Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Using mouse and gamepad controls simultaneously causes massive performance drops.

whatsgoingon
whatsgoingon Member Posts: 21
edited August 2023 in Bug Reporting

I have this issue on PC, and it only began happening after 4.6.0 release.

One day, a long time ago, my keyboard died, so I began using a particular control scheme to play Dead by Daylight. I controlled movement with a controller joystick and camera controls with mouse. Rebound a few lost actions to make it all work. And it did. It worked amazingly. The game functioned flawlessly which was honestly impressive considering how many games can't handle receiving inputs from two different control schemes at once, and many outright disable this from even happening by forcing you to select one or the other in the settings.

However, after Chapter XIX came with version 4.6.0, attempting to using a mouse and a controller simultaneously causes frame rates to drop significantly.

Reproducing this issue is easy. Just connect a controller and try walking and looking around at the same time. This occurs every time as long as the game is receiving inputs from both the controller and the mouse at the same time.

This problem never occurred on any release version before 4.6.0. I don't know if it happened on the PTB but I'm sure it did because while I can't be completely certain, I have a feeling this issue arose from Trickster having different recoil stats depending on if you're playing with a KB+M or Gamepad.

Post edited by Mandy on
6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

This discussion has been closed.