"Nurse Requires Skill"

I hear so often about how the reason the Nurse is so viable is because she has such a high skill ceiling compared to other killers, and while i have to agree with that I also argue that she has a low skill floor (i believe this is the correct term), You do not have to be a master at the nurse to do well with her, you just have to understand how to use her. I don't believe the nurse requires more skill to use than a huntress, a billy, or a doctor.

Comments

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Yeah, sometimes I think the "easy, moderate, hard" ratings in the game are misleading.

Leatherface is really hard to play with against good survivors since he is so straightforward, but against bad survivors, he is super easy.

I do better against good survivors with Myers, who is more complicated, but easier to succeed with once you understand his mechanics.

Anyway, nurse is similar to Myers for me, which makes sense. Learning a complex mechanic should be rewarding.

Then again....Billy lol

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Na I kinda disagree. The reason why you do well as a mediocore Nurse player is mostly because there are many survivors out there, that can't handle her well or just aren't so good in general. I mean I do many mistake against a nurse by myself. But still i can avoid her hits or trick some Nurse players into a pallet stun, while others on red Rank fall like flies. And I would say I'm not super good survivor in general.
    The only questionable thing might be Nurse with certain AddOn-Combos. I've barely tried to play with them. Prefer other killers like LF or Wraith tbh. So I can't say how it is to play her on a regular Basis. I can only tell it's a lot about thinking where a Survivor will be etc. And that requires experience.
    On the other hand. There is a good skill or game understanding which all the other killers require in comparison to the Nurse. Mostly because she ignores Elements like vaults and palletes.
    While with other killers you kinda have to learn how to handle with them, when survivors use them. What's mindgamable. What's safe. When can I throw as huntress, chainsaw as Billy etc.
    Stuff that a Nurse only player never learns. Because they don't need to learn them. Still she is a killer you need to get into. And even after you learned how to blink, then there is much more to learn in sense of game knowledge and usability, while other killers might rely more on survivor mistakes than her.
    So I would say that she requires skill. There is more besides learning to master her ability. Maybe people overestimate the gap a little bit. But it requires skill for a Nurse to stand a chance against good survivors.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Its mostly muscle memory and getting the timing right, as far as I know (I dont play her). This is why Nurse players tend to say stuff like "add-ons cripple her", because they affect the time required to hold and let to. She is hard to pick up, but not because she is difficult, but rather because she needs practice.
  • KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

@Freudentrauma said:
    Na I kinda disagree. The reason why you do well as a mediocore Nurse player is mostly because there are many survivors out there, that can't handle her well or just aren't so good in general. I mean I do many mistake against a nurse by myself. But still i can avoid her hits or trick some Nurse players into a pallet stun, while others on red Rank fall like flies. And I would say I'm not super good survivor in general.
    The only questionable thing might be Nurse with certain AddOn-Combos. I've barely tried to play with them. Prefer other killers like LF or Wraith tbh. So I can't say how it is to play her on a regular Basis. I can only tell it's a lot about thinking where a Survivor will be etc. And that requires experience.
    On the other hand. There is a good skill or game understanding which all the other killers require in comparison to the Nurse. Mostly because she ignores Elements like vaults and palletes.
    While with other killers you kinda have to learn how to handle with them, when survivors use them. What's mindgamable. What's safe. When can I throw as huntress, chainsaw as Billy etc.
    Stuff that a Nurse only player never learns. Because they don't need to learn them. Still she is a killer you need to get into. And even after you learned how to blink, then there is much more to learn in sense of game knowledge and usability, while other killers might rely more on survivor mistakes than her.
    So I would say that she requires skill. There is more besides learning to master her ability. Maybe people overestimate the gap a little bit. But it requires skill for a Nurse to stand a chance against good survivors.

Im a good survivor, and a very good killer. Nurse is probably my 4th favorite killer to play and my main is huntress. I disagree with you. A half decent nurse can absolutely tear apart a group of good survivors. Especially when you throw on an extra blink or two.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

@Attackfrog said:
    Yeah, sometimes I think the "easy, moderate, hard" ratings in the game are misleading.

Leatherface is really hard to play with against good survivors since he is so straightforward, but against bad survivors, he is super easy.

I do better against good survivors with Myers, who is more complicated, but easier to succeed with once you understand his mechanics.

Anyway, nurse is similar to Myers for me, which makes sense. Learning a complex mechanic should be rewarding.

Then again....Billy lol

Jump Scare Myers is so underrated and SO much fun to play. When you pull 6 people off gens in one game its a really good feeling. I don't even need to kill anybody. I already know at least ONE person ######### themselves :chuffed:

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Man then a dude like me who has never touched nurse can hop on the game and be Marth88 skill level with her... this is great to know ive been intentionally avoiding her since I'm on ps4 and its almost next to impossible to play her..... anyone can hop on doc and do well... players actually have to learn nurse in order to actually hit someone 
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@KillJiggy said:

@Freudentrauma said:

Im a good survivor, and a very good killer. Nurse is probably my 4th favorite killer to play and my main is huntress. I disagree with you. A half decent nurse can absolutely tear apart a group of good survivors. Especially when you throw on an extra blink or two.

I play all killers + survivor equally.
    Nurse is extremely hard to play on rank 1 for me.
    You constantly get outplayed and you basically need a lot of training before being viable with her.
    But when you invested a good amount of hours in her, she can be devastating.

You have to really concentrate to play her good though.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Probably the hardest part of the Nurse is teleporting effectively in I guess trick shot situations.
    Going where you can't see. Hitting once you get there.

Or maybe I'm just over complicating her.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

@KillJiggy said:

@Freudentrauma said:

That's the thing though. I main nurse at rank 1 without add-on or ruin and I can only say this. She as in her base kit i.e. 2 blinks and limited range is well balanced. Its the 2+ blinks and omega blinks which can make even a semi decent nurse look god like. IMHO, 2+ blinks should be very rare as it basically lowers the skill cap needed for nurse and range add-on shouldn't be stack-able. That's all the nerf/rework she needs (if she needs any). Nurse is strong, super strong but not OP.

PS; I lol'd at your mentioning of Billy in the main post. Don't get me wrong, I main Billy too but honestly he isn't hard to learn. Yes, the sprint takes some learning and the chainsaws too but its nowhere close to learning nurse, huntress or hag. Devs labeling him as 'easy' holds good in my opinion.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

since i play the nurse, no one make me tbag again. If they do, i fist them on the hook.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    kimukipi said:

@KillJiggy said:

@Freudentrauma said:

That's the thing though. I main nurse at rank 1 without add-on or ruin and I can only say this. She as in her base kit i.e. 2 blinks and limited range is well balanced. Its the 2+ blinks and omega blinks which can make even a semi decent nurse look god like. IMHO, 2+ blinks should be very rare as it basically lowers the skill cap needed for nurse and range add-on shouldn't be stack-able. That's all the nerf/rework she needs (if she needs any). Nurse is strong, super strong but not OP.

PS; I lol'd at your mentioning of Billy in the main post. Don't get me wrong, I main Billy too but honestly he isn't hard to learn. Yes, the sprint takes some learning and the chainsaws too but its nowhere close to learning nurse, huntress or hag. Devs labeling him as 'easy' holds good in my opinion.

New here. Played for the 1st time nurse and Billy this weekend. I think she is way too easy to play with, I learned quite well the timing for the blinks after a few times in a single game but Billy? I'm... Ashamed lmao Lately I've seen so many prestige Billy that I really want to learn how to play that killer but yikes.