Should the Devs add a random/stealth mode?

I previously did a post regarding some of the issues players can face when being streamed without their knowledge or consent. While most of the streamers remain respectful of the players they're in the match with, some streamers degrade other players openly and make a display of someone else's bad game play/skill. Console players aren't able to change their tag names as easily as PC players can, so they may not be completely anonymous (many people reuse their gamer tags on other platforms like Twitter or Instagram which can give away their real-life identities).

As a solution to this, the devs could add something like a stealth or random mode. This mode can be checked in the settings menu. When this mode is enabled, your name will be hidden in the lobby, in-game, and post match lobby. Your name would be replaced with the character's name and some random number (ex. Jeff1234 or Huntress5678). When in the post-match lobby, if this mode is enabled, there will be no link to your profile (Steam or console profile).

I think implementing something like this would spare a lot of people from being harassed. Also, if you happen to be on someone's stream, you're guaranteed to remain anonymous if you wish.

As a side note, do you think there should be a setting to disable/hide the post-game chat? As a console player, I don't have to put up with this but I've seen a lot of people complain about it.

Comments

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356

The idea sounds well-intentioned, but an “anonymous” mode for end-game chat just sounds like something people could use to be massively toxic and not be tracked for it.

also may as well add an option to disable the chat beforehand since they’ve already put a filter on it :v

• blackfoxx_x
    blackfoxx_x Member Posts: 68

The devs could keep logs of the player's actual tag. If they were reported, they could just look up the log to find their actual tag to do what they need to do.