Which Killer Would Rebel and Join Survivors Against the Entity?

Options
Dragonshensi
Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
edited April 2021 in Lore

We know a few of the killers hate the Entity and wish to escape. Some killers just have bad history or faced persecution and hate during their time. Some kill just so they won’t be tortured by the Entity. I think the most likely ones to turn against the Entity and rebel would be Trapper, Wraith(since his backstory he wasn’t really a bad person), perhaps Deathslinger. Also Blight since he has tried to escape the Entity before.Am I missing anyone? Or do you guys have your own suggestions or theories?

Comments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,532
    Options

Trapper, Wraith, maybe Billy, Bubba, Deathslinger, Blight, and Twins are all killers I could see wanting to escape The Entity.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Trapper wouldn't want to because at this point his mind has been destroyed by the entity. Spirit wouldn't either due to her being brainwashed, Wraith might want to escape because he is innocent but we aren't sure if his mind has been destroyed like Trapper's, but I'm not sure that Billy cares so he probably won't want to.

My top ones are probably Blight because of the reason you said, Hag because of how much the entity transformed and distorted her, Bubba would probably want to be back to his family, and maybe Doctor, though I think he'd rather have control over the entity somehow rather than simply leaving its realm.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Based on their lore, the Twins probably have a better life in the entity's realm rather than living as serfs in 17th century France.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

Hag honestly seems too far gone and more animal than Trapper etc

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options

I believe Freddy would want to escape, because he is pretty much a god of the Dream World and I doubt he enjoys being forced to do the Entity's bidding.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,532
    Options

I doubt Freddy would "team up" with the survivors, but he does seem like the type that would dislike The Entity because it tampered with his powers.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

Only Bubba.

He's not evil, he does what he's been taught to do, he does what he's told. He's no more evil than a farmer slaughtering a bull. He's innocent in a way, because he's not capable of understanding. He's (mentally) a child doing what his abusive family taught him, that's all. Bubba is frantic because he's afraid. He enjoys the slaughter, but it's fear that drives him.

The Entity replaced his family and probably treats him like he's loved, but if he were to see the survivors as family instead of meat, he'd fight to protect them, because that's all he understands.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options

Wraith, nurse, blight, and maaaybe hag and trapper

• Dragonshensi
    Options
  • Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Trapper at first did not want to be forced to kill, but was forced to kill by the entity since his father also ordered him even though he was mentally ill, Blight has been trying to escape for so long that he will probably join the survivors in looking for a way to escape, Bubba on the other hand is faithful to his family, but if the entity manipulates him it will be difficult for him to escape unless he realizes that the entity has been deceiving him and that his family is alive or in jail, like this making a truce with the survivors, Freddy ... Maybe he is the most miserable but you can tell that he wants to escape for his own benefit because he cannot bear to follow anyone's orders and is trapped in the Entity Realm, surely if one day he escapes, He will kill those he has allied with if they managed to escape. Wraith wants to escape, in his lore he was kind at the beginning but later he became a brutal killer by killing those people, I mean. (I know almost nothing of Wraith's lore due to lack of time). Probably Trapper, Wraith, Blight, Bubba and Freddy want to escape for me, the rest would continue to kill on orders or for their own pleasure.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,820
    Options

Evan MacMillan would, since he fought back before. If he feels there is a real chance of taking it down, he's bright enough to see the benefits.

Philip Ojomo may do. The Entity is using him like his boss at Autohaven effectively did. His role in both places is remarkably similar, and we know what happened to his boss, once he saw the light.

Sally Smithson may be continually trying to escape the realm via blinks through the different reality layers, and she moves around as if she is being puppeteered. She potentially would rebel, if she's not too broken.

Susie from the Legion could switch sides if she gains confidence and becomes less naive and reliant on the others. Currently, she tows along. However, I reckon Susie would turn with more self-confidence.

Caleb Quinn is someone who was the victim of corruption, theft and being used. The Hellshire Gang hunted outlaws. Yet Quinn was manipulated into aiding the Entity. If he finds out what is happening, his rage would convert him. Maybe change the survivors into a new Hellshire Gang!

Talbot Grimes might, but he may be too hideously demented by the serum to have much humanity left. If he retained any humanity, Talbot could very well swap to continue his research to escape this Hell.

As a wild card, I'd put in Pyramid Head. My belief is he is already feeding off the Entity and perhaps injecting the essence of Silent Hill onto it. However, he would not side with survivors neither. He'd be like Michael Myers, except punishing anything amd everything on guilt, rather than Myers who basically is a child in a sweet shop.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

Twins, Pyramid Head, possibly Blight, Plague, and maybe Bubba.

Charlotte only kills to protect Victor. I would assume that humans are better able to take care of fragile little babies than some spider monster in the sky. Pyramid Head exists as the incorporeal embodiment of the subconscious desire for self-inflicted justice. He punishes the guilty, and among the killers' ranks, there are plenty. Clown is wanted by the fashion police and the rest are all felons. Blight only kills because he's too jacked up on pustula petals (a little diddy called addiction, fits in with the Opium War-era lore), so if Claudette puts her major in botany to any use they might be able to bribe him, Plague is driven only by her mindless devotion to her perceived god. She won't ever become disillusioned with her ideals, that's just how hubris works, but if any of the survivors are Mormons and have a bible with them, I'm sure Plague has a moment to talk about our lord and savior Jeff Christ. Bubba is pretty nice, in the movies, and only kills because his family is awful. He's one of those cases where kindness elicits kindness.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Maybe plague? When she realises that the god she had been praying for wasn't real and it isn't the entity She would either be thrown into the void OR become a survivor

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Wraith and nurse- i think both would be actuqlly easy to talk to ( maybe not nurse depending on how insane she maybe already)

Billy and Huntress- i think they are actually being manipulated, they probably think they are still in their homes doing their own thing.

Spirit- spirit is an Onryo wich means vengeful spirits, they atack anything in sight unless you have a way to help them get to the source of their rage you don't stand a chance.

Plague- some of her addons hints that she believes the entity is one of her old gods, if the survivors managed to talk to her i think they have a chance on convincing her.

Legion- i don't think they enjoy being here, in my opinion the incident with the janitor was something in the rush of the moment and now that they are in the realm they just have to deal with it. Given the chance i believe they would help.

Twins- life was pretty hard oN them, but with a lot of dialogue i think it's manageable.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111
    Options

As someone who hasn't played Silent Hill, I wonder how Pyramid Head would react to someone who has done great evil but feels no guilt. Ghostface, Doctor, and Clown are all true psychopaths who feel no empathy or remorse. As a cluster of emotion, how does he react to people that don't feel the emotion that constitutes his existence?

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

Well, his role in this game seems to be different than in the Silent Hill games. He specifically exists as a manifestation of James' own self-guilt and his own desire to be punished. When James comes to terms with his guilt (after viewing the tapes where he literally kills his wife) and banishes the thought of Maria (the corrupted memory his wife), it just offs itself and never comes back. Obviously, that doesn't work in the game if Dwight can get on his knees, do a confessional, and literally kill the killer, so there's a bit of twisted lore here.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 332
    Options

Pyramid Head comes into The Entity's realms from the moment in Silent Hill 2 that it is no longer needed. It was supposed to kill itself along with the other Pyramid Head. (There was more than 1 created.) The Entity merely offered PH an alternative. Since Silent Hill no longer needed him...he CHOSE to work with The Entity. The Entity is not strong enough (for now) to control PH so he is free to do whatever he wants. The Entity gave him a purpose once his in Silent Hill was over. That being said, PH isn't loyal to The Entity...only his purpose. I believe the only way to get PH on the survivor's side is to use Cheryl's connection to Silent Hill. I just don't think Cheryl has enough of a connection left to do that though.

This is just what I took from it all, so...my assumptions here could be a bit off.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Wraith, Hag, Plague, and Spirit are all not bad people, and most of them would probably be able to be negotiated with to some extent.

-Wraith only ever intentionally killed people who committed horrible crimes, and the Entity basically seized his mind on the moment of him killing Azarov and locked him in it; he's trapped in his rage and betrayal and can't get out. If that grip could be broken, he would almost certainly want to escape his situation, and have no desire to hurt the survivors.

-Hag never killed anyone; her symbols very indirectly caused the death of her friend, but that was pretty entirely her friend's own fault for being a terrible person and despite Lisa's warnings. Her only 'crime' is wishing vengeance instead of peace after being horrifically tortured for weeks on end in the worst ways imaginable, and that dying wish turned her into a monster. In the Realm, she's starved half to death and feral hunger is all that drives her. Again, if that could be satisfied, Lisa Sherwood isn't the kind of person who'd derive any pleasure from slaughtering innocent people.

-Plague almost certainly believes that the Entity is one of the gods she served as a priestess. It would be extremely hard to convince her otherwise, between the language barrier, her fanaticism, and the fact that the Entity saved her from the brink of death (and finally, tangibly answered her prayers when she believed she was forsaken), but if she understood the truth of her situation, and that serving the Entity was not saving her people from plague, she would not want to be here.

-Spirit is an Onryo, and likely can't be reasoned with no matter what. I've always read her flickering facial expressions as anguish at her situation warring with her unstoppable rage. But an Onryo can't be placated without the death of their tormentor, and that's not something survivors can help her with; her father's on a different plane of existence. Still, whatever's left of Rin Yamaoka likely regrets the destruction she perpetually wreaks.

I would have said the same of Nurse before her tome, back when it was implied that she killed out of a desire to spare everyone the awfulness of the asylum rather than cleansing the herd, but she'd be very difficult to convince either way just due to her fractured state of mind. Charlotte's also not necessarily a bad person, but like Billy, I think she's just too soured on the notion of humanity to be able to talk to anymore - all she cares about is Victor, and Victor is violent and possibly very Entity-touched considering he was dead for many years and suddenly reappeared to lure her into the realm. This misanthropy is also true of the Huntress, though she's a bit more malicious than Charlotte and Billy are.

The Deathslinger is also an interesting character. He's a violent criminal and a bad person, but he's not exactly a serial killer like most of the others? What I mean is, it seems likely to me that the Entity messed with his mind much as it did with the Wraith; he hunted bounties and people who had wronged him, and the survivors are neither (because what exactly is the Entity paying him in except more murder? If it's threatening him to work for it, then it's just another master, and Caleb hates those too.) If the Entity screwed with his head, and Caleb was able to figure this out, then he would seek vengeance on the Entity - because if there's one thing that drives the Deathslinger's fury, it's a double-cross.

The Legion might want out because the Realm is boring. They're a group of teens that loved to raise hell, but the Realm is just killing the same group of people in the same locations, over and over and over. There's no variety, and quite possibly no fun - no vandalism, no six-packs and drunken joyrides, no movie binges, no anything teens from the 90s would want to do. Now, Frank is a messed up kid, and their archives paint Julie as pretty twisted too, but Susie and Joey were just along for the ride (and Susie didn't want to get involved in the murder period.) Also, Julie wanted to be known and remembered for her crimes, and the Realm is the opposite. Nothing ever changes and the only people they see are the same group of survivors.

Freddy likely wants to escape so he can finish what he started in Springwood and kill Nancy, but that's not working with the survivors in any tangible way. (Freddy might also be pissed that he can't permanently kill anyone? It's a bit of a step down.)

Anything that remains of Talbot Grimes would like to escape by any means necessary (so he's as like to hurt survivors in this endeavor as help them), but the Blight is a pustula-addicted monster and would never be able to escape the Realm in his state. He'd have to break his desire for the serum in order to be able to leave.

For the killers that are happiest where they are and least likely to rebel - Clown, Ghostface, Trickster, and Doctor. Myers and Pig too, if the lack of permanence doesn't bother them, but the previous four are all very aware that they can get away with so much more here than they can in the real world, and use the Realm as an opportunity to pursue their passions without consequence. The Huntress or Billy wouldn't care if they were in the real world or the Realm, they'd run wild either way; those four would actively prefer to be in the Realm than where they were before.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,247
    Options

Demogorgon

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,951
    Options

If Plague realized she was being manipulated by the Entity, she'd probably get angry and try to defeat it. Same with Blight, though it would be impossible for him to get control over himself ever again, which is actually sad if you think about it.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Then they'll end up in the void, Plus plague would still kill for the entity She wants to worship literally any god that she finds

• Cilles
    Cilles Member Posts: 4
    Options

I think Twins would stay. Seeing as The Entity is the only reason Victor is still alive. Blight may have wanted out at the start but he is too hooked on the Serum now...its tragic for both of them really

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Less that as much that as Plague would worship any god in her religion, and there's some pretty nasty gods and practices in there, so the Entity doesn't exactly have to go out its way to masquerade as one. Her offerings imply she thinks the Entity is the god of pestilence and mayhem. From what we can tell of her archives so far, she'll do anything she believes the gods tell her to do, regardless of how heinous it is or how little it makes sense to her, because she falls back on 'they're greater than me and they have a plan, I don't need to understand it.'

If you could convince her the Entity was a demon instead of a god, you'd certainly be able to get her to switch sides. Babylonian mythos does have major demons in it (and the Entity is literally trying to destroy the universe, it fits the bill), so it's not a foreign concept. I can't imagine what it would take to convince her of that, though. Blind faith's a hell of a drug.