THE NURSE

Options
kassamell
kassamell Member Posts: 101

The Nurse : Sally Smithson was always about having a family with her newly found husband, Andrew, in their new made wooden house- after a while of settling down, Andrew's co-worker gave Sally a visit explaining her husband had died during work. She had no way of supporting herself and so she had to go out to find work.

She found work in a nearby asylum called Crotus Prenn and she started off at basic- night guard, and many other jobs that were easy money for her. She grew in her ranks and that only came with hardships. She saw many things that normal people could not easily bear. Over twenty years she grew insane and had thoughts to free people from the asylum and purify them. In September she hit her edge and finally threw herself off killing 50 patients and 4 workers. Only Sally "survived" that night and she was out of it, she was being taken to the hospital when the ambulance never arrived. Police found the ambulance crashed and the staff dead.

THEORIES- I saw one theory and I might add on more but the nurse has a wound on her lifted shoulder that looks like she has been hooked, now I think she was a survivor in her own way but eventually the entity had snatched her up to put her in its cruel game, in her Mori she chokes the survivors just like she did the patients but she caresses the face of the survivor and I think she is trying to help the survivors escape the hell they were put in, which in her way she thought was the nicest or best thing she could do.

HER PERKS:

Stridor- This allows the perk holder to hear their victims breathing/grunts of pain, so hold your breath when you're near Ms. Sally.

Thanatophobia- is the fear of one's own death or the process of dying, the survivor's bravery/hope is diminished when either injured or hooked making them receive an action speed penalty.

A Nurse's Calling- This lets the nurse see where and when someone is either healing themselves or healing someone else making it easy for her to find someone(which I think is op but i mean go off ig).

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,820
    Options

I thought so too, but a few people said she was always a killer.

There are some interesting ideas about though, like when she blinks it is her trying to escape the realm, as she knows it rips through the different levels, but each time it hurts like Hell, hence her scream and fatigue. Also, her floating may be the Entity moving her, since it's aware Sally has developed this skill, so keeps her exhausted to prevent her escaping. I mean, she is not just suffocated but also floats around as if she's been hanged.

She has the most potential to be empathic and be a major asset to survivors and the Entity seems to comprehend this, so keeps her heavily subdued.

Perhaps the hook wound wasn't when she was a survivor, but a strong-armed tactic used to show her what happens to survivors to try to control her initially.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options

I would love a large expansion on the nurses lore, her recent tome sucked and I hope with a large focus on her she can finally recieve the love I, and a lot of people, deserves.

Side note: I would love it if dbd had a story mode (assuming there will ever be one) and made an expansion just for her.