Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Killer With Matchmaking Woes

hi all! i recently started playing dbd on the switch and i am absolutely obsessed lmao. i’ve been trying to become better at killer because the bloodpoint output is so much better, and thus leveling up is faster, but recently i’ve been having a really hard time with matchmaking. i’m currently a rank 16 killer (15 on a good day lmao), and for the past week or so i’ve been continuously matched with green & purple rank survivors (mostly purple!), which occasionally isn’t too bad, but recently it’s been exhausting. i’m actively starting to dislike playing killer for this reason, which sucks because i really want to get better. i just don’t want to 0k every single match. it almost makes me want to de-rank because this didn’t start happening til i got to yellow. i know this game is notorious for poor matchmaking, i just wanted to vent & hopefully some of you can commiserate hahaha.

Comments

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

Ey, welcome! The fact that you're getting paired with purple ranks when you're at rank 16 is kind of infuriating. I am at red ranks and still often getting a mix of purple and green survivors for my matches. You should not be facing the same level of survivors after playing for a week or 2, sorry you've had to deal with that. If you don't mind me asking, what killers are you playing? For the most part, once you're experienced with killer, you can do pretty well with most of them at any rank, but when you're just starting off, you're going to have a much easier time if you play a stronger killer, as they have a much larger margin of error to them. Spirit, Freddy, Pyramid Head, Oni, Doctor, and Leatherface would probably be good options for killers that aren't super difficult to use but have a lot of strong potential to them

Some other quick tips:

• If you can, pick up leatherface and get his teachable BBQ and Chili. Massively massively reduces the grind, and it's a pretty good perk to run on almost every killer. Getting perks unlocked on your killers will make a gigantic improvement to how well you can do in any given match, and BBQ will make that happen twice as fast
    • Slowdown perks will really help you out a lot, and are borderline necessary in a lot of games. Sloppy Butcher is one that is unlocked by default, so that's worth running. Corrupt intervention (plague), pop goes the weasel (clown), hex ruin (hag) are all good alternative options. If you're interested in those characters, they're worth buying just to unlock those perks alone. At red ranks, it generally feels mandatory to run 2-3 slowdown perks. And if you're struggling with matches, those are the perks that are probably going to help the most
    • Easier said than done, but if you can, try to focus more on making small improvements as a killer rather than the result of the match. Eventually, you will be able to crack some skulls