What does Plague's vomit taste like?

Options
CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

This is a question I often see alot of people ask. Why they would want to know is beyond me, but I decided to do a little research.

To start, we need to understand why Plague vomits & more specifically, what is causing her to vomit. Her lore states that she was eventually infected by a disease that was ravaging the ancient Babylonian era. Now some people would say that she has leprosy due to the symptoms being rotting limbs and blisters, however one symptom leprosy doesn't have is vomiting as well as the fact the leprosy wasn't written about until about 1,400 years later. Now while I will admit I'm not a pathologist or a historian I feel like Adris is infected with the Bubonic plague due to the matching symptoms despite it not existing during the Babylonian era.

Now that we've established why she's vomiting it's time to explain what it would probably taste like. 1st we have to consider her diet. Taken from Wikipedia it reads, "The Babylonians ate melons, plums, prunes and dates. Barley was their staple crop that they would make flat breads with. The bread would then be eaten with some fruit. For meat they ate pork, poultry, beef, fish and mutton (sheep meat). Onions and garlic were common seasonings for their food. Babylonians didn't drink wine, but instead they drank beer made of barley."

So now I can make a good conclusion on what her vomit takes like. Most-likely it would taste highly acidic with chunks of meat from fish & sheep with a light garlic & onion taste to it as well as it having a yeasty component to it. Hopefully this answers one of the greater mysteries of the Plague :)

Comments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,532
    Options

Why would anyone ever ask this.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options

thanks man 👍

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,782
    Options

Like a taste of rotten flesh mixed with pus. why did I respond to this?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,820
    Options

As much as I don't think my life would have been any less enjoyable for not knowing this, hats off for the thought you put into this!

Her vomit for me would just taste of sadness and neverending pain.

• DeadByMittens
    DeadByMittens Member Posts: 60
    Options

Yes...

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,782
    Options

Actually your statement about her diet and how it would affect the taste of her vomit is probably wrong. Since the Plague literally projectile vomits constantly, there would be no food at all left in her stomach.

The real question is what does the vomit consist of itself? Not the contents in Adiris's stomach, but the actual sickness or Plague itself. This is a question that I don't think we will ever get an answer to.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Hmm, you're right right I didn't think about it that way, there's not much information in regards to her sickness so I'll have to wait for more lore information.

Since the killers aren't allowed rest I'm assuming the 1st person she threw up on could have gotten a taste.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Why-

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

This looks like something you would write.

Are you proud of yourself?

I'm proud of you.