Killer Adept grinding tips?

xenotimebong
xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

So despite playing this game for a few years off and on, I’ve never bothered to go for killer adepts and I never really learned the ins and outs of the emblem system either, since idgaf about pips.

I’ve decided to try to grind for some this week as a personal challenge. Any tips? I’ve heard that some are harder than others due to the Chaser emblem - do I just avoid using certain killer powers? Which did you find most/least difficult to get?

Comments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Pray you get dumb survivors.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Derank.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Doc and legion are probably the easiest as their powers are basically guaranteed iri emblem.

Insta down killers are a little harder as less hits makes brutality harder it think

Then again, i only have freddy adept from OG freddy.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I guess it's easier to just wait for the MMR system.That's when we get reset back to rank 20.

Other than that, it's all about how bad the survivors are that you get

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Play at night, or evening. Because usually depending on your rank, in red ranks it's veryyy difficult. Unless you have 1000s of hours in killer. But yeah at night in red ranks, you may get a mixed matches so you may get put vs purple and greens. Or try to de-ranked to get put vs lower ranks. But difficulty should be based on who you use more.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

A few days before rank reset, start to main the killer you are weakest with (For me, Nurse). Hopefully by the time you hit rank reset you will have (naturally) deranked one colour. Once rank reset happens you will be down another colour and have a bit more experience with your weakest killer. I'd recommend not playing killer for a few days after rank reset to get rid of some of the better players.

Once you start to play, lobby dodge as appropriate. 4 players loading in at the same time - Dodge. Key - Dodge. Impressive cosmetics - Dodge.

Once you find a lobby with two default Claudette's, a default Dwight and any Meg, start your game and not tunnel but kinda tunnel without making it obvious. You need to get rid of one person ASAP without them DCing.

Try your best to get as many hits and hooks as possible and you'll soon get bloody Adept Nurse for the second time because upgrading to PS5 makes you do them all again. I'm not bitter.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I'd say you need to learn how to use the killers power and perks, try and go for a strategy and hope you get lucky with the survivors

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

It is hard but not imposibble. Some killers are easier to get adept due to their powers while the others require some lucks. Most of the time if you are doing the adept challenge burn a map offering is the best solution. Other than that I suggest you to watch other people's or streamers adept challenges. Try to get as many hook as you get and try not to finish the game early. You need all emblems so try to keep a decent match for both sides. Use the best add-ons for the killers and you are good to go.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 921

Some killers much harder than others. Go to purple rank as you need 1 less point for the double pip than red rank. Green rank 2 less points for double pip.

Avoid using your instant down as that can hurt your overall score a few instant downs are fine just not a lot. Maybe 4 max. A few instant downs early game can help after 5 gens just down them.

Keep a mental note who has been hooked. 0121, 1121, 2201. You need a minimum of like 11 hooks, but 12 hooks be best. I've had a few 3k and still got adept. So you have to let them save hope they don't drop a state, self kill on hook or D/C.

Don't camp, slug if needed, try to find hatch at least before you kill the slugged 3rd person so you can immediately close it the moment it opens.

Biggest one. Pray that the stars are aligned and you get potatoe survivors and a good map for a chance to get it.

I've been doing them all recently and still have half of the killer's left.