The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This game is scary without spine chill.

Does anyone else feel a true sense of horror, when they don't run spine chill. Because whenever I play survivor. To me spine chill is a must. If not I feel scared, as whenever I have my spine chill I just run to the nearest gen and start working on it. I literality feel no fear If a stealthy killer is coming since I will know. But today I did not have not spine chill, since I did not have it unlocked for Feng, and I played more timid, I would look around and play more carefully. I actually felt scared of who the killer would be. I would look around, since I did not want to get jumped by a stealthy killer.

Comments

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    edited April 2021

No, I feel annoyance.

Horror requires some essence of suspense.

To me there is no horror in holding M1, and then suddenly I am just taking a health level state or getting yanked off a generator. It is incredible how fast some killers can bypass the terror radius, or have it there for a second or two.

Just sitting there opening the chest in front of you, not a care in the world, then suddenly OMGWTFBBQ argle bargle RAAAAWR!

INCOMING ROARING BILLY WITH THE INSTADOWN OUTTA NOWHERE!

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

When I first stopped using Spine Chill? Yeah, I get it.

But Spine Chill is a crutch perk. It's useful for stealth killers, but besides that, it builds bad habits, and you don't learn to be aware of your surroundings.

After you stop running it for a while, you'll learn to pick safer spots and keep a better lookout.

• Crazziiboi97
    Crazziiboi97 Member Posts: 11

Yes that’s exactly what I feel which is why I run spinechill. Well not true horror like stress especially if it’s a stealth killer like a jump scare isn’t true horror but a reaction I rather not have in my living room

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

I mean.....when I had sub 100 hours? Sure.

You play any game for longer than that it's rare you get scared of anything lol.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Yep I don't look around unless I see my spine chill activate. Overall though the bonus it gives make the perk top tier for me. You are right in the sense you get overused to it. But I feel when I have spine chill, I have no care. I play more reckless. Since I already know if the killer is coming. It removes the element of fear for stealthy killers.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I played this game for 1000+ hours and I still run spine chill in all my survivor builds. And to this day I still get scared of playing without spine chill. More towards the stealthy killers such as Myers, and wraith, and ghost face. I don't want to get jump scared.