwed, Clown needs 1 shot addon, Legion is screwed after chainning hits, Blight will pinball to nowhere, Gunslinger is screwed he has less range than Huntress so it doesn't matter if you see pixels far away, missing as Huntress will be worse than ever, Freddy will suffer as everyone else, Pig will need RBT's to do more work but getting them on survivors will be harder cause no 1 shot downs, Demo needs to 3 gen but if he can't 3 gen then ....next, Oni will only have blood but even then it will take time and survivors can cross paths and make you undecided on where to go, PH will need massive reads to hit people and The Twins are just as screwed.

This is just how i see it, i honestly don't even feel like trying the PTB at all cause i know everyone is gonna abuse LB and i know there won't be changes from PTB to live update so there's no point. The fact LB will be this strong in PTB means there's no testing done, we're the LabRats.