No more major licenses after RE Chapter?

Options

Are there any major licenses left that dbd could possibly get after RE? I like that this chapter is coming but it does make me wonder if there will be very many licenses left for them to get

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Man I wish until dawn got in honestly...maybe someday

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,375
    Options

We also have some TV series That could get added

The Walking Dead

Slasher

American Horror Story

Hannibal

Dexter (maybe?)

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

Clock Tower (please)

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited April 2021
    Options

Id love amnesia to get in honestly. Outlast I feel more indifferent on.

The dream for me for the next 5 licensed killers regardless of likelihood

-amnesia

-jason

-until dawn

-Pennywise

-the thing (blends in as survivors)

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

There are several more candy man Jason chuckie alien predator just a few

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

thankskilling

ginger deadman

toxic avenger

attack of the killer tomatoes

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,541
    Options

The "Garbage Day" guy from Silent Night Deadly Night 2.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I do agree with you for the most part, but I have some things to say if you don't mind.

I mostly agree with the movies they have their own personal troubles I do disagree wuth you a bit on Candyman, he is probably one of the most unique well known slashers. He was the first ever African American Slasher, plus from what I've heard about the new candyman movie is that they changed a lot of the script, because of the events of last year in June ( Can't name it for forum reasons ), they are making it to where they focus heavily on those social aspects, they actually released a puppet video that is sad as hell because you could understand the meaning behind it. In a way Candyman would be an important addition to DBD

Now for Games, I do like to think of FNaf coming in but you bring up a good point about the survivor. I honestly don't know why we don't have Outlast of all franchises in this game, I mean come on its the scariest game of the last decade, and probably ranks high up there with some others. I think it has to do with the fact for the amount of gore and violence, I read Outlast 2 was banned in Australia because of one ######### up scene which I absolutely get. So hopefully we get a chapter focusing on Mt. Massive Asylum instead

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah thats a good point on candyman. I dont know him super well and haven't seen the new movie yet so I'll have to check it out. He in and of himself is hard to picture of having a very interesting gameplay though from what I remember. He may be awesome though.

I just never got into fnaf and found the game boring, not scary, and more annoying than anything. I would rather have almost any property in but I could see in some ways why others would want them in

• Dabihwow
    Options
  • apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 447
    Options

Why good sir, I do declare that Hellraiser and Phantasm are unaccounted for.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    Options

FANF, Until Dawn, The Last of Us, Minecr- HSH, some others I've probably never played.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757
    Options
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

This is like the second videogame chapter (third if you count bill) they haven't even scratched the surface.

No to mention they don't have all the horror movie classics either.

Don't worry dbd will long be dead before they run out of licences and i believe this game will probably run for 5 more years

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298
    Options

The Walking Dead/Alien seems to be the next "big" contenders for licenses down the road, especially with them recently being added to Fortnite together with Demogorgon.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

The Evil Within comes to mind, as does Outlast.

Of course eventually the Friday the 13th license may get hashed out and fall in such a way that BE can get the license. It's a long-shot at this point, but still possible.

There's also always a chance they can turn to old classics like Nosferatu or The Fly and do their own spin on it.

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

The universal monsters creature from.the black lagoon frankensteins monster nosferatu🤣

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

There are still tonnes of horror “royalty” in film and games they could add.

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434
    Options

When it comes to video game licenses, Outlast is another popular IP. I consider Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Outlast to be the trinity of most impactful horror games.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Id switch out Outlast for something like clock tower or fatal frame personally

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434
    Options

Those two are great as well. See, there is still a ton of major licenses on the table. Whether it be from video games or anything else.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,877
    Options

There are a lot of avenues still to explore, depending on what BHVR would be more invested in. Some are big, whilst others may not be but have huge potential for interesting killers, survivors, perks or directions.

Films:

Alien; Hellraiser, Friday 13th; Slumberparty Massacre 2; The Shining; Sweeny Todd; Psycho; Carrie; The Ring; Constantine; From Dusk Till Dawn; Get Out; It; Dracula; The Blair Witch Project; Mother!; Sleepy Hollow, etc...

TV Shows:

The Walking Dead; Channel Zero; American Horror Story; Them; Supernatural; X-Files; The Vampire Diaries; The Stand; The Terror; Creepshow; Hannibal; Dexter; Grimm; The Twilight Zone; Evil; Gotham; Twin Peaks, etc..

Video Games:

Alan Wake; Fatal Frame; Clocktower; Haunting Ground; The Evil Within; The Cat Lady; The Last of Us; Far Cry; Bioshock; Condemned; Outlast; F.E.A.R.; We Happy Few; Get Even; American McGee's Alice; Medium; Deadly Premonition, etc..

Other Media:

The Magnus Archives; Alice Isn't Dead; The SCP Foundation; Carmilla; Creepypasta; I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream; 1984; House of Hell; Teacups; NoSleep; The Black Tapes; Gideon Falls; Code Pru; Francis Bacon, etc..

Urban Legends/Myths:

Scarecrow; Kuchisake-onna; La Llorona; Black Annis; Bloody Mary; Indrid Cold; Spring-Heeled Jack; Yuki Onna; Gargoyles; The Erinyes; Gorgons; The Bogeyman; The Whipping Father; The Baubas; Succubus, etc..

Basically, there are a lot of avenues still to explore above and beyond their own creations.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 741
    Options

I really want The Craft as a chapter. I want to main Nancy

• jakesotto
    jakesotto Member Posts: 201
    Options

I would LOVE a supernatural chapter... it would fit so perfectly

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

There are still 2 iconic licenses to get, I mean Alien and Jason, maybe the time can not yet, but seeing how the community shouted for a Resident Evil chapter, they will surely do it with more slasher icons, after all Cote He said that Dead by Daylight is the hall of fame of terror and I think some very important names are missing there, Jason, Alien, Chucky, Candyman, Pinhead among many ...

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,087
    Options

Alien, Pinhead, Chucky, Predator, Candyman and Jason are quickest movie franchises that come to mind. Outlast, Evil Within, and Last of Us for video games. There's plenty more outside of those.

• EvilWithin777
    EvilWithin777 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2021
    Options

You're nuts. There are still a bunch of licenses as big or even bigger than Resident Evil. Alien, Pennywise, Candyman, Pinhead, Jason Voorhees, etc...

• CeboLord
    CeboLord Member Posts: 8
    Options
    The person who mentioned Little Nightmares is dreaming too much kkk

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Candyman people, COME ON!

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226
    Options

You’ve got plenty, As much as people hate the idea Five nights at freddy’s featuring Springtrap would suit this game, way more than the trickster tbh. You’ve also got Alien and Pennywise, only problem with Pennywise is he is a god himself so it doesn’t fit with the lore although with the ending of the 2nd movie they could pull something off.

• EvilWithin777
    EvilWithin777 Member Posts: 5
    Options

You're nuts. There are still a bunch of major licenses/characters as big or even bigger than Resident Evil. Alien, Pennywise, Candyman, Pinhead, Jason Voorhees, etc...

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,375
    Options

I am pretty sure there were many people that said Silent Hill was impossible (due to Konami being Konami).

Little Nightmares is an odd choice and unlikely, but it’s still pretty well know in the Gaming Horror genre. I have seen many people requesting such a chapter and as far as licensing goes, I don’t think it’s more unlikely than Silent Hill. Or Alien (That one is a big dream)

• Wafflesama
    Wafflesama Member Posts: 1
    Options

There is only 1 license I haven't seen mentioned yet that has been on my mind.

Bioshock. A big daddy would be kind of cool to see in dbd.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

The Thing.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757
    Options

10 years from now are more believable than 5 tbh.This game has LOL potential.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

I highly doubt that. Dbd has recently just hit 25million accounts ever playing the game (hard to tell monthly count) while LOL has 115 million players playing each month.

Dbd is a much more shallow game than LOL in every facet honestly. This game is already getting close to knocking out all of the major licenses where some probably won't ever happen anyways. I doubt the same level support will be given even 5 years from now

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    edited April 2021
    Options

Still think Alan Wake would make a great Survivor-only Paragraph.

Amnesia would most likely be a Killer-only Paragraph, due to the lack of alive humans in the first game. (We don't talk about A Machine For Pigs.) And i don't think the license holders would have a 3D model of Daniel be revealed in a different game.

I'd really like SOMA, i've had the thought of being in an underwater base for a map for a while now.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
  • Dabihwow
    Options

Geez man even I couldn't think of that many off the top of my head

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Ehh, i wouldn't say so.

It plays like a more fluid RE4 which i enjoy, but given how insanely narrative-based it is, once you've played it once, you've played it forever.

The light mechanic is a neat idea when enemies ambush you in earlier levels, but it'll get tedious to have to beam everything when waves of enemies hit later on.

Would still love an Alan Wake 2 though.