The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why the last survivor always struggles?

I get there is this small chance of escaping and win the game by finding the hatch or running to the door or whatever, it's happened to me specially when the survivor had flipflop and gates were already open.

But if there are no hooks nearby or I think you have flipflop and you struggle then you're getting slugged the full 4 minutes. I don't wanna see anyone come to the forums crying about how they got slugged for the full timer by those mean killers when the very last survivor refuses to cooperate in his unavoidable death.

2 matches in a row with 0 hooks around and the final survivor just struggling non stop. Never seen a killer slug someone because they are evil or salty or whatever, there is always a reason to slug but survivors love the attention and playing victim so it's not surprising in their head they were being genocided or something.

Comments

• RenTheCat
    RenTheCat Member Posts: 212

Then same as you're trying to survive the killer is trying to kill, hope you don't go around crying about the evil slugger "holding the game hostage" because he made you waste 4 minutes cuz you refuse to be put on hook. If the survivor refuses to end the game the easy way then they'll have to wait.

It's not the same at all. If you have to slug a 3rd survivor to find the 4th because of some bullshit mechanic that gives whoever is the last man standing a free win with no effort required then the 3rd one has no right to complain, specially when it's his teammate the one just waiting for him to die so they can go through the hatch.

Survivors crying about killers making them waste the full 4 minutes on the floor when they refuse to be picked up, put on hook and accept the loss so the game can end immediatly does give the killer the right to complain. They put themselves in that situation and could have easily ended it but choose not to.

Survivors are not entitled to a win.

• RenTheCat

You don't follow. Why would I want the final hook, the slugged guy will die anyway, I got my 4k. I'm pointin out how survivors love crying about being slugged when they put themselves in that situation. They accuse the killer of holding the game hostage and make ideas in their head of the killer having some personal vendetta against them and enjoying watching them die on the floor instead of putting them on hook. When they themselves don't wanna end the game sooner and be put on a hook.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,261

You're generalizing. Not all survivors love crying about being slugged and those that do can continue to cry, it's what this forum is here for.

You leaving the survivor on the floor due to no hooks being near by is not the complaint most survivors have. What most survivors complain about is when the killer intentionally keeps them on the ground when hooks are abundant just to annoy the survivor. If a survivor does come here to complain about the situation you describe, it's best to just ignore them.

• RenTheCat
    • What most survivors complain about is when the killer intentionally keeps them on the ground when hooks are abundant just to annoy the survivor.

This never happened. It's just survivors playing victim and trying to be the center of the world. For some reason survivors seem to have such low self esteem they think the killer cares about them on a personal level.

In your head 4 minutes is too much time sacrificed for a win? How... sad.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

Hey, I need that extra BP. Even if it is only a small bit 😅

• RenTheCat

Hope you find more fun in lying on the floor for 4 minutes then?

• RenTheCat

It's cute how lots of killer players are so bad they need to pat themselves over a 3k and cope with the fact they won despite a survivor escaping and winning. Sour grapes are sour.

• RenTheCat
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I think the OP is complaining about survivors that keep running to deadzones with no hope of escaping, just purely to BM.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Naruto teached me to never give up.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

I almost always struggle on the hook and will def do it if I see you camping. Last night, had the inevitable Trickster camp me on the hook as there was only two of us solo survivors left. So I waited my time as this was my first hook and then went to struggle,,, and struggled and struggled allowing enough time for the last survivor to complete the gen that I 99'd and then to the gates.

Trickster sat there the entire time right next to me. The funniest part is if he would have went into the next room of Lery's he would have caught the other solo survivor on the gen but alas he didnt as he was consumed with camping me in the hopes the other survivor was coming. After the match he was pissed. I honestly do not get the entitlement of some killer mains as if I should have accepted my fate and just died to make their match easier??

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

let's say, hypothetically, I crawl towards the hatch, meaning you have to pick me up. What then?

Or maybe I'm running Unbreakable and Soul Guard and I'm right next to the nearly opened exit gate. What then?

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

I struggle because if I don't the killer backpacks me until they find hatch.

Do they give me hatch? Not usually.

They'll hook me next to it then close hatch while I'm being sacrificed.

Sorry, but I don't swing that way. I'm not wasting a second more of my time so someone can cash in an extra 250 bloodpoints.

I'm struggling so you put me on the closest hook and we both move on to the next trial as fast as possible.

---

If I run into a corner of the map because I know you won't be able to hook me from there, I don't blame you for watching me bleed out. I've been bled out for four minutes because a killer didn't want to pick me up on a pallet while I was running power struggle. We both will do what it takes to complete our objective--so props to anyone willing to wait out those 4 minutes to secure a kill.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

To answer your question: I never struggle, even as first guy downed. Cause I just know my game is over.

Something to add: Damn, we ain't even allowed to die in peace anymore are we? Tell me more about how this forum isn't mostly a killer main circle jerk.

• Zixology

That's not BM. That's someone who knows they're gonna die and is going to try and milk as much survival points as possible. The survivor couldn't care less about BM at that point.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

I can accept my inevitable death. I'm just going to try and eke out as many points as possible in the meanwhile.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It's only purpose is to annoy the crap out of the killer and get yourself bled out for some petty little personal victory. Seems like BM to me.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164
    edited April 2021

That wasn't my interpretation but you could be right. But to be honest, how often does that actually happen? I can think of that happening once...ever to me where a survivor KNEW where to go for a dead zone and just kept running back to it.

Which yeah, if that's the exact case, slug them and let them lie there and think about what they've done. But based on what my understanding was, this OP just is mad that he can't bring the survivor to whatever hook they want because there's a slim chance the survivor was Flippity Flop or something that might potentially maybe let the survivor escape.

Either way, they can do that if they so choose. If I'm the killer in that situation, unless the survivor is specifically running to dead zones where I have no choice but to slug them or the damn game won't end, I'm just gonna let them struggle. If they somehow manage to get away running somewhere else, I'll get to them and drop them or I'll get unlucky and they'll find the hatch. I'd rather just move onto the next game than really worry all that much about it. But that's just me, it's OPs call how they handle it.

It just feels weird for him to get salty at a survivor for having the audacity to try to survive...

Post edited by tippy2k2 on
  • Zixology

Not at all. The survivor knows they're not getting that 5k in survival. So they're going to scrap together as much as they can from struggling.

Seeing it as BM is just victim mentality.

• Zixology

It's unfortunately even more common than camping and tunneling.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

"Never seen a killer slug someone because they are evil or salty or whatever, there is always a reason to slug but survivors love the attention and playing victim so it's not surprising in their head they were being genocided or something."

Yes, I'm sure lack of hooks is why I encounter killers that force 4-man bleedouts at 5 gens. Killers definitely cannot be toxic.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

the very last survivor refuses to cooperate in his unavoidable death.

So, where and when do you hand out your killer's rulebook for survivors?

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

People get tilted for such petty things...

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,694

your logic makes zero sense, so because I'm the last survivor alive I should just throw??

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Ok.

If this was a "killer main circle jerk" forum, wouldn't at least one person have agreed with the op by now? Small circle when it's just the one guy by himself, isn't it?

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Imagine the person playing Survivor trying to survive, the horror, the pure unmitigated gall of such a thing. Don't they know that they should just be grateful you're around to offer a clean death?

Seriously, are you trying to work a gimmick here? We've already got master baiters on both halves of the game, personally I love a good last minute chase to the hatch, but I can see how if you aren't good at catching Survivors yet, that may be very irritating for you.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Wiggle points.

Escape points.

Also if you have to down them again, you get more points too.

There's no reason to slug and let a survivor bleed out. You both lose for it.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

Okay. Your story never happened. Am I a provocateur now?

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Man I played with a couple of friends against a mike. He ran unlimited EW3 and Tombstone I was the last survivor and he got to hatch before me all I could think of was to prevent his achievement as it was not fun at all to wait in que to vs that. I made it to a locker just in time and he grabbed me, he drop and picked me up until it forced me off his shoulder and I jumped right back into the locker, he di it again but this time walked to a corner of the map but again made it to the same locker. So this time he walk to a different corner as he knew this was the last chance he had before time ran out. There were no lockers in site bit there was the bus (autohaven) the entity poked my brain. It was a win in my book you can't be upset when a survivor tries to survive nor a killer tries to kill. Just sounds dumb but happens frequently.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

This is how I know you’ve never played survivor lmao, killers bleeding out survivors for no reason other than to be toxic is not that rare. Here, video evidence if you want it:

Clip starts at 3:38. No in-game reason to bleed her out since she was downed a few metres away from a hook, he just wanted to be an ass.

ThIs NeVeR hApPeNeD

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

You get some extra bloodpoints.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The starting monologue sounds like someone was just killed.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

😂😂😂😂 this a whind up.

If I'm being slugged for 4 minutes, I'd rather not give the killer that satisfaction of wasting my time, enjoy the 4 minute ban with a cigarette and make a cup of coffee to bypass time and move into the next match.

You may have slugged me bro, but you're not wasting my time, nobody got tiiiiiiime for that.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

Weird. I would think killers get way more satisfaction out of someone DC'ing than watching them bleed out, especially since they get so many more points for the DC and like nothing for the bleed out.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

They probably do. But they can bet their ass I'm not laying on the floor for 10 minutes slowly watching my health die down 😂 when I could be in another match earning my BPs.

Just find lying there like a dead kipper to be a time waste.

• CantDeadHarder
    CantDeadHarder Member Posts: 188

And killers aren't entitled to 4ks.

Besides, in most situations hatch has been closed and egc has begun so once that survivor is found it is kind of GG. But to try and imply that survivors are being entitled for having the will to live despite the circumstances is really pathetic. People like you should not be playing PvP games if your mindset is that people should give themselves up to you and make the match easier for you.

You gonna also make a post about how survivors who vault windows and use pallets efficiently are "refusing to end the game" too?