Anything being done about these afk killers?

Here is just a small video of an example I have personally. This exists for several months and the general idea is that 3 out of 12-15 matches are always like this: there is a killer dude staying afk since the first second of the match doing practically nothing. Some of them trigger their weapon attacks while other killers just stay still not attacking at all.

Not sure if I should report them or not, but this is just as bad as playing against hackers. It's not even funny or entertaining, just a waste of time with little-to-no effort. And I feel like they are using some kind of bot software.

Comments

• Raptoriutz
    Raptoriutz Member Posts: 24

It doesn't matter if it's a specific killer or map, it can be anything and anyone and this thing happends a lot.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

At least you can farm objectives

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yes, that's right but this is clearly botting. Friendly killers tend to find you and do dumb stuff with you never killing anyone.

It's not bannable as long as you don't over do it, for example you force a farming game in 100% of your matches, at that point it might become bannable.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

you have to click the quote button on the bottom of someones message for them to get a notification that you responded to them

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

They're either deranking or they're farming iri shards, or both. It's happened for years but nothing gets done about it.

The best you can hope for is one that's swinging and then you can farm points healing each other, then do gens together and look for totems and move onto the next match and you should at least pip and get something out of the match.

• Kebek

Killer not moving besides hitting M1 the whole match is exactly how botting looked in DBD since 2016, people beiing banned for it about the same.

If you don't move whole match, you're afk which is bannable anyway. Hitting M1 the whole time doesn't mean you're playing the game so it still counts as AFKing.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Survivors get to suicide on hooks if they don't like the map/killer. Killers don't have that option. This is the answer.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

If she was by a window/pallet I'd say trying to do the tome challenge of hitting survivors near those 10 times in one match - easier to get done by having survivors come to you and run into your hits than it is to chase and miss hits. Since no pallet I can see could just be a killer that hates the map and didn't want to eat a DC penalty or just trying to grind out rest of rift without effort.

You can report if you want - personally I don't report afk killers since I can just bust out gens and leave, they don't ruin my time like a hacking killer or survivor working with killer.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,202

BHVR has already said multiple times that if you're AFK for emergencies that's one thing-- they understand, but to go AFK on the regular is a bannable offense. So, if you have multiple reports against you over multiple games by different players, then you might get a ban. I report AFK wraiths all the time. Takes a few seconds. Whether BHVR does anything about it is up to them. I'll do my part tho.

• Kebek

AFKing is bannable as it's purposeful not participating in normal gameplay. It's just not as bannable as botting is since AFKing can sometimes have a good reason behind it unlike botting.

If you AFK because you had some irl issues every few matches, you have nothing to fear ofc. But if you start 100 games and in all of them you just leave your keyboard and go do something else possbily leaving M1 bot to farm you some BP, you will very likely get banned.

• steezo_de

Not even sure what you're getting at. BHVR bans who they want based on the rules they set. If you don't want to follow their rules because you believe that they mislead you, then don't.

• Kebek

You're free to think so.

I have yet to see someone play several hundred completely afk games and not get banned for it.

I have at least in game report to support my claim, you have just words. That's about where I'm qutting on this topic as it's starting to get really silly.

• steezo_de

Like I said, then don't follow their rules. Be untouchable. I'll still report afk players each and every time. I'll leave it up to BHVR to do with the info what they want.

• steezo_de

You've convinced yourself of that and that's fine. Still won't stop people from clicking on the placebo button. It just may work one day!

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

It is NOT the same thing as hacking at all.

If a killer decides "Aw hell, screw this map" how is that any different than a Survivor that suicides on hook?