Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This was the worst year for DBD change my mind

-No new maps since the Silent Hill chapter

-Map reworks, although cool looking at first and making the game visually better it didn't change the gameplay in any way.

-1 mediocre chapter

-A chapter that utterly broke the game (Binding of kin) and brought nothing new to the table except for bugs.

-A chapter with a cool aesthetic and nothing else.Also gave us one of the worst killers in the game.

Lets hope the Resident Evil chapter pushes DBD's standards and marks a new era for the game.

The "good content" era.

Comments

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

Yeah i was.Those were the dark ages.But at least we got maps.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Its also the year that started to give us accessibility options (colorblind mode and upcoming struggle mechanic), which may have come late but it is still amazing that it is finally being addressed! And apparently they are it stopping to add other options.

Silent Hill and Blight chapters were pretty amazing too.

but yeah in comparison other years were probably better, doesn’t mean his year was that bad though.

• grayon444

I have to agree that at end of the year they kind of started listening to us.

I will give them that and we lets continue this way please.

• grayon444

Not because of maps but this year was pretty dry imo.And i felt like a lot more people were complaining and screaming that the game was gonna die soon.But i guess this is because our player base is growing.

It wasnt better than year 3.

• grayon444

Never said anything about balance.Balance was good this year.Infact better than every other year.

Chapters/content......Not that great.

• Bangarang
    Bangarang Member Posts: 352

But the title to the thread says this was the worst year for DBD, which it wasn’t. Content included, it still isn’t the worst. As I’d rather have no new maps and a lack of content than broken mechanics / perks.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

In terms of content? Yes, definitely the worst.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I dont understand all the Binding of Kin chapter hate, sure it did add a lot of really bad bugs, but it is because they tried something unique and risky and IMO it worked great, there is no other killer like twins and I would much rather see chapters with amazing ideas that release a little bumpy than a boring chapter they played it safe with that adds characters with 0 depth. Trickster needs insane buffs but again, it is a unique design killer and they tried something new and different. Blight was a great addition, adding another new top-tier killer along with a new fan-favorite survivor. Despite all the hate the devs get, this year we have gotten some great new additions to the game, and even though we aren't getting new maps, it is because they are reworking old maps and they feel and look like new maps. I get being disappointed over not as much content as we were given in the past, but the past also had way more broken and stupid additions that took a long time to fix

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

The only good thing i can say about this year was the ds fix. That perk was broken for 4 years. Now its in a good place.

Everything else however.......yeah. Been pretty disappointing.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

This has been one of the best years for DbD. Just look at the state the game was in when Deathslinger was released and compare it to now.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Well said. I dislike the last to chapters not because of the characters but because of the bugs/balance with twins and the huge balance issues with trickster. I love the twins and trickster as characters especially the twins like a lot wish the team that solely works on legion skins (lol) would visit the twins once in awhile.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I miss getting new maps too, tho I am really impressed with the reworked maps. They look so amazing! I also like the update they did with generators. They look and sound more life like. I like when the devs focus whats already in the game instead of only pumping out new stuff. I think they have reached a good balance with that.

We also got a ton of nice perks on both sides along with good perk updates.

As for the killers I love Blight and the Twins. I don't play Blight because I get a little dizzy playing him but I do enjoy going against him. The Twins are my new fav killer! I initially skipped them but I'm happy I gave them a chance. They may not be the strongest killers on the roster but their power is one of the most unique and fun.

I was also disappointed with how All-Kill went. I think the Trickster was the most disappointing of all the new stuff added. I hope he gets an overhaul in the future. Being bombarded by his blades is very annoying and playing as him is boring ;-;

You may not like everything that was released but there was a lot of changes and updates. Def one of the best year content wise... also we got Felix! He is my new fav male survivor. Hopefully for the 5th year we will see more male survivors released ^^

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    edited April 2021

Year 4 wasn't an all - terrible year, besides ptb ghostface and breakable walls ( and deathslinger if you want )

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

I think the best parts of this year were Chains of Hate, Silent Hill chapter, Descend Beyond, map reworks (I like them tbh), Bubba rework (at the cost of killing Billy), and uhh overall this year was a lot better than usual IMO.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571
    • Silent Hill is so cool
    • Blight is giga fun now that his camera has been fixed
    • Bubba rework is pretty good
    • DS/BT and hook struggle changes are all amazing
    • For the most part I've liked the map reworks and animation changes
    • Moris nerfed

Overall, this year has been great.

They made Hillbilly feel pretty bad with his changes, Ruin/Undying was miserable to play against for a while before they nerfed it, Twins chapter broke the game for a couple weeks, Autohaven rework made the maps worse imo, and Trickster released in such a poor state that it killed any kind of hype behind him. But otherwise, pretty good year in my book.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

I mean, it's been the worst year for pretty much everything except zoom stock.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Man yall worried about getting maps, all I want is a new game mode for F sakes.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Almost as if the latest chapters had their entire work done in a time where everybody had to stay at home or something

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

the thing is:

How does one define 'good content'

Cause if you look at here, twitter, etc the most vocal voices define 'good content' as anything that gives them an iWin button. Just look how survivors were wailing over the DS change, and killers over the BT change. All because the changes took away a way for them to feel superior without having any actual skill.

Look at whenever someone suggests how something can be done against tunneling, slugging and camping, and the same loud people come out of the woodwork to rage and rave and rant about how 'some killers are dependant on it' 'it's a legit tactic' 'the devs allow it' etc, despite knowing very well the frustration it brings does drive players away, thus causing the long Q times and all-over-the-place matchmaking.

Look at some people's utter unwillingness to learn new mechanics that aren't obvious, aka killer powers. instead survivors measure on whether or not a killer can be semi-successfully be looped and juked, if yes, the killer is 'fun' to go against, if not they're 'boring and should be removed'. Just look how some people say trickster is more fun to go against than deathslinger... And killers measure it solely in how easily can the powers be exploited to tunnel/camp/slug.

There's still an onslaught of utterly unrealistic demands, not wishes, for licensed chapters, completely ignoring the costs and pressure that would bring. We already got konami and soon capcom on the game's shoulders, do you REALLY want disney to plant it's nasty rear on the game just so you can have ALIEN? Trust me, you don't, people.

Also the general aversion against any new mechanics and modes. Because if you can easily win by looping/juking respectively tunneling/slugging/camping it's not a good thing.

And on the topic of cosmetics: one way to handle chapters from ch20 on for a while would be to have massive cosmetic packs for all original characters, but people hate that idea. they, somehow, WANT new killers, survivors and perks, yet they don't.

It's a bloody mess

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 457

So I guess having a major video game crossover, reworking all the old outdated "water color" maps, enabling crossplay, releasing on mobile platform, Blight, Twins, Trickster (which are all fun to play), a bunch of good balance changes, and four different rifts don't add up for much eh?

• grayon444

I have no problem with the balance.Twins imo are very a boring killer.

I should of specified myself there, sorry.

This has been the worst year for dbd content wise.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

The year just started though.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

People are saying "the game's gonna die!" about every online game ever.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

This year is far from over? Bit early to sum it up.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Wouldn't say worst year,

Although can't say I'm thrilled by the most recent DLC's haven't bought anything since slinger.

Maybe RE will be an improvement.

(To clarify silent hill wasn't a terrible DLC, just I'm not a fan and traffic cone head is a dumb concept. I never found the original SH game particularly good, scary or compelling. In fact the whole pyramid head is a mental manifestation of his own guilt is basically a re-wrapping of the incredibly lame "it was all a dream" trope, its lazy story telling at best. Also the movies are terrible, like horror power rangers in rubber suits bad).

I'm hoping for a chapter I feel I want to buy and a killer who isn't lame. Lets face it All Kill chapter is just gut wrenchingly awful.