The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why so many babies have found their way into the forums complaining about everything

Comments

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Orion said:
    Seeing people fail to understand what a 50% speed reduction means regarding time spent performing an activity is amusing to me as a physicist.

Can you explain it to them please? No joke.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

I actually hate myself for reading through this whole topic on basic math.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:
    Seeing people fail to understand what a 50% speed reduction means regarding time spent performing an activity is amusing to me as a physicist.

I usually ignore your comments, but I'll make an exception this time, because this is equal parts amusing and irritating.

Simply put, if you are moving at half the speed as someone else (50%), it takes you twice as long to get from A to B.

Let me give you an example. If I'm moving at 100 km/h and I need to travel 100 km, it will take me 1 hour. If you are moving at 50 km/h (50% of my speed), it will take you 1 hour to move 50 km, and thus 2 hours to move 100 km.

Post edited by Orion on
  • Orion

If anyone has any questions, see me after class.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Orion said:

If anyone has any questions, see me after class.

Quick question about Sloppy Butcher after this change : Will the formula for calculating healing speed with Self Care be : 

1. 16+4=20x2=40
    or
    2. 16x2=32+4=36
  • Orion
    edited October 2018

@SovererignKing said:
    Quick question about Sloppy Butcher after this change : Will the formula for calculating healing speed with Self Care be : 

1. 16+4=20x2=40
      or
    2. 16x2=32+4=36

That has to do with how the perk is programmed to work, and I don't know how it works.

Now, personally, I'd have all buffs and nerfs be additive in their percentages (i.e.: add up all the percentages) because it's more intuitive, and apply only the final result of that sum.

Assuming it works like that (I have no proof that's how it works) and taking into consideration the following:

• Healing speed is measured in charges per second (c/s).
    • Healing will take 16 charges after the changes.
    • Survivors heal at 1 c/s.
    • Self Care works at 50% of the speed; i.e., it reduces the healing speed by 50%.
    • Mangled will reduce the speed by 20% after the changes.

Then Survivors will be healing with a 70% speed reduction, meaning they will be healing at 30% speed, so it will take 53.333... seconds (16/0.3) to heal fully with Self Care while suffering from the Mangled status effect.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited October 2018

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:
    Selfcare could take 32secs to finish and it'd still be OP. I don't know how ppl even try to argue with simple math like that. No perk in the game is as powerful as SC. And the killer will sometimes let a survivor go so don't give me the killers should be punished for that crap.

I hate being forced to tunnel because healing my hits takes less time than a chase on not-nurse killers.

It's not OP. Perhaps you're just not a good killer? I mean... you thought posting a pic of you 4k'ing with a 3 blink Nurse was noteworthy. Which of course, it isn't.

As people with brains here have already stated, survivors off gens is a good thing for the killer.

People with brains

People who fail at basic math and gamedesign

Pick one

Also it's pretty impressive considering I was perkless (don't give me that crap about thana being sleepergood), I don't have sound and I never play nurse as evident by that level 45, she's not hard but having literally 0 muscle memory on her makes her hard, esp when you don't hear ######### and therefore can't track people.

Dude, it was not impressive. It was Nurse. Get a grip.

Oh and... get a headset.

The nurse is still a killer that cannot be properly played without training, I got less than maybe 5 hours on her so yes it's impressive lol, I play her for the dailys and often remove them.
    And you said I never 4k to which I proved you wrong. I 4k even on ######### like freddy but that's more survivors being trash tbh.

No I won't get a headset for this non-competitive game.

• MhhBurgers

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

I usually ignore your comments, but I'll make an exception this time, because this is equal parts amusing and irritating.

Simply put, if you are moving at half the speed as someone else (50%), it takes you twice as long to get from A to B.

Let me give you an example. If I'm moving at 100 km/h and I need to travel 100 km, it will take me 1 hour. If you are moving at 50 km/h (50% of my speed), it will take you 1 hour to move 50 km, and thus 2 hours to move 100 km.

Congratulations on being an adult :'D

Another question for my benefit this time...

If as a killer, I find a survivor within the first 20 seconds of a match, then I down them in another 20 seconds, then hook them in the basement, how long will I have to sit in a corner and watch them until I realize I am trash at the game and should stop suggesting things on forums like inbuilt bloodlust on all M1 killers?

The moment you get any clue about game design, but I don't think that will ever happen.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited October 2018

@only1biggs said:

If as a killer, I find a survivor within the first 20 seconds of a match, then I down them in another 20 seconds, then hook them in the basement, how long will I have to sit in a corner and watch them until I realize I am trash at the game and should stop suggesting things on forums like inbuilt bloodlust on all M1 killers?

" Hurrr duur killah are mean, MEAN :'o "

• only1biggs

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:
    Selfcare could take 32secs to finish and it'd still be OP. I don't know how ppl even try to argue with simple math like that. No perk in the game is as powerful as SC. And the killer will sometimes let a survivor go so don't give me the killers should be punished for that crap.

I hate being forced to tunnel because healing my hits takes less time than a chase on not-nurse killers.

It's not OP. Perhaps you're just not a good killer? I mean... you thought posting a pic of you 4k'ing with a 3 blink Nurse was noteworthy. Which of course, it isn't.

As people with brains here have already stated, survivors off gens is a good thing for the killer.

People with brains

People who fail at basic math and gamedesign

Pick one

Also it's pretty impressive considering I was perkless (don't give me that crap about thana being sleepergood), I don't have sound and I never play nurse as evident by that level 45, she's not hard but having literally 0 muscle memory on her makes her hard, esp when you don't hear ######### and therefore can't track people.

Dude, it was not impressive. It was Nurse. Get a grip.

Oh and... get a headset.

The nurse is still a killer that cannot be properly played without training, I got less than maybe 5 hours on her so yes it's impressive lol, I play her for the dailys and often remove them.
    And you said I never 4k to which I proved you wrong. I 4k even on ######### like freddy but that's more survivors being trash tbh.

No I won't get a headset for this non-competitive game.

Oh my god dude, you can't be this stupid. Seriously. I didn't say you couldn't 4k. I mocked you by imitating what you did and used an assuming, broad, nonsensical statement. Here's the interaction again as you seem to have missed it, intentionally ignored it, or just can't read:

You: "Why oh why can I tell that you're not stuck at red ranks like most of us killers who actually play optimal"
    Me: "Why oh why can I tell that you're a bad killer who never 4k's and hard camps and can't play around DS lol"

Do you see now?

• only1biggs

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

The moment you get any clue about game design, but I don't think that will ever happen.

I've never pretended to, babe. Sshh sshh sshh x

• MhhBurgers

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

Like most casuals you don't have a clue about game design it's not new. The devs showed that too, they mostly care about profit. Spend playing half of your life games then come back, thx.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

DS is OP, and this comes from someone mainly playing survivor. One DS can literally stand in the way of a killer winning the game or losing.

NOED is the same. A killer can go from a definite 0k to a 4k.

Both perks suck in my opinion. You can't counter both of them effectively. You can't just open an exit gate and leave most of the time with NOED, you can also not just 'deal' with the stun from DS a lot of times, without it ruining your game.

• only1biggs

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

@only1biggs said:

@Orion said:

Like most casuals you don't have a clue about game design it's not new. The devs showed that too, they mostly care about profit. Spend playing half of your life games then come back, thx.

It's okay, I know you must be embarrassed ...sssshhhh don't worry xx

• MhhBurgers

@Chi said:
    DS is OP, and this comes from someone mainly playing survivor. One DS can literally stand in the way of a killer winning the game or losing.

Both perks suck in my opinion. You can't counter both of them effectively. You can't just open an exit gate and leave most of the time with NOED, you can also not just 'deal' with the stun from DS a lot of times, without it ruining your game.

NOED can be broken before it even gets activated so I don't have a clue how you would not call that a counter, most survivors know the totem placements and it's not like they're hidden.

• Chi

@MhhBurgers said:

@Chi said:

NOED can be broken before it even gets activated so I don't have a clue how you would not call that a counter, most survivors know the totem placements and it's not like they're hidden.

How many killers actually run NOED? How is it fair that survivors have to prepare for a perk every single game, regardless of whether the killer is using it or not?

• MhhBurgers

@Chi said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Chi said:

How many killers actually run NOED? How is it fair that survivors have to prepare for a perk every single game, regardless of whether the killer is using it or not?

It can't be that good then if not many killers run it (which many don't do)

• Orion

@Chi said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Chi said:

Because Survivors are the weaker role. They should have to adapt to the Killers' loadout; not the other way around.

• Killigma

@Chi said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Chi said:

Prepare? By doing what? Cleansing a totum while moving around the map? No skillcheck or sabo perks neede? You are not having to prepare for anything out of what you would normally be doing on a map. NOED is not the equivalent to DS. NOED can be shut down within the first few minutes of a game, DS...will not be shut down until the Survivor uses it.

• MhhBurgers

Also you can always just use small game to find the totems if you're not good at finding them.

Oh wait then a survivor perk would be situational and not omni-present like the ones survivors are using....

DH/SB SC DS and BT all get usage in 90% of their matches.

• Chi

@Killigma said:

@Chi said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Chi said:

Prepare? By doing what? Cleansing a totum while moving around the map? No skillcheck or sabo perks neede? You are not having to prepare for anything out of what you would normally be doing on a map. NOED is not the equivalent to DS. NOED can be shut down within the first few minutes of a game, DS...will not be shut down until the Survivor uses it.

You actually have to find the totems. That is preparing for the perk. NOED has a stronger effect than DS, of course it can be shut down, it wouldn't be fair otherwise. DS as a perk is bullshit, and so is NOED.

• MhhBurgers

@Chi said:

@Killigma said:

@Chi said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Chi said:

You actually have to find the totems. That is preparing for the perk. NOED has a stronger effect than DS, of course it can be shut down, it wouldn't be fair otherwise. DS as a perk is bullshit, and so is NOED.

You're still implying that finding those totems is hard. The majority of DBD players have probably 500+hours, if you can't find the totems after this time I have bad news for you.

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@kandalph said:
    I'm playing on PS4 both killer and survivor
    Pallet Looping - don't whine, just break the pallet or outsmart him

And how is that not a bait?

• Orion

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Chi said:

Because Survivors are the weaker role. They should have to adapt to the Killers' loadout; not the other way around.

I have decided to ignore you. No offence, but from your forum posts you seem like an unreasonable killer main, that doesn't really care about fair play to survivors. Which is okay you know, but I am not engaging in a discussion with you.

You're wrong, but that's fine. I don't see why you think it's unreasonable to expect each individual member of the weak side to have to adapt to the strong side's loadout, but if you think it is, you don't know asymmetrical games.

• Giche

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Chi said:

^^^^
    This.

• Giche

@Chi said:

I have decided to ignore you. No offence, but from your forum posts you seem like an unreasonable killer main, that doesn't really care about fair play to survivors. Which is okay you know, but I am not engaging in a discussion with you.

You remind me of the ridiculous peoples who defended Infinite loops back then.

" Survivors need some places on the maps where they feel safe, it's too stressfull ! :'o "

" What else are we supposed to to do ? Run in a straigth line ? >:o "
    (Familliar huh ? :D )

Which led me to the conclusion that the vast majority of you all don't want to do a bit of efforts and will happilly spam every cheesy and unfair game mechanic as much as you can.

Like pallet looping, trying to make look this CHEESY, TROLLISH, EXPLOITIVE and BORING "mechanic" as legit.

LUL except toxic bully, who really thought that this game resolved around running in circle 90% of the time ?

I already know the answer, but peoples will easily figure.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'm not gonna try again, this discussion's a huge clusterfuck now.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Boss said:

That was apparent several pages ago, although I did like professor @Orion 's math class, since my math is so ancient it was nice to get it brought into the 21st century finally.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@powerbats said:

@Boss said:

That was apparent several pages ago, although I did like professor @Orion 's math class, since my math is so ancient it was nice to get it brought into the 21st century finally.

I wasn't here several pages ago.

• Killigma

@Boss said:

Any discussion which has even a little substance to it while turn into a 4 or 5 page argument session between at least 3 different people, usually all arguing about different things but at one another. Unless you come here to meme, just do not try.

• MhhBurgers

@only1biggs said:

@Giche said:

@Chi said:

You remind me of the ridiculous peoples who defended Infinite loops back then.

" Survivors need some places on the maps where they feel safe, it's too stressfull ! :'o "

" What else are we supposed to to do ? Run in a straigth line ? >:o "
    (Familliar huh ? :D )

Which led me to the conclusion that the vast majority of you all don't want to do a bit of efforts and will happilly spam every cheesy and unfair game mechanic as much as you can.

Like pallet looping, trying to make look this CHEESY, TROLLISH, EXPLOITIVE and BORING "mechanic" as legit.

LUL except toxic bully, who really thought that this game resolved around running in circle 90% of the time ?

I already know the answer, but peoples will easily figure.

Uh, Giche...I'm not sure if you're aware, but the vast majority of killers on forums don't want to put the effort in either. Instead of learning to chase better, they blame the game. I understand what you mean, but it works both ways :)

Chase better...because survivors don't have third person camera so that mistakes are their own and only their own most of the time. Autohaven wreckers with it's unmindgameable pallets comes to mind.

• only1biggs
    edited October 2018

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

Uh, Giche...I'm not sure if you're aware, but the vast majority of killers on forums don't want to put the effort in either. Instead of learning to chase better, they blame the game. I understand what you mean, but it works both ways :)

Chase better...because survivors don't have third person camera so that mistakes are their own and only their own most of the time. Autohaven wreckers with it's unmindgameable pallets comes to mind.

I mean cutting the loop better than the survivor, mind gaming, don't respect pallets etc. In most games, you're supposed to capitalize on the mistakes of your opponent. There are tiles/maps where this is more difficult, so you just gotta close the gap and not mess up.

• MhhBurgers

SO basically you want killers to follow the bad survivors and the good ones only get to get downed once the bad ones used up all the pallets.

Got it but we're not gonna be satisfied with that sorry.

• only1biggs

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

I mean cutting the loop better than the survivor, mind gaming, don't respect pallets etc. In most games, you're supposed to capitalize on the mistake on your opponent. There are tiles/maps where this is more difficult, so you just gotta close the gap and not mess up.

Cutting the loop better than the survivor in other words having a bad survivor. I know the game is balanced for the ######### casual base, but it shouldn't be. Survivors should have to drop pallets to buy some time or vault windows, not run around a [BAD WORD] car for 2 rounds before the killer finally manages to catch up because the devs dont want to fix our hitboxes.

You sound like a bad killer if you just can't accept your own mistakes. If you can't catch a survivor running around a car, I don't know what to tell you? LOL

• only1biggs

@MhhBurgers said:
    SO basically you want killers to follow the bad survivors and the good ones only get to get downed once the bad ones used up all the pallets.

Got it but we're not gonna be satisfied with that sorry.

What would you be satisfied with? The survivors starting on hooks? Them just running toward you? Perhaps they are not allowed any pallets and will be teleported to you if you don't catch them immediately upon seeing them? Bloodlust 3 straight away?

I mean, you think 3 blink Nurse is impressive, so....

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@only1biggs said:

You sound like a bad killer if you just can't accept your own mistakes. If you can't catch a survivor running around a car, I don't know what to tell you? LOL

And here we go again… a biased survivor who doesn't understand MATHEMATICS!
    Simple circle geometry!
    That is basically the meaning of "exploiting".

• only1biggs

@Wolf74 said:

@only1biggs said:

Simple circle geometry!

You are the ultimate troll. For real LOL :')

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@only1biggs said:

@Wolf74 said:

@only1biggs said:

Simple circle geometry!

The next Duck. facepalm
    I leave the explanation of looping, hitboxes and geometry to @Orion

• MhhBurgers

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@only1biggs said:

I mean cutting the loop better than the survivor, mind gaming, don't respect pallets etc. In most games, you're supposed to capitalize on the mistake on your opponent. There are tiles/maps where this is more difficult, so you just gotta close the gap and not mess up.

Cutting the loop better than the survivor in other words having a bad survivor. I know the game is balanced for the ######### casual base, but it shouldn't be. Survivors should have to drop pallets to buy some time or vault windows, not run around a [BAD WORD] car for 2 rounds before the killer finally manages to catch up because the devs dont want to fix our hitboxes.

Guess every killer in this game is bad then because all have to do those loops.

• MhhBurgers

@Wolf74 said:

@only1biggs said:

@Wolf74 said:

@only1biggs said:

Simple circle geometry!

The next Duck. facepalm

It's not like he'll understand, ppl with no education usually don't understand things that are most basic to us ascended beings.

• only1biggs

@MhhBurgers said:

@Wolf74 said:

@only1biggs said:

@Wolf74 said:

@only1biggs said:

Simple circle geometry!

The next Duck. facepalm

It's not like he'll understand, ppl with no education usually don't understand things that are most basic to us ascended beings.

LOL Oh you're both ascended alright :'D

Tears!

• MhhBurgers

at least we understand basic game design and math, yes.

• only1biggs

@MhhBurgers said:

Keep going, this is gold

• MhhBurgers

@only1biggs said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Keep going, this is gold

It's ok mr "killers just need to cut corners better than survivors altho it's physically impossible to do so"

• only1biggs

LOL :'D

This discussion has been closed.