Have yall notice an increase in tunneling lately after the decisive nerf ?

I mean i don't have a problem with tunneling but i just find it funny watching killers tunnel survivors I mean i know i should help but still.

Comments

• Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc
    Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc Member Posts: 137

It seems the same for me before the nerf.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I mean, obviously this was going to happen, but it was pretty much constant before anyway, so idk if I can say there's been a marked difference.

• Drixpy_Jayyy
    Drixpy_Jayyy Member Posts: 181

@Elena whose to say

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Not really.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I play 20-25 hours a week as survivor, and I really haven't noticed a difference (at Red/Purple ranks). Some nights we'll see a few tunnelers, other nights not -- but that's no difference for me since DS got its change.

I still run DS on every survivor build, and it hasn't really affected by gameplay either. It's bailed me out a couple of times when I've legitimately been tunneled, and when I'm not, I'll move from where I was unhooked to a safer zone to work on an objective, since even before, in those instances DS would have worn off anyway by the time I'd be interacting with the killer again. I haven't spent any time in a match doing "nothing" because of worrying about it deactivating, since I'm either using it or playing smartly around its conditions.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

I've not seen much in the way of tunneling since the change. I think I've only experienced it once since. The others have just not been so scared to whack and grab a recently unhooked survivor who somehow walks in front of the killer again.

Obviously, DS isn't used as much, but I've still noted DS being used on killers. Really, if survivors didn't want to suffer incase of tunneling, DS is still powerful ... just no longer able to effectively wave it in front of a killer's face whilst they finish a gen under their nose.

• ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179

What happened is that a lot of survivors seemed to want to have the effect of DS without bringing the perk. If people are really that annoyed with tunneling they can bring DS but they just, don't.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

There's an increase in true tunneling because all those times before the nerf were mostly not true tunneling, with killers hooking 3 people and still getting DS'd by the first person they hooked. Gen rush hasn't changed though, so killers will tunnel to play catch-up.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

Not really

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

It probably looks like tunneling because of DS not being activated as often.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

If people prevent the game from proceeding like bodyblocking you in a corner for 30min or hiding and not doing anything. Why did you ask?

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163

Ive never seen it done before so i wasnt sure how holding the game hostage would take place..... also im used to people saying tunneling is getting hooked within 5 minutes of getting unhooked and if you arent on the opposite corner of the map ur camping.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

cause survivors who used it aka abused it stopped running it.

if tunneling got increased then blame the sudden drop of DS runners.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

I don't think it's actually an increase in tunneling that we're seeing here, but rather less people bringing DS to prevent tunneling from being successful.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I’ve noticed a bit of an increase and more people actually eat DS now

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

No, not a bit. What I'm seeing is survivors being actually punished by being "ballsy" and doing gens in the killer's face now.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,867

Well if survivors with DS weren’t being obnoxious with it then it wouldn’t have gotten nerfed in the first place.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Yet killers hate gen-rushing, but practically get NOED for free because survivors can't differentiate between a killer who does or doesn't have it. However, killers can differentiate when DS is being used due to the obsession mechanic giving it away.

Why allow tunneling, but don't allow gen rushing without taking a risk. It wouldn't be the end of the world with the balanced DS. Maybe if we added this, tunneling would go down.

Yes, I know, it's a strategy, but it shouldn't be actively encouraged, nor should gen rushing be too.

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163

gen rushing is part of the game... Tunneling is part of the game.... NOED is part of the game... feel free to bring ds if you want but it isnt fair to let you be productive for 60s while we cant touch you. new DS is so much better than it used to be

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Not only because most survivors stopped running DS... But also because any killer that got hit with DS now, realized that DS can't stop them from tunneling, so they continue to tunnel anyway.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2021

I don't think tunneling increased because of the ds nerf. I think it increased because survivors stopped bringing it because it's not OP anymore. No obsession means no fear of DS. So the killer goes after whoever is the quickest to drop. DS still functions as anti tunnel but survivors are salty it isn't 60 secs of god mode anymore.

• NMCKE
  • odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

now many killer eat dsed compared to previously, many killer stopped slugging and just continue to chase the unhooked survivor instead of the one rescuing them.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Exactly. But it wasn't until the nerf that lots of players noticed.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Yes.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Yeah as I said the other day I have noticed an increase in tunneling. It's happened to me, and I seen more people get tunneled. I can't tell you the amount of times I have been picked up after the DS nerf after getting tunneled, only to DS the killer hahaha. Were as before the killers would have a bit more respect if they downed you after getting hooked.

• NMCKE

I know that, but survivors are screwed the moment no one does use it because that means no obsession perks are being used, which also means no DS and free tunneling for the killer. While on the other hand, survivors can't differentiate between a killer who is or isn't using NOED, there's literally nothing in the game that gives away NOED.

I'm all for healthy perks like NOED hindering gen rushing and adding more flavor to the game. However, give a fair treatment to all healthy perks, like DS and it's even been balanced. Would it really hurt to give survivors a chance if they truly are being tunnelled? If there wasn't a way for the killer to tell DS, then they would risk it. If the killer risks it and the survivor doesn't have DS, that's on the survivor. But there should always be a risk. Just like gen-rushing.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I haven't noticed any increase at all in tunneling. I generally get red/purple rank killers so not sure if it is happening in other ranks.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Then run Decisive Strike. If a Killer is tunnelling, keep running the perk to punish them.

If Survivors didn’t go apeshit over the fact that they can’t break the game by pushing generators while invincible, then this wouldn’t have happened. Killers are only tunnelling because Survivors screamed that they aren’t going to run the perk anymore because it isn’t abusable and Killers are taking advantage over the fact that people stopped using it.

Keep using it. Run it every single game, punish the Killer for tunnelling. Little by little, things will go back to normal.

Of course it’d also help if the developers let DS proc twice, once for every hook, rather than once and never again, but baby steps.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

survivors should continue bringing DS if they don’t want to be tunneled. if a killer spawns in and there’s no obsession, I would like to know a good reason for them not to tunnel, other than the person who is tunneled not liking it?

• cmq
    cmq Member Posts: 5

Why do killers camp and tunnel. Your supposed to hunt not sit there do nothing and just tunnel ppl. How is that even fun. That takes the fun out of the game. You are just bad at the game if you do this, and the higher the rank the worse it is. Not to mention a survivor waits 5-10 min for a match then they get hooked and thats the whole game. You killers have way to many perks to help you out and your much faster. There are some killers who play the right way, but not many. If your good at the game you will hook someone and HUNT for another. All of you that camp and tunnel should not be high rank you should be rank 20. The point of games are fun and you ruin that cuz you suck at the game. A good killer will play right and still get everyone. But off course that wont happen cuz the killers a lil babies

• cmq
    cmq Member Posts: 5

Dont care if i die but want to have fun playing

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

I've found tunneling about the same but facecamping seems way up

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

Because it lets them win. People need to stop asking killers to stop camping and start asking the devs to change the mechanics so that it's not a viable strategy to camp. Or atleast not such a good if not incredibly boring one

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I still get ds sometimes even if I don't tunnel. Last time I got ds when Jane just run into my face after about 40 seconds after she was unhooked. She just bodyblocked Yui I chased. Weird way to use ds.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 273

I've seen a slight increase in tunneling, but not a drastic enough increase for me to start equipping DS just yet.

However, there has been a drastic increase in games without an obsession. This kinda sucks since before the rework I usually wouldn't run any obsession perks as survivor (maybe occasionally Bloodpact), and relied on my teammates to have one. Now i'm starting to feel pressured to run DS, which means one less fun perk to bring like Autodidact or Any Means Necessary.

When the new OoO drops, i'll probably start running that as I really liked it in the PTB, and then at least there will be an obsession in most/all of my games. So problem solved I guess?

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Yeah because there's been less of a chance that ds will be active, and a lot less people are using the perk which ironically gives me more of a reason to use the perk as killers will tunnel me assuming I don't have ds, so I actually get more use out of it now than I did before the nerf.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Yea, the tunneling has increased. Because those Toxic survivors can't abuse it anymore. They stopped using it, so now, nobody uses it. And if there's no obsession in the game, the majority of killers will tunnel, especially the Red and Purple rank killers. You're basically forced to use it to have a decent game nowadays.

In my opinion, they nerfed it too hard. I don't think it should be deactivated if you heal yourself, or if you do something else for less than 2 seconds. Because some people heal in a chase and some are tapping gens in a chase to stop the regression. Altho, I think the timer should be like 30 or 40, but the timer pauses when you're in a chase. Because some people can get chased for more than 60 seconds.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

Less survivors running it.

That's the reason I recently started running it again and it's true. I use it like twice as much as usual.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Massively increased. The devs can record stats and I'd like to see how much the numbers increases lol

Just the number of survivors getting rehooked within 60 seconds of being unhooked

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I've noticed an increase in tunneling, yes. Tiresome to happen to be the first person that the killer spots and then get chased relentlessly even as I run past three other easy targets.