The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Simple key rework

stikyard
stikyard Member Posts: 526
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't know what the devs are planning, some major rework or purpose of keys?

I think a simple solution is to make keys only accessible "in game".

If you happen to find one in a chest, fair game. It could make chest perks more valuable as well and, wouldn't require major rework.

I guess if you were really lucky you could pull a key with the addon not to lose it.

If doors were more than breakable walls for the killer, that would be nice too.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Keys aren't the problem. Hatch is.

• Eralo
    Eralo Member Posts: 11

Problem is that there's a big conflict in the game, it's at the same time a good idea as it offers funny things and an escape for the last survivor (so you don't want to ######### because ''that one is lost, next''), and at the same time it's frustrate the killer that feels like he deserve his kill, and he just didn't got lucky to find hatch first.

Without even talking about keys, there's a problem. Then you put keys in that: you can open the hatch and make a full squad escape. The generator condition is great as it prevents too many survivors escaping soon. But you can already do some insane things, especially when grouped up with someone that uses the map addon.

Let's say there's two survivors left. The hatch has spawned if they have 2 or less generators to do. Then they can just ingore objectives, stay hidden and go along the map for 3 minutes looking for the hatch. Unless you play doctor, you can't really do anything just than wait or find and camp hatch (wich should not exist anymore because it's fun for no one). That's just one specific situation, there's plenty of others where keys just look dumb.

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

I read somewhere a recommendation that keys should take a couple seconds to open the hatch I think that's s good start